[MOD] Samsungs coloured emojis from the 4.4-leak for S4

Search This thread

Curst

Nov 2, 2011
Redmi K20 Pro
I snagged the NotoColorEmoji.ttf from the leaked firmware since i can't stand Googles mutant emojis. I am using this on my phone running Super Nexus 4.0, but in theory it should work on any 4.4.X-rom.

Just extract the ttf from the zip and drop it in your /system/fonts/-directory with the proper permissions, -rw-r--r--. Reboot and wipe cache just in case.

Backup just in case and once again, the zip is NOT for flashing! Feel free to make a flashable zip from it, i have no idea how to make them.

Enjoy. :)

Attachments

• NotoColorEmoji.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 661
  • Screenshot_2014-01-16-14-28-12.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-16-14-28-12.png
    154.5 KB · Views: 2,022
  • Screenshot_2014-01-16-14-28-03.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-16-14-28-03.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 1,644
  • Screenshot_2014-01-16-14-27-47.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-16-14-27-47.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 1,524
Last edited:

andriodee

Jul 15, 2012
I snagged the NotoColorEmoji.ttf from the leaked firmware since i can't stand Googles mutant emojis. I am using this on my phone running Super Nexus 4.0, but in theory it should work on any 4.4.X-rom.

Just extract the ttf from the zip and drop it in your /system/fonts/-directory with the proper permissions, -rw-r--r--. Reboot and wipe cache just in case.

Backup just in case and once again, the zip is NOT for flashing! Feel free to make a flashable zip from it, i have no idea how to make them.

I, like you, dislike the "mutant" emoji Google has forced upon us, but these emoji are substantially smaller. Do you know how to make them bigger? Preferably the same size as Google's?

P.S. The best way to do this is to just rename Samsung's emoji to AndroidEmoji.ttf, and rename AndroidEmoji.ttf to AndroidEmojiOld.ttf after placing it in the fonts folder in the system directory.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk 4

Curst

Nov 2, 2011
Redmi K20 Pro
I, like you, dislike the "mutant" emoji Google has forced upon us, but these emoji are substantially smaller. Do you know how to make them bigger? Preferably the same size as Google's?

P.S. The best way to do this is to just rename Samsung's emoji to AndroidEmoji.ttf, and rename AndroidEmoji.ttf to AndroidEmojiOld.ttf after placing it in the fonts folder in the system directory.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk 4

Sorry mate, but i have no idea how to make them larger. :-/

aislinnnn

Feb 4, 2014
So, for some reason the emojis posted here are the ones my phone has been displaying ever since it updated a month or so ago. I have an S4 that still has 4.3 on it and I can't find a file anywhere called NotoColorEmoji.ttf so I have no idea where they're coming from.

I've actually been wanting to change them back to the old ones, which I prefer, but can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. I assume because I haven't found the source file yet? Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is it possible to get it working on 4.3?

it could be possible but it needs some editing in font file

Hi do you have a guide for that? I couldn't find one..

With thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The user angelsel managed to port the Apple emojis over at [MOD] Apple Color Emoji system-wide for KitKat, maybe he/she could help you with that?