Modified Device

Search This thread

EFFSTY

Apr 24, 2014
Hello! I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 with Android 4.1.2 (no SD Card). I rooted it about a year ago and "unrooted" it today. However, I have a problem when I try to update the software. It says "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available." I have tried some tricks I such as factory reset, "Wipe cache partition" but they didn't worked.

Is there any way to revert it back to normal?

Sorry for my english. Thank you!

dxppxd

Feb 6, 2012
Use Triangle away and read the tutorial on how to revert to factory. If you have a custom recovery installed or a rooted phone, system status is modified, so no oficial OTA or kies upgrade.

You can always use odin to flash latest firmware and forget about unrooting and stuff like that.

Reactions: EFFSTY

EFFSTY

Apr 24, 2014
Use Triangle away and read the tutorial on how to revert to factory. If you have a custom recovery installed or a rooted phone, system status is modified, so no oficial OTA or kies upgrade.

You can always use odin to flash latest firmware and forget about unrooting and stuff like that.

Root, Triangle Away, Unroot.

Thank you both! :good:

Because of you I was finally able to upgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.3.:laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Root, Triangle Away, Unroot.