Stock charger with USB extension cable.

Search This thread

Kipper667

Oct 13, 2012
I'm using the stock charger but the cable is a bit short for me. I have two 3' USB extension cables but neither of them allow the tab to charge. The tab lights up as though I plugged the charger in but it doesn't ding nor does it actually charge. That are standard extensions and work with my Kindle & various HTC cell phones but not my TF300T. Anyone know why or could someone suggest a brand/type of USB extension cable that would work? I am also comfortable with buying a new one and rewiring or swapping wires on it if need be or buying wire and 2 ends and soldering it myself.

Since the tab is 15v and USB is 5v I'm guessing they swapped a wire somewhere in the plug to allow for more voltage.

Thoughts?

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'm using the stock charger but the cable is a bit short for me. I have two 3' USB extension cables but neither of them allow the tab to charge. The tab lights up as though I plugged the charger in but it doesn't ding nor does it actually charge. That are standard extensions and work with my Kindle & various HTC cell phones but not my TF300T. Anyone know why or could someone suggest a brand/type of USB extension cable that would work? I am also comfortable with buying a new one and rewiring or swapping wires on it if need be or buying wire and 2 ends and soldering it myself.

Since the tab is 15v and USB is 5v I'm guessing they swapped a wire somewhere in the plug to allow for more voltage.

Thoughts?

You have to use a USB 3.0 extension cable.

Kipper667

Oct 13, 2012
Seriously? That's it? Man, I feel like a dummy. It never would have occurred to me that 3.0 was necessary. Thank you for the help!

I bought my USB 3.0 extension cable from www.caseen.com. They also carry the stock chargers, cables and a couple other items that I was unaware even existed (a 2 port USB hub that plugs into the USB on your TF300T dock WITH an Ethernet port so you can connect DIRECTLY instead of staying wireless!). Fairly decent pricing and fast shipping. :)

Last edited: