HTC Amaze Not DEAD! Check out this new AD

Search This thread

blacksapphire08

Oct 17, 2011
Cincinnati
The phone may be going EOL but it's probably their best phone and is still comparable to the new One S. Also those ads are completely one sided, note that they are using an iPhone for Sprint which is only a 3G phone. I used to be on Sprint before switching to T-Mobile and their 4G service was decently quick... if you could get it.

fuego77

Oct 6, 2010
The phone may be going EOL but it's probably their best phone and is still comparable to the new One S. Also those ads are completely one sided, note that they are using an iPhone for Sprint which is only a 3G phone. I used to be on Sprint before switching to T-Mobile and their 4G service was decently quick... if you could get it.

My friend up here has an EVO3D and never switches 4G ON. I asked him why and he said "by the time it even connects or finds 4G signal, the web pages could already have been loaded on 3G"

Don't know how accurate that is but Idk why it would take so long to connect.

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using XDA

wardfan220

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2010
Eldridge, IA
My friend up here has an EVO3D and never switches 4G ON. I asked him why and he said "by the time it even connects or finds 4G signal, the web pages could already have been loaded on 3G"

Don't know how accurate that is but Idk why it would take so long to connect.

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using XDA

That would only be the case if you switch it on to check one page then shut it back off again. It does take about 30 seconds or so to connect to 4g, much like it does to connect to WiFi. Personally that sounds like a dumb excuse to not use 4g. We don't have 4g here but if we did, I'd likely leave it on all the time since my phone is near a charger all day anyways.

ebatr8

Mar 28, 2010
Shame the amaze is end of the line I actually want to go back to it. The galaxy s 2 with ICS is nice, but for me I really enjoyed messing with the amazes camera and thought sense was really cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

stratax

Aug 21, 2010
Missouri (misery)
Shame the amaze is end of the line I actually want to go back to it. The galaxy s 2 with ICS is nice, but for me I really enjoyed messing with the amazes camera and thought sense was really cool.

i think once the price drops more development will pick up. personally i would never pay $400 for this phone, especially not now lol. gsii with ics sounds nice :p

ITALIANNYC

Apr 20, 2012
The Black Amaze is not EOL. Only the white version is. I personally would choose this device over the ONE S anyday.

Last edited:

ebatr8

Mar 28, 2010
i think once the price drops more development will pick up. personally i would never pay $400 for this phone, especially not now lol. gsii with ics sounds nice :p

It is nice even tho its a leak for the at&t skyrocket the awesome devs have got it working pretty perfectly for the T-Mobile s2. Ics just has subtle changes that really polish the way android works and steps performance up real well. I really like sense tho I use to have the sensation then the amaze, ended up selling the amaze but wish I would have kept it n just sold the s2 instead.

stratax

Aug 21, 2010
Missouri (misery)
It is nice even tho its a leak for the at&t skyrocket the awesome devs have got it working pretty perfectly for the T-Mobile s2. Ics just has subtle changes that really polish the way android works and steps performance up real well. I really like sense tho I use to have the sensation then the amaze, ended up selling the amaze but wish I would have kept it n just sold the s2 instead.

Wonder who you sold that amaze to ;) tbh i dislike samsung but i would rather have the gsgii than the amaze for some reason. maybe cause its something new/different

ebatr8

Mar 28, 2010
Wonder who you sold that amaze to ;) tbh i dislike samsung but i would rather have the gsgii than the amaze for some reason. maybe cause its something new/different

So we meet again..... lol its always nice to have something different maybe I am just bored of the sgs2, but if s-off comes through on the amaze here soon then development might pick up and there will be lots of new stuff to play with on the amaze.

stratax

Aug 21, 2010
Missouri (misery)
So we meet again..... lol its always nice to have something different maybe I am just bored of the sgs2, but if s-off comes through on the amaze here soon then development might pick up and there will be lots of new stuff to play with on the amaze.

Yeah true, i dont really care for the lack of development considering im running NRGs rom and its perfect. I just havent had anything besides HTC and one moto device since the samsung behold 2 was out and that was a long time ago lol. Been wanting to try Nokia and maybe a Samsung

freakboy13

Sep 15, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Yeah true, i dont really care for the lack of development considering im running NRGs rom and its perfect. I just havent had anything besides HTC and one moto device since the samsung behold 2 was out and that was a long time ago lol. Been wanting to try Nokia and maybe a Samsung

You not down with padphone no more?
I really want to check that thing out.
A, I like that its not made by samsung or htc and ....well the obvious its made by Asus.... Hopefully it doesn't become the phailphone....
Unless I sell this I'm going to wait for s-off and ics.
Once ics comes to the amaze, its gonna make or break this phone, sorry to say.
Im really hoping ics will relly unleash the beast I know this phone is capable of.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

stratax

Aug 21, 2010
Missouri (misery)
You not down with padphone no more?
I really want to check that thing out.
A, I like that its not made by samsung or htc and ....well the obvious its made by Asus.... Hopefully it doesn't become the phailphone....
Unless I sell this I'm going to wait for s-off and ics.
Once ics comes to the amaze, its gonna make or break this phone, sorry to say.
Im really hoping ics will relly unleash the beast I know this phone is capable of.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

I am very interested in it, Asus is one of my favorite companys :p specially for gaming, i love their ROG series. i have the Asus G74 laptop right now and plan on getting the Asus Tytan.

Note that its never good to get any phone when its just released. i wait a few months for all the problems (if it has any) to be fixed and development to start and prices to drop. while the samsung galaxy ii already been out for quite a while.

according to this site it wont be too much more than the one s: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Asus...mer-Pad-300-Get-Priced-in-Europe-264743.shtml

only $15 more for just the phone. :) i will wait till the price is around $400 on ebay then ill buy it in a heartbeat

edit: look at their website now. they updated the information about it. http://www.asus.com/Mobile/PadFone/ you can get 102 hours of battery from padfone (the phone), the station (tablet), and the station dock (keyboard). they all use the hardware of the padfone (cpu/gpu/ram/camera), but they all have their own battery. also its all one data package (from the phone). this is going to get huge IMO.

the camera should be better than the amaze as well, has the same aperture, but a better lense made my asus.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts