battery drain and other questions

Search This thread

AMKiss

Aug 19, 2012
Hello everyone. I have already read many guides and so on. I have unlocked my bootloader, rooted phone, installed custom ROM (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1805450) using ADB. So I have several question for experiencied users.
1. I have boot version 2.00.2002, is it possible to make S-OFF withoot downgrading hboot version?
2. I was charging my phone till 100%. I think that mine battery drains too fast, what do you think? I had only one call which duration was less than 1minute. All time phone was locked and do not used. Battery shows 82% after 5 hours without touching it.. The third screenshot was made 1hour and 20 minutes later and battery shows 76 % only .. During this time i have made these screenshots only. What issues could you suggest? Sorry for Lithuanian language but you should understand it because of icons.
2c040897cf023045748b2850a7cd3e46768.png

ff542d95031752a1c8ac8b97f22acde0302.png

3. Is it worth to return back to stock ROM (OTA) and install official ICS whick will be available tomorrow (maybe) or is it better stay with custom ROM made by Andromadus (link above) or other ROM? Why?
4. How to manage my contacts? Before custom ROM (I had official 2.3.5. version) I had phone contacts linked with facebook contacts. It was very nice because photos were shown and so on. I have used MobileGo for contacts backup. When I have restored to new ROM, I have noticed that contacts doubles! One name from phone memory and other from facebook. How to delete unwanted contacts?

Last edited:

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
You must downgrade

Sounds reasonable
always difficult to gague as don't know all your settings, downloads, syncing etc

Wait for custom

put your contacts in your Google account - simple

Sywepd form my DsereiS

Reactions: AMKiss

AMKiss

Aug 19, 2012
Sounds reasonable
always difficult to gague as don't know all your settings, downloads, syncing etc

Sywepd form my DsereiS
I have installed RetroClock widget, Facebook app, Youtube, Skype and MobileGo and gapps. Thats all. Wifi and mobile network was off. During this night battery have droped till ~30% It means about 50% during the night.. I never had such a problems before.. Maybe I need something additional? Like newer Radio or smth else? My device dies in one day with 3 screenshots and 1minute duration call.. it's not cool :(

AMKiss

Aug 19, 2012
Perhaps trying with SetCPU?
No, I have not changed any system parameters.

P.S. ben_pyett, I have noticed that you have S-OFF and hboot version 2.00.2002. How did you do that? Could you write me a short guide or drop a link? Because I cannot find any solution for that on internet..

maniche04

Aug 20, 2012
Kathmandu
Have had the same problem using Andromadus. 40% drop overnight, without any use. Using 80n as kernel. Curious on if i'm the only one, and if there is any workaround available.

jugg1es

May 29, 2012
I wouldn't bother as this route means you end up with a small cache partition so isn't worth the effort

Sywepd form my DsereiS

Can I ask?
1 how did you xtcclip and still retain hboot 2.00
2 if it's that much of a chore, why not install the enghboot
3, this is probably answered somewhere, but. If you're xtcclip does that mean you could install the ics ruu and still remain s-off without any further steps or re rooting your ds

sent from the thing I stab with my finger when I get two minutes

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
Can I ask?
3, this is probably answered somewhere, but. If you're xtcclip does that mean you could install the ics ruu and still remain s-off without any further steps or re rooting your ds

I used the xtc about one and half years ago, when I was on 98.X hboot. I later upgraded the hboot when the original 2.X leaked boot was first released (leaked).

It's no chore, but also no real advantage, my hboot is ENG

Yes, xtc s off is irreversible. See the link in my signature on xtc word for details on xtc

Sywepd form my DsereiS

Last edited:
Reactions: jugg1es

jugg1es

May 29, 2012
right, that what I'm doing Wednesday, downgrade-xtcclip-upgrade hboot. Cheers, think I can cope with the smaller cache size.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You must downgrade

Sounds reasonable

Wait for custom

put your contacts in your Google account - simple

Sywepd form my DsereiS
    How come? :confused:

Hboot 2 has an additional partition for/system/lib. This is created at the expense of a reduced cache size.

Sent from my Desire S
    Can I ask?

I used the xtc about one and half years ago, when I was on 98.X hboot. I later upgraded the hboot when the original 2.X leaked boot was first released (leaked).

It's no chore, but also no real advantage, my hboot is ENG

Yes, xtc s off is irreversible. See the link in my signature on xtc word for details on xtc

Sywepd form my DsereiS