[BOOTLOADER] gingerbread & froyo up/downgrading the easy way

Search This thread

ata1918

Jan 7, 2010
Uhhh the usual procedure:
Take it to a samsung service center, say that you were updating via kies and the phone just froze.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

kimtaei

Feb 8, 2011
Singapore
Hello, now I'm on Froyo v2.2.1 with Baseband I9000ZSJPG, kernel 2.6.32.9 curio@carton #Voodoo_stable_5.4.2 & Doc9.9.ZSJPG with CWM. it also has lagfix done too.
1. will I need to reset to factory setting, wipe dalvik cache & etc before flashing to GB bootloader?
2. can i just flash new ROM saved in my SD card after I flashed GB BL straight away using the CWM?
3. can I flash Jelly Bean ROM using this??

Your kind guide and help are appreciated because I'm new, just got this old phone from my friend.

Roots

Oct 8, 2011
United Kingdom
Hello, now I'm on Froyo v2.2.1 with Baseband I9000ZSJPG, kernel 2.6.32.9 curio@carton #Voodoo_stable_5.4.2 & Doc9.9.ZSJPG with CWM. it also has lagfix done too.
1. will I need to reset to factory setting, wipe dalvik cache & etc before flashing to GB bootloader?
2. can i just flash new ROM saved in my SD card after I flashed GB BL straight away using the CWM?
3. can I flash Jelly Bean ROM using this??

Your kind guide and help are appreciated because I'm new, just got this old phone from my friend.

If you have never flashed before, then so some more reading learn the easy way..
Using bootloaders which you do not understand then you may brick your phone..
And most custom roms do not need different/extra bootloaders.. Always read custom rom instructions on installs procedure..(that will confirm if bootloader needed our not)
:)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Sep 17, 2013
Lahore
plz reupload these files to mediafire..

ezboot.png

This is just a quick way to switch between bootloaders. Most people are downloading ~150MB to upgrade to downgrade there bootloaders. This is a small 7MB for GB & 8MB for froyo download to help you flash just your boot loaders.

An example, you on froyo and want to install a custom CWM gingerbread ROM, you can now just download the gingerbread bootloader and flash it insted of flashing a full ROM.
Or, if you on gingerbread and wish to flash CM7 you need to downgrade, again insted of flashing a full ROM, just download the froyo bootloader and flash that :)

Downloads:

Instructions:
Remember this flashes the bootloader, if it fails it means you might be trouble.
  • Download the right version from section above
  • Reboot your phone into Download mode
  • Connect your phone to computer
  • Run EZOdin
  • Select EZboot-Froyo-1.0.tar.md5 or EZboot-GingerBread-1.0.tar.md5as a PDA file in EZOdin
  • Check the "Phone Bootloader Update" checkbox
  • Click Start
  • Wait until phone reboots and make it reboot into Recovery
  • Flash a custom CWM ROM

Screenshots:
gingerbread.png
froyo.png

GingerBread - Froyo

i cant access these files. plz reupload these files. thank you. i need froyo BL.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ezboot.png

This is just a quick way to switch between bootloaders. Most people are downloading ~150MB to upgrade to downgrade there bootloaders. This is a small 7MB for GB & 8MB for froyo download to help you flash just your boot loaders.

An example, you on froyo and want to install a custom CWM gingerbread ROM, you can now just download the gingerbread bootloader and flash it insted of flashing a full ROM.
    Or, if you on gingerbread and wish to flash CM7 you need to downgrade, again insted of flashing a full ROM, just download the froyo bootloader and flash that :)

Downloads:

Instructions:
    Remember this flashes the bootloader, if it fails it means you might be trouble.
    • Download the right version from section above
    • Reboot your phone into Download mode
    • Connect your phone to computer
    • Run EZOdin
    • Select EZboot-Froyo-1.0.tar.md5 or EZboot-GingerBread-1.0.tar.md5as a PDA file in EZOdin
    • Check the "Phone Bootloader Update" checkbox
    • Click Start
    • Wait until phone reboots and make it reboot into Recovery
    • Flash a custom CWM ROM

Screenshots:
    gingerbread.png
    froyo.png

GingerBread - Froyo
    10ks nitr8,You're a magician
    CF kernel with CWM for GB
    SpeedMod kernel with CWM for froyo
    NIT you are a GOD