S4 Mini still shipped with old bootloader?

Search This thread

ElZeck

Jan 6, 2012
Hey guys,

I recently ordered an S4 Mini LTE (I9195) and I am currently waiting for delivery. Unfortunately, I only became aware of the permanent KNOX trigger in the new bootloader after ordering. Since I read about that I have been trying to find out if Samsung now already delivers the phones with the new KNOX bootloader or if you could avoid it simply by not updating.

Has anyone recently bought the phone and could advise me on this? (Preferably someone from Germany who ordered on Amazon)

Thanks a million!

Regards
ElZeck

chemicalrage

Oct 17, 2011
You have to know the box date of your S4 Mini. If it is Jan 2014 it would probably be with KNOX.

ElZeck

Jan 6, 2012
Ordered it on 30 Dec 2013. I was hoping that maybe Amazon was still delivering from older charges with the old bootloader. I think it depends on how big their stock is, as the bigger the stock, the earlier the devices have been delivered to Amazon. I just wanted to know what other people experienced that ordered in the last weeks.

ElZeck

Jan 6, 2012
In case any of you were also wondering, I received my S4 mini today and (happy me!) the Firmware was still MH3 (Germany, no provider, last build with the old bootloader)!

So let's get to flashing!!!

Me hear dem are sam custom Roms! Where dem at?
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

nunein

Feb 26, 2007
Leimen
... is understandable. I received mine with MH3 as well :)

Sent from my black pearl using Tapatalk