[Q] Files I Copy to my SD CARD are deleting themselves

Search This thread

OsirisOne1

Jun 10, 2014
Hi everyone,
Starters: Phone is entirely stock, 64 GB San Disk SD Card
So starting yesterday, whenever I copy a new file (mostly mp3's) to my SD card and go to play it off my phone, they are not working. When I go back onto my computer and look up the file it's gone! I've never seen anything like this before. All the files on my SD card that were there before yesterday are still working normally. The mp3s on my internal storage are also working properly.

A separate but potentially related issue is that recently, when I take pictures they show up in my gallery at first, but then they come up as corrupted a few minutes later and then they are gone completely. They are saved to my internal storage. This is not happening 100% of the time.

I'm not sure what's going on with my phones storage. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you !

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
Hi everyone,
So starting yesterday, whenever I copy a new file (mostly mp3's) to my SD card and go to play it off my phone, they are not working. When I go back onto my computer and look up the file it's gone! I've never seen anything like this before. All the files on my SD card that were there before yesterday are still working normally. The mp3s on my internal storage are also working properly.

A separate but potentially related issue is that recently, when I take pictures they show up in my gallery at first, but then they come up as corrupted a few minutes later and then they are gone completely. They are saved to my internal storage. This is not happening 100% of the time.

I'm not sure what's going on with my phones storage. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you !

Are you sure your 64 gig card is legit? Sorta sounds like what happens to the fake ones...Once you hit the magic number (maybe 8 gigs) it starts overwriting.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

OsirisOne1

Jun 10, 2014
I'm sure it's legit. It's a sandisk directly from Amazon themselves. Also, I'm well passed 30 gbs and it's not overwriting it's just deleting the new files altogether.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

Are you sure your 64 gig card is legit? Sorta sounds like what happens to the fake ones...Once you hit the magic number (maybe 8 gigs) it starts overwriting.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk