Nexus 9 to run Tegra K1

Search This thread

lolpok

Aug 10, 2013
Normally i don't like tegra chips, but i think i am in love with this chip already because it's dual core.

MRobbo80

Apr 9, 2013
South Petherton
When my shield tablet was working right that felt extremely fast, loaded web pages so much faster than my g2, note 3 and games were just a breeze, really excited to see what Google has done with the nexus 9.

hyZar

Oct 26, 2014
For viewing PDF's and searching for words within them (for textbooks and such), is that the CPU or GPU that handles it? I currently have a nexus 7 2013 and its quite slow at seaching words in PDF's much to my disappointment.
Hopefully the N9 is capable of searching things faster and loading them faster.

What does everyone else think?

accordex

Mar 1, 2009
Kent
Pdfs are really slow on my g2 and n7 2013, you have to scroll down to a white page and wait for it to load. Its really annoying. Hope this is improved as well.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app

denglili

Dec 11, 2011
Vancouver
For viewing PDF's and searching for words within them (for textbooks and such), is that the CPU or GPU that handles it? I currently have a nexus 7 2013 and its quite slow at seaching words in PDF's much to my disappointment.

Searching word within PDF should run on CPU. The slowness could be due to re-parsing each page while searching.

N9 could have big improvement over this since parsing text out of PDF is mostly integer operations, and K1 Denver has insane integer performance according to Geekbench scores(24xx vs 7xx for single core integer performance, 3X over Nexus 7 2013!).

Last edited:
Reactions: hyZar

hyZar

Oct 26, 2014
Searching word within PDF should run on CPU. The slowness could be due to re-parsing each page while searching.

N9 could have big improvement over this since parsing text out of PDF is mostly integer operations, and K1 Denver has insane integer performance according to Geekbench scores(24xx vs 7xx for single core integer performance, 3X over Nexus 7 2013!).

Thanks for the response.

Wow that sound's amazing. It's super frustrating in class searching for terms in my textbook and it literally takes forever to load all the pages. If it appears that you're correct, I'll be going Monday morning to pick up a N9.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For all you obsessed with tests and benchmarks.

Hey nerds, enjoy! :p
    This!

I contacted Nvidia Customer support and they agreed that the corner cracks are a legitimate problem. They offered to replace my device now, or in the near future, after corrective action has been implemented. I chose the later.

Instead of returning your device to GameStop, have you considered contacting Nvidia directly, and getting a replacement unit?

Read this okay let's say you have a small spider web crack you send back to nvidia for a replacement and you receive a brand new updated version resale would not be effected! if any thing you can get more money for the tablet because its not second hand etc...
    I have no regrets about getting the Shield Tablet. I'd like the 64-bit one because emulator performance will be improved, however no SD slot effectively means the Shield Tablet will be the best tablet for me for quite some time yet (and I appreciate a lot of other stuff like the controller and stylus too).