Dalvik cache - is this something to be cleared out regularly?

Search This thread

Pawprints1986

Mar 26, 2014
I was just wondering if it would be wise to clear this out every so often?

I was just removing a couple of apps that i tried but didnt like, and it got me thinking about how many other things ive tried but didnt like since ive had the phone. Does uninstalling remove all of the apps data/cache/apk,etc? Or should i somehow manually do this thru CWM??

ILIVE4HEAD

Aug 10, 2014
I was just wondering if it would be wise to clear this out every so often?

I was just removing a couple of apps that i tried but didnt like, and it got me thinking about how many other things ive tried but didnt like since ive had the phone. Does uninstalling remove all of the apps data/cache/apk,etc? Or should i somehow manually do this thru CWM??

Clearing dalvik cache isn't going to give you any problems and it won't erase any data you need. The easiest way to do this is to get a file explorer (like es file explorer) and go to /data/dalvik-cache, select all files and delete. Reboot your device immediately though because your phone will be unstable. When your booting you'll get a 'android is upgrading' notification then after that you'll be good to go. This is probably the best way to remove leftover app data that you don't want without digging through hundreds of folders.
P.S. launching apps might be a little slower after this but only for a little bit?.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited: