Can't Update SU Binary on Note 3???

• Thread starter Deleted member 5098235
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5098235

So I just got done rooting my Note 3 with towelroot and everything went fine. I checked to make sure it worked with "Root Checker" and it said I successfully had root access. So next step I took was to download a SuperUser app from the PlayStore, and no matter WHAT SuperUser app I use, NONE of them can update the SU Binary????? so I went and downloaded "Busybox Installer" and downloaded the latest Busybox version to my Note. Then went back to retry to update the Binary but still no progess!! I'm stuck and I really don't know what else to do! I'm not trying to install any ROM or Safestrap. Just want my phone rooted to mess around with some permissions and hacked apks. So can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong???? I've rebooted my Note COUNTLESS number of times and still SuperSU still says it fails to update the Binary! It successfully disable KNOX tho. So what can I do so that I can use my root to my full potential and update the SU Binary???

Last edited by a moderator:

K03WL3R

Feb 25, 2012
So I just got done rooting my Note 3 with towelroot and everything went fine. I checked to make sure it worked with "Root Checker" and it said I successfully had root access. So next step I took was to download a SuperUser app from the PlayStore, and no matter WHAT SuperUser app I use, NONE of them can update the SU Binary????? so I went and downloaded "Busybox Installer" and downloaded the latest Busybox verizon to my Note. Then went back to retry to update the Binary but still no progess!! I'm stuck and I really don't know what else to do! I'm not trying to install any ROM or Safestrap. Just want my phone rooted to mess around with some permissions and no hacked apks. So can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong???? I've rebooted my Note COUNTLESS number of times and still SuperSU still says it fails to update the Binary! It successfully disable KNOX tho. So what can I do so that I can use my root to my full potential and update the SU Binary???
I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that its just a problem with towelroot.. And that same thing happened to me on my note 3. I'm pretty sure what I did was download safestrap (you can I install it after) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2517610 and flash this (chainfires supersu +binary) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2517610

If that doesn't work just either pm me or comment that it didn't and I'll see if I can find another way! And you can always uninstall safestrap once you flashed the package (don't forget to clear cache and dalvic) :)

Sent from my GalaxyAwesome

tlipitli

Jun 23, 2014
bridgetown
recovery locked ----boooo!

So I just got done rooting my Note 3 with towelroot and everything went fine. I checked to make sure it worked with "Root Checker" and it said I successfully had root access. So next step I took was to download a SuperUser app from the PlayStore, and no matter WHAT SuperUser app I use, NONE of them can update the SU Binary????? so I went and downloaded "Busybox Installer" and downloaded the latest Busybox verizon to my Note. Then went back to retry to update the Binary but still no progess!! I'm stuck and I really don't know what else to do! I'm not trying to install any ROM or Safestrap. Just want my phone rooted to mess around with some permissions and no hacked apks. So can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong???? I've rebooted my Note COUNTLESS number of times and still SuperSU still says it fails to update the Binary! It successfully disable KNOX tho. So what can I do so that I can use my root to my full potential and update the SU Binary???
clarify your Super user app from google play is 1.99r4 ....you should check THIS thread for latest SuperSu app (2.00)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053
keep in mind Vzw recovery is locked, you cannot flash files on stock rom.
SS will relieve big headaches....so install it.
check upload... you get one free today
:good:

Attachments

• update-superSu-v2.00.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 818
D

Deleted member 5098235

Thanks for all the help! Got it up and running in no time! :)

jinh0o

Jul 15, 2014
Download the flashable zip of supersu. Then instead of flashing, go to the Commons folder inside it and extract the apk. Install it and then run it from app drawer.

This just prompts SU binary update and fails.

I managed to download safestrap and have the su zip in my downloads, but dont knwo where to go from here.
I also don't use anything but stock ROM, won't I trip KNOX by flashing my stock?

First time rooting so I probably shouldn't play around with things alone. Thanks

K03WL3R

Feb 25, 2012
This just prompts SU binary update and fails.

I managed to download safestrap and have the su zip in my downloads, but dont knwo where to go from here.
I also don't use anything but stock ROM, won't I trip KNOX by flashing my stock?

First time rooting so I probably shouldn't play around with things alone. Thanks
No you won't trip knox :) flashing is safe in safestrap!

K03WL3R

Feb 25, 2012
Still not downloading the binary. Now I can't even uninstall it through drawer, did the flash make it a system app?

I think I should've uninstalled it before the flash.
It might've, sorry but I'm not clear on what I did..(I think I just flashed a rom) Just go to system/app and see if it's there. Delete it and reflash.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

And here is the version of superSU from when towel root first came out. http://download.chainfire.eu/447/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r4.zip

alishirazy

Dec 2, 2012
Helpppppppp

I rooted my phone with ODIN - chainfire CF-Root
After 5 minutes my root is broken !
Now ! i can't update supersu ! installtion failed !
i can't uninstall supersu or full unroot to ROOT my device again !!!
* update it from recovery ,not worked !
** delet it from recovery and root browser ! NOT WORKED
*** re-install not worked too.
Build Number : XXUGBOJ1 - Android 5
can anyone help me !?:(
Note 3 N9005 3G & LTE

donc113

Jul 27, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I rooted my phone with ODIN - chainfire CF-Root
After 5 minutes my root is broken !
Now ! i can't update supersu ! installtion failed !
i can't uninstall supersu or full unroot to ROOT my device again !!!
* update it from recovery ,not worked !
** delet it from recovery and root browser ! NOT WORKED
*** re-install not worked too.
Build Number : XXUGBOJ1 - Android 5
can anyone help me !?:(
Note 3 N9005 3G & LTE

The N9005 is not a Verizon phone, this forum is about the Verizon Note 3, SM-900V

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that its just a problem with towelroot.. And that same thing happened to me on my note 3. I'm pretty sure what I did was download safestrap (you can I install it after) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2517610 and flash this (chainfires supersu +binary) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2517610

If that doesn't work just either pm me or comment that it didn't and I'll see if I can find another way! And you can always uninstall safestrap once you flashed the package (don't forget to clear cache and dalvic) :)

Sent from my GalaxyAwesome
    recovery locked ----boooo!

clarify your Super user app from google play is 1.99r4 ....you should check THIS thread for latest SuperSu app (2.00)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053
    keep in mind Vzw recovery is locked, you cannot flash files on stock rom.
    SS will relieve big headaches....so install it.
    check upload... you get one free today
    :good:
    Once rooted with towelroot, I uninstalled the towelroot app. After the next reboot, SuperSU was not complaining anymore for me.