HTC Dot View not available from Google Play

Search This thread

Randomjoel

Dec 19, 2013
Windsor, Ont
When I searched through my installed apps on my M8, HTC Dot View was nowhere to be found. Instead, it is listed as Dotmatrix. I wanted to install the HTC Dot View app from the Play Store so that I can get updates as they come available. When I searched for the "HTC Dot View" app in the Play Store, I get "your device isn't compatible with this version". I have a Canadian Rogers HTC M8 that I've unlocked. It is NOT rooted. Can someone shed some light on this issue for me?

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
When I searched through my installed apps on my M8, HTC Dot View was nowhere to be found. Instead, it is listed as Dotmatrix. I wanted to install the HTC Dot View app from the Play Store so that I can get updates as they come available. When I searched for the "HTC Dot View" app in the Play Store, I get "your device isn't compatible with this version". I have a Canadian Rogers HTC M8 that I've unlocked. It is NOT rooted. Can someone shed some light on this issue for me?

Have you tried this method?

Go to the google play store through your browser to this link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.htc.dotmatrix

Then choose install, it should push the app to your device. The last update was May 7th.