Testing the anker 6200mah and Hyperion 6200mah

Search This thread

Pickleweasel

Jan 8, 2013
Received both the anker and Hyperion 6200mah batteries yesterday. I purchased both from Amazon for about 20.00 a piece including shipping. I decided to test both of these before jumping into the 106.00 mugen 6400. I have an otter box defender case that I moved like in the other thread with the mugen battery. I did the initial twelve hour charge on the anker and took it off of charge and put it in the phone at 9am this morning and used wifi and 4G both throughout the day so far and have not been heavily using the phone too intensively, just as I usually do while I'm at work so it will be rating the battery for how I usually will be using it. It is now 3:30pm and I have done a little Web browsing on 4G and have been updating Facebook and testing all day and am currently at 92%. So far so good I guess :) I am running beans build 6 with the perseus kernel with the performance profile from the stweaks guide that's in one of the forums on here. My screen brightness is at about 75%. I will continue to update as I break the battery in. Received the Hyperion night before last and charged it in my phone for twelve hours and I gave it a much harder test yesterday. I had the brightness maxed and had the phone on pretty much all day long from about 10am browsing over wifi, playing a ton of games and texting constantly, made 4 or 5 calls and was trying my hardest to drain that battery and with all of that, I finally got it down to 15% by 1:30am. Looks like I might not spend the extra on the mugen and just switch between these two every few days. Will keep updating as I break them in seeing as how these are just the initial charges and they are supposed to hit full capacity after 4-5 full charge/discharge cycles.

UrbanLagoon

Dec 13, 2012
Hey where's the guide for the stweaks performance guide?

A lot of bloatware removed.
Screen on time after normal charge: 7-8 hours always.

Pickleweasel

Jan 8, 2013
xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2079311

I upped the voltages a step or two from the ones listed to make sure I don't get any crashes. The performance settings are in the second post down. The first is for battery life I guess, I was getting a lot of lag when scrolling screens and in general so I used the performance ones in the second post with slightly higher voltages.

nicko42004200

Dec 17, 2011
shelby township
Post some screen shots of usage and screen on time .

sent from my sch-l605 clean rom, o.c., wireless charging modded, 64 ulta sd, just about do anything phone!!!!

bond32

Jun 26, 2010
Franklin
Post some screen shots of usage and screen on time .

sent from my sch-l605 clean rom, o.c., wireless charging modded, 64 ulta sd, just about do anything phone!!!!

I'll have some up of the hyperion hopefully soon. I'll try to do my normal usage without tethering. I'm really liking it so far. I recommend anyone pick up the tpu case. It's only $10 on Amazon

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

nicko42004200

Dec 17, 2011
shelby township
Looks real to me. Amazon is where I got it. It's definitely real.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359592621221.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359592621221.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 1,530
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359592641053.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359592641053.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 1,549

300winmag

Dec 21, 2012
I'm waiting on my Hyperion to come in. I am going to mod my Otterbox defender so it will fit. Any tips?

Xirix12

Mar 23, 2011
I am planning on ordering one of these. Not the Mugen. I do have three questions for you:

1) Both covers are different right? I like the look of the Anker battery better.
2) Does the phone get hot at all?
3) What do you use to charge the battery before placing on it into the phone. Official Samsung charging system or one from Amazon?

TIA

nicko42004200

Dec 17, 2011
shelby township
I charged mine in the phone. It came in at 59%. No troubles at all . Once hit full. Reset battery stats. And went to town.

sent from my sch-l605 clean rom, o.c. and under volted, wireless charging modded, 64 ulta sd, just about do anything phone!!!!

Reactions: Xirix12

jlczl

Oct 22, 2005
Just got my Anker. Fits great in my Sweet Armor case. Will be testing it the next week or so.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

tantran

Aug 12, 2007
hello

My:laugh::good: battery came in Friday night at 59 percent it lasted 24 hours with everything cut on. I had 2 gmail accounts syncing and Outlook also Facebook which we all know drains battery. I was playing Temple Run 2 with the settings turned up. Flipboard was in frequent use all said I think that this battery is excellent. p.s. it really does take around 12 hours to charge it from 0 that is not a joke.

Pickleweasel

Jan 8, 2013
OK, second charge with the Hyperion with normal use, I have had my phone on for 52hours and am still at 16 percent battery. I'd say 3 days isn't too bad for 20.00. Again this is only the second charge so it may get even better.I can't post screens because I have switched ROMs twice during the three days its been on battery. I'm sticking to this ROM for my next charge cycle so I will actually be able to post accurate screens of usage. I am on the root box ROM now so if you are on beans you would probably get even better battery than I am. Will keep updating.

nicko42004200

Dec 17, 2011
shelby township
Here's my 3rd charge on my anker
Now I have a op in general for this battery with tons of pics throughout its use. It's quite detailed. Please look over in general section for more comparisons. I feel the anker is the best I've tested. I've done the 6500 ebay specials have 3 of those. And one of the 7600 ones and there the same as the 6500 ones.
sent from my sch-l605 clean rom, o.c. and under volted, wireless charging modded, 64 ulta sd, just about do anything phone!!!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359907933780.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359907933780.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,017
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359907949321.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359907949321.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,060

dude18

Feb 23, 2012
Melbourne
I am looking to buy one of the extended batteries, but none of the sellers on Amazon ship to Australia. Anyone knows of any alternatives, short of using a mail forwarder? I am not very fond of buying the Chinese ones on eBay.

hudjw1

May 17, 2012
I was using anker extended battery on my s3 and it was perfect. Unfortunately anker/hyperion batteries for note 2 are not available in Uk. I have tried one unbrand from ebay....but it was completely sh%&% $.

So, anyone know where I can buy one of them from Uk ? :)

Last edited:

kminatta

Apr 28, 2008
Phoenix
Anker battery only comes with the white back cover, correct? i have the gray Note 2, so it would prolly look goofy with a white back...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's my 3rd charge on my anker
    Now I have a op in general for this battery with tons of pics throughout its use. It's quite detailed. Please look over in general section for more comparisons. I feel the anker is the best I've tested. I've done the 6500 ebay specials have 3 of those. And one of the 7600 ones and there the same as the 6500 ones.
    I charged mine in the phone. It came in at 59%. No troubles at all . Once hit full. Reset battery stats. And went to town.

I've had the Hyperion battery for about 3 weeks and I wasnt too impressed with the first 10% dropping off after charging in a span of two hours. I raised serious concern about it and Hyperion refunded my money and told me to keep the battery. I am waiting for my Anker to be shipped to me sometiime this weekend. I hope I have a better experience with that one.

As for the OD mod for the extended battery, I strongly suggest to do it if you have a dremel! I didnt have one and it took a lot of work to cut through the Otterbox case...Whew! Other than that,I love it! :good:
    Oh ya..thats not that great for 6200 mah battery... I got 24hrs on my stock battery with 10hrs screen time.
    I think the battery is stabilizing now. I've been off the charger for almost 5 hours on lte and streaming music and its still at 90%

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app