[Theme] Tweaked Frost Remix NexTheme

Search This thread

dashultz

Sep 10, 2010
I'm very new to android dev/hacking and I hope this is acceptable conduct (taking someone else's theme and putting a different spin on it) but I really liked Frost Remix NexTheme but I wanted a different battery notification icon, updated charging icons and thanks to some prodding from ludeboy, I felt the default settings text should be changed so I made my own spin on a theme which I'm posting here for your using pleasure.

Change Log...
10/2/2010
Theme Frost Remix from 9/27/2010 (xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=788294)
Changed secondary text from baby blue to green
Replaced battery icons and updated charging icons from "D" variant of Fightspit's Super Circle Battery mod (Thanks for porting s44 - xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=791886&page=3)

As soon as a figure out how to turn this theme into a rom I will and I'll get that posted but for the time being, here I have attached the framework-res and twframework-res.

To install - copy both files to your system/framework folder and restart your phone.

****This has been tested on my phone and works fine but as always - use at your own risk but let me know if you run into any problems...and always back up your originals :)******

Big Thanks to ludeboy for the request to identify what xmls to change for color mods (I'm fairly up to speed on how the theme engine works), frostman88 for the initial theme and s44 for porting over the battery mod!

Attachments

• TweakedFrostRemix_20101002.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 142
  • snap20101002_123328.jpg
    snap20101002_123328.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 751
  • snap20101002_123352.jpg
    snap20101002_123352.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 657

ballaholyk84

May 15, 2008
Works great bud! Just installed it and love it. Any way you can make the battery indicator, wifi meter, vibrate phone "lines", and the icons from the pull down menu when selected the same green as the text? I have a green type theme going on and would love it all to match. If not its cool since I have my notification bar hidden on home screen anyways but figured I could ask. Thanks for your work.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

dashultz

Sep 10, 2010
Works great bud! Just installed it and love it. Any way you can make the battery indicator, wifi meter, vibrate phone "lines", and the icons from the pull down menu when selected the same green as the text? I have a green type theme going on and would love it all to match. If not its cool since I have my notification bar hidden on home screen anyways but figured I could ask. Thanks for your work.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I'll look into that - I like the green on black and do also currently like the green thing going on. I'm going to do some more tinkering but my creative is lacking from a graphical standpoint so if anyone has great ideas - If I like them I'll look at them and either roll another flavor or build it into what I have here.

Let me know which xml you edited. Looked through the framework and twframework, and the only xml ones I found pointed to white not that blue ****.

Short Answer -
framework-res.apk\res\color-hdpi\zzz_tw_secondary_text_sub.xml
framework-res.apk\res\color\zzz_tw_secondary_text_sub.xml
(I think the first file is the only file that actually had to be modified but the second file was a few steps of color different from the first so I just modified both of them)

Long Answer -
It took me a little time to get familiar with how the themeing (styles, layouts, etc) worked but I think I have a pretty good handle on this. To figure out what controlled the text color I dumped the settings.apk, identified the layouts and styles, traced the styles backwards until I worked my way back into the framework-res.apk and then located that it was pointing to the color file of zzz_tw_secondary_text_sub

I spent about 5 hours digging but now knowing the how the colors, layout and styles work I could most likely have done it in 15 minutes.

frostman89

Ah right, you know I saw it pointed to a specific color, like color1, color2, color3, but I had been up for about 19 hours with 5 hours of sleep and really did not feel like trying to trace it back to whatever else apk.

So overall I had about 30 min to dig through the xmls.

jspidah

Sep 17, 2010
Darn, I'm so peeved right now. In the time it took for you to post this up,

I went and Odin Restored my phone, re-clean deodex + aosp'ed it,

used the Black Mod theme in Metamorph,

and then applied the D Circle Battery,

and backed it up like 5 times. If i'd have seen this sooner, it would have saved me so much time

spotmark

Feb 18, 2010
Massachusetts
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
I copied the battery mod into the System/framework folder, first, and it borked my wallpaper back to the underwater live wallpaper, and then I kept getting FCs when I tried to open Root Explorer again. After I restarted, I was able to get the other file in, using Root Explorer, and I was able to reset my wallpaper. Nothing big, but I thought you might like to know.

dashultz

Sep 10, 2010
I copied the battery mod into the System/framework folder, first, and it borked my wallpaper back to the underwater live wallpaper, and then I kept getting FCs when I tried to open Root Explorer again. After I restarted, I was able to get the other file in, using Root Explorer, and I was able to reset my wallpaper. Nothing big, but I thought you might like to know.

Thanks - I am guessing that could be something to do with root explorer possibly. I do not use root explorer and currently am doing all my pushes using adb. I'll look at root explorer and see if I can explain what happened (guessing maybe a dependency thing but who knows).

frostman89

Thanks - I am guessing that could be something to do with root explorer possibly. I do not use root explorer and currently am doing all my pushes using adb. I'll look at root explorer and see if I can explain what happened (guessing maybe a dependency thing but who knows).

We could work together if you want, I can just toss em in different flashable zips for convenience.