Restart button?

Search This thread

Fluffbutt

May 4, 2011
Morpeth
Does that actually reboo the tab?

I thought all it did was kill all running apps to 'simulate' a reboot.

It DOES need root access though (and I've not yet seen any point to rooting the A500).

anusthegreat

Sep 15, 2009
Moscow
It DOES need root access though (and I've not yet seen any point to rooting the A500).

Although it's not the subject, I really wanted to note that rooting A500 does worth it for sure. I'm using ADFree, ClockSync, Autokiller, File Expert, NTFS mount, Root uninstaller and a few more root-required applications which add some epic user experience. Just consider unrooting your device back before installing any updates or system modifications. Cheers.

Fluffbutt

May 4, 2011
Morpeth
Although it's not the subject, I really wanted to note that rooting A500 does worth it for sure. I'm using ADFree, ClockSync, Autokiller, File Expert, NTFS mount, Root uninstaller and a few more root-required applications which add some epic user experience. Just consider unrooting your device back before installing any updates or system modifications. Cheers.

Yes, i wasn't trying to bring it up as a subject, just asking if rooting it was worth it for the reboot app.

I can see some people might want root, and the ADFree is probably one good reason. The rest don't interest me at all.

anusthegreat

Sep 15, 2009
Moscow
I used to have a custom Darky's ROM on my previous Samsung Galaxy S, I had an extra power-off menu letting me choose Reboot or Shutdown or even Recovery or Download modes. Obviously, I was using the feature to reboot the device pretty often; I'd like to have a one-button widget rebooting my device properly.
Also, about the apps which don't interest u..
*my tablet is usually about +/-2,5 sec every time I shut it down, not reboot;
*autokiller helps to save memory, at least I can be sure I don't have to start a game level again because of an e-mail or something like this;
*a decent root file explorer letting you see hidden system directories is a must just because any minimal and safe modifications do improve performance