[Q] HELP! Deleted internal storage and adb doesn't work

Search This thread

zabtos

Jun 27, 2014
what RUU and what hboot is your phone on

hboot: 1.57
RUU: http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_...0-38r-1157-04l_release_353069_signed_2-1-exe/

The RUU is the same but I didn't download it from there, just can't find the original link

The weird thing is I installed this ruu one day ago, before I messed up my phone, and everything went fine.

Now I first installed the revolution hd rom to see if the otg method is working, then I tried to run the ruu and I got this error.

EDIT: Ok, I flashed a stock rom from revolution hd via recovery, now I can update my phone. However would be still interesting to know why the ruu isn't working properly

One last question just to be sure: Now I have a stock htc one rom and a stock htc one recovery, but the it's rooted. Will I receive updates or do I need to unroot it? I don't care if the root is lost after the update.

Last edited:

Sieze

root shouldnt effect OTA updates. only if you change recovery. withotu stock recovery you cannot OTA update. and as for wy the RUU wouldnt work i suspect it has something to do with you having to new a hboot. may be wrong though.

and you may lose root after OTA but only if android version changes.

Reactions: zabtos

zabtos

Jun 27, 2014
root shouldnt effect OTA updates. only if you change recovery. withotu stock recovery you cannot OTA update. and as for wy the RUU wouldnt work i suspect it has something to do with you having to new a hboot. may be wrong though.

and you may lose root after OTA but only if android version changes.

Ok then, if I can update my htc it's alright, the root doesn't matter

Top Liked Posts