[Q] flash ta backup while bootloader unlocked?

Search This thread

ishaan0123

Oct 16, 2012
will bravia engine work with this?

i was on 6.2.b.1.96 xs 4.1.2 rooted
then i took TA Backup.
now today i unlocked bootloader for the first tym (DRM keys preserverd in TA backup.)

now if i restore my TA backup while the bootloader unlocked, then will it restore drm keys and will bravia engine work?
m nt trying it because m afraid of bricking the phone.( just recovered from a soft brick yesterday). has anyone tried?

mohit378

Jan 10, 2014
Karnal
yes surely mate ...go ahead with restore....it will restore ur DRM keys and bravia engine will work as it was at the time of backup...
recommend to do this on stock firmware on which u had taken the TA backup....Hope this helps...

Last edited:

ishaan0123

Oct 16, 2012
yes surely mate ...go ahead with restore....it will restore ur DRM keys and bravia engine will work as it was at the time of backup...
recommend to do this on stock firmware on which u had taken the TA backup....Hope this helps...

but dont it look weird, unlocked bootloader and drm keys working together? i didnt read anything like that on internet. can u quote any such link?

mohit378

Jan 10, 2014
Karnal
when u restore ur TA BACKUP it will restore ur DRM keys and bravia engine & ur BOOTLOADERS will get locked again....u have to unlock it again for custom kernel flashing...
so just flash stock firmware first on which u had taken TA backup and then restore it.... if you're using a custom kernel, you'll brick the phone.......so u must be on stock firmware first before restoration process...hope this helps...

Last edited:
Reactions: ishaan0123

intoxic8

Jan 28, 2014
Just to add since you just recovered from a soft brick.

If you restored your TA while using a custom kernel, you will hardbrick your phone which I believe is unrecoverable...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    when u restore ur TA BACKUP it will restore ur DRM keys and bravia engine & ur BOOTLOADERS will get locked again....u have to unlock it again for custom kernel flashing...
    so just flash stock firmware first on which u had taken TA backup and then restore it.... if you're using a custom kernel, you'll brick the phone.......so u must be on stock firmware first before restoration process...hope this helps...