[Modem / Basebands][5/5] - Verizon Modems - Updated 5/5/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

SeanPlunk

May 7, 2011
I've been running the new modem since yesterday with no ill effects. I haven't noticed any performance difference good or bad so far. I'll continue to monitor and report soon.

justin94

Oct 31, 2010
Re: [Modem / Basebands][1/20] - The two current modems available

I tether everyday at work while im locked in a small dark room with no windows. My signal is always in and out and never staying consistent. It would jump from 4g to 3g to no data a lot. Since I flashed the new modem... I have not have a single drop and the transitions from 3g to 4g are smooth. Hope this info can help others to decide

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

wooddale

Nov 5, 2010
New Lisbon
I tether everyday at work while im locked in a small dark room with no windows. My signal is always in and out and never staying consistent. It would jump from 4g to 3g to no data a lot. Since I flashed the new modem... I have not have a single drop and the transitions from 3g to 4g are smooth. Hope this info can help others to decide

I tried the new Modem today for a bit but Im in a strong 4G area and its to damn cold to go out testing. I didnt see any difference. Im going out to some less signal areas tomorrow I will be able to tell more. At least they are no worse

Amin Sabet

Aug 27, 2010
Boston, MA
I compared:

Old radio with CleanROM VZW-SE 1.0

to

New radio with CleanROM Lite Verizon Edition

No difference in signal, battery, heat, etc. Tested in several locations.

littleguevara

May 21, 2010

Edit: turned out to be an outage in my area, false alarm, my fault

Last edited:

wooddale

Nov 5, 2010
New Lisbon
Ok here are my test results. Went two different directions out of my strong 4G. Lost 4G were I usually do no change. The one thing I noticed is that signal strength was higher -71 69asu thats the best I think I have ever got. The weird thing is it is not stable as old Modem jumps around a lot. Im gonna stick with it for a few days and see what happens doesnt seem to be any worse.

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
if u want ill redo these with a sha1 check in them so they wont flash if not a good download.. this should have been done from the beginning lol

Its not hard to do an MD5 check.

Im sure people can handle it :good:

800+ downloads in two days and no lost connectivity yet, lol

I think we got this! :angel:

But thanks though! ;)

Last edited:

dcdgoth

Jul 25, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga
Honestly I don't feel anything has been changed. My connectivity seems about the same but it looks like my battery is draining faster since flashing to new radio.

Scott

Honestly I don't feel anything has been changed. My connectivity seems about the same but it looks like my battery is draining faster since flashing to new radio.

Possible! A few people have said that.

How long have you been running it and what ROM are you on?

If you dont have matching RIL files I could see issues possible.

If you are willing to test something I will post the match RIL files for the new radio?

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III

Possible! A few people have said that.

How long have you been running it and what ROM are you on?

If you dont have matching RIL files I could see issues possible.

If you are willing to test something I will post the match RIL files for the new radio?

I had bad battery drain too. If you post the new ril files I'll give it a run see if it makes a difference

Sent from my SCH-I605 (AKA NOTE 2)

wooddale

Nov 5, 2010
New Lisbon
I have been on it for over a day I definetly notice better signal strength. On the old Modem at my house I set at about -95dbm with new one -91dbm I even switched back and forth same deal. Im not sure about battery I would try files if you post. It does seem though that the new Modems are not quite as stable again its hard to tell. If thats true that may explain battery drain. I am on Beans 5 Perseus Kernel

danutzz

Mar 24, 2011
Chicago

The new modem does increase heat output near the top part of the phone, by the camera. This in turn drains the battery life.

It does seem to increase signal strength slightly. Only by a couple db's. Speed of download is still the same.

The trade is not worth it in my opinion.

wooddale

Nov 5, 2010
New Lisbon
The new modem does increase heat output near the top part of the phone, by the camera. This in turn drains the battery life.

It does seem to increase signal strength slightly. Only by a couple db's. Speed of download is still the same.

The trade is not worth it in my opinion.

Im not seeing the heat difference. What should it be I cant feel any difference heat at 80 degrees drops lower when not in use which is what its supposed to do. Dropped about 5% bat in an hr normal use web and 2 calls.

Scott

I had bad battery drain too. If you post the new ril files I'll give it a run see if it makes a difference

Well, here are the matching RIL files for the L4 Radio...

Now... Make a nandroid back up before flashing...

This is for VZW stock TouwchWiz based ROMS only (CleanROM, Beanstown106 based ROMS, etc)! Any CM / PA / AOSP / ABC / XYZ / Etc... ROM will not work with these files.

Last edited:

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III

This is for VZW stock TouwchWiz ROMS only. Any CM / PA / AOSP / ABC / XYZ / Etc... ROM will not work with these files.

Well it flashed with no problem. I'll give it a couple days see how it works out

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

By the way meant to do this last week but forgot. Thanks for all you do here, have lunch on me

9F177079Y5582730X

Reactions: Scott
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is all I have for now...

Please make sure you check the MD5 sum of the modem before flashing it!
    A bad download with a modem is not like a bad download with a ROM! Things can go to hell real quick with a bad modem download!!!

• I605VRALJB - Stock release modem.
    • MD5: 46AFD12412A4C71BAA3383A35521F8B7

• I605VRAL4 - OTA 1/18 Modem
    • MD5: 084D1B4822284A7852163F101AFA94A1

• I605VRAC3 - OTA 5/3 Modem
    • MD5: 0B3A23234E3F721A1A81BF1DB5FA7A30

Download HERE
    MOD EDIT: Download link removed with OP's permission.

Hit Thanks! It doesnt cost a penny and goes a long way!

-Scott
    I think I will stick with the stock Radio for a while, do you see any issues with compatibility with new bases that may come in the near future?

I dont see any new bases coming in the future so... No.

Verizon is so far behind on there Android build its kinda of sickening.

They spend too much R&D in how to screw us over on bootloaders instead of keeping software current.
    What are these useful for? I was hoping one day we can flash any rom from all the Varients (well the LTE varients), then just flash the verizon radio and your good to go...........
    Actually, you can do that now. And my CleanROM ACE is proof of it.

Can you verify the MD5 because I am getting an extra digit here.

File: I605VRALL4 Modem.zip
    CRC-32: d2b34ef9
    MD4: 89701243c2d79518bca9c8e13cec219a
    MD5: 084d1b4822284a7852163f101afa94a1
    SHA-1: 004aec4abe89d7d2f3900a100fdcfaccf91e9c7a

dja2k

My bad... Copy and paste got me...

Correct MD5 for L4 is: 084D1B4822284A7852163F101AFA94A1

This is for VZW stock TouwchWiz based ROMS only (CleanROM, Beanstown106 based ROMS, etc)! Any CM / PA / AOSP / ABC / XYZ / Etc... ROM will not work with these files.