Mobile Dock Power Saving Mode Not Working

Search This thread

marcmarshall

Apr 20, 2010
Providence
Hi all- Lately I have been getting terrible battery drain when my tablet sleeps while docked. I noticed that even though I have the Asus custom option for Mobiledock power saving mode enabled it does not work. I remember with my T101 I would have to enable, disable, and reenabel but that does not work. If I sleep the tablet and press any key on the dock it wakes. I suspect this is since the last recent update as the problem also seems to have started recently. My tablet is completely stock and not rooted yet.

Anyone else notice this?

Thanks

Moderater- Sorry, I was doing search on this and thought I was still in the question/troubleshooting forum. You might want to move this thread. mm

Last edited:

marcmarshall

Apr 20, 2010
Providence
Install wake lock detector to see which apps are keeping your tablet awake.

Just installed. Will post back results. Thanks.

Wakelock manager is not working properly on my system. When I try to perform any action I just get a message that says "unable to perform requested action at this time, try again later." That said, it did open to the CPU wakelock page that was sorted by duration. The top of the list was Avast Mobile Security with a duration of only 9secs. I'm guessing that does not pose much of a problem.

I previously have BatteryStats Plus installed. It also is no longer working and is constantly crashing but I have been checking it since the battery drain problem started. It has a page for "potentially draining apps" that I am guessing also has to do with wakelocks. It has always reported that there are "no potentially draining apps"

What I also need to do, and should have tried already, is to sleep the tablet without the dock and see how the battery holds up.

I do know that the Asus Custom Setting for Mobiledock Battery Saving Mode is not working. Any key on the dock will still wake the tablet with this enabled. I suspect this is the problem. I should mention that I also have the tablet in Ultra Battery Saving Mode.

Can anyone with the latest update installed tell me if the Mobiledock Battery Saving Mode in setting under the Asus Custom Settings is working for them?

Thanks

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Wakelock manager is not working properly on my system. When I try to perform any action I just get a message that says "unable to perform requested action at this time, try again later." That said, it did open to the CPU wakelock page that was sorted by duration. The top of the list was Avast Mobile Security with a duration of only 9secs. I'm guessing that does not pose much of a problem.

I previously have BatteryStats Plus installed. It also is no longer working and is constantly crashing but I have been checking it since the battery drain problem started. It has a page for "potentially draining apps" that I am guessing also has to do with wakelocks. It has always reported that there are "no potentially draining apps"

What I also need to do, and should have tried already, is to sleep the tablet without the dock and see how the battery holds up.

I do know that the Asus Custom Setting for Mobiledock Battery Saving Mode is not working. Any key on the dock will still wake the tablet with this enabled. I suspect this is the problem. I should mention that I also have the tablet in Ultra Battery Saving Mode.

Can anyone with the latest update installed tell me if the Mobiledock Battery Saving Mode in setting under the Asus Custom Settings is working for them?

Thanks

Sounds like your device is not sleeping at all so you need to find out why - which wake lock detector or better battery stats would do - so you need to get a logcat of why they are not working

Sounds like you have major issues to me....

Reactions: marcmarshall

marcmarshall

Apr 20, 2010
Providence
Sounds like your device is not sleeping at all so you need to find out why - which wake lock detector or better battery stats would do - so you need to get a logcat of why they are not working

Well I know from the reviews that Better Battery Stats has been crashing for a lot of folks. A logcat is a good idea. Maybe it's time to finally root and flash a new rom as well. Thanks

marcmarshall

Apr 20, 2010
Providence
I have no significant drain with tablet sleeping when not docked. This is similiar to early problems with the TF101.

Is anyone else having dock draining issues? Is the dock power saving mode working for anyone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Install wake lock detector to see which apps are keeping your tablet awake.

Thanks