Anyone use f2fs file system?

Search This thread

luxpiotr

Jan 4, 2013
I read about f2fs partitions format, that its faster file system than default. Is it worth a play in formatting? Are there any visible results?
I have Tab 2 5100 10" 3G

AdamT6

May 18, 2014
F2FS fine, but hoping for BTRFS

My usage is much more minimalistic than perhaps yours, but I recently completely formatted by GT-P5110 to F2FS (apart from my microsd) and while I have yet to do any comparative benchmarking I have also not experienced any problems on Codename Lungo with AGNI's kernel. Phoronix has done plenty of benchmarking between EXT4 and F2FS with each providing benefits over the other is certain areas. To be honest, I would much rather get BTRFS onto Android and play with that. I have used it extensively on Arch Linux and it can be dialed in very well for flash and further can provide compression and will eventually support in-band deduplication.

otavioricciotti

Nov 24, 2013
Campinas
I tried F2FS with CM11 and Blackhawk kernel and I got too many problems (no stability, no camera) and didn't see improvments (mainly in benchmarks). Then I'm back to EXT4.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i haven't tried it but one of my friend tried and and said that he did not saw much improvements
    I'm after trye. I can say it couse more problems than improvments. I found problem with camera - cant connect to hardwere, problems with internal memory. I back to normal ext4.