cheap eBay glass- uk

Search This thread

mjb152

Sep 13, 2013
I tried with a screen protector earlier this week, usual nonsense with bubbles and it looked terrible. It picked up finger prints and looked very smudged, i only had it on 2 days as it looked cheap.
I bought a glass protector from eBay, and expected the same issue. I fitted it in the bathroom after a shower, cleaned the screen with window cleaner 2-3 times , and used the anti static remover. The glass had a thin layer of glue, and this helps to hide scratches and makes fitting very easy ( similar effect to the glue you use if you've ever replaced a smashed screen).
I'm very happy with this glass, I'll post as to how easy it scratches, bit my first impression is very good. Fingers prints don't hang around, and it doesn't smudge.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/221374622274

mjb152

Sep 13, 2013
Hi,
Does this have the open cutout at the top? Any pictures?
Thanks
sorry I didn't see this, yes it does have an open cutout but it doesn't seem to trap dust and looks just fine.
I'm a few weeks in now and all is well , the glass is firmly glued down and doesn't show signs on lifting, there are zero bubbles, and it's very easy to keep clean. Fingerprints don't cause problems or leave smudges, so I'm very happy with it.

michedenhaag

Jul 23, 2007
Don't buy!! 0.33 mm thickness will give you serious issues with touchsensitivity.

0.23/0.26 is the max.

mjb152

Sep 13, 2013
I've got no reason at all to stick up for this purchase or supplier, but your comment about "serious issues" is wrong.