[RECOVERY](Updated 2-8-14) Official ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.7

Search This thread

joeski27

Feb 24, 2011
Did you reboot after installing CWM? If so, did you remove install.sh, that will restore the stock recovery?

Yes after flashing the recovery I did "fastboot-mac reboot" and it rebooted fine. But like I said after that I wanted to reboot to recovery to see how this recovery worked and that's where I have my problem.

Now what is this install.sh you're talking about? I've never heard of that or had to deal with that when flashing a recovery before (at least not that I remember)??

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
So,

Am I right in thinking...

cd to the adb tools folder where the sdk is saved.

I need to unlock the boot loader via fastboot oem.

Then copy your file to the same directory on my Mac

Then type in the command line you suggested with the correct filename?

After that I will be rooted

Swype'd at pace from my Galaxy S2

Yes that is procedure that should be followed, also I updated the orginal post to reflect the most recent procedure that should be preformed that doesn't require the use of adb but still requires fastboot.

evaradar

Aug 29, 2010
Toronto
I took the stock recovery.img from https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#mantarayjop40c, unpacked it, copied over the recovery binary from cwm touch 6.0.1.6 and resource files into the ramdisk... repacked it, and voila... no more reboots!

I'm sure Koush will eventually figure out what's going on with his automatic build system... my manually made recovery seems to work ok.

Please have at it (and feel free to thank me and report bugs), and if you want a tgz of my "unpacked" recovery I'll upload as well. You can also just unpack my uploaded file and see where the differences are yourself.

I've done recovery mods in the past for the G1, G2, and Gnexus when stuff like this happens when a device first comes out and recoveries have bugs in them.

Just "fastboot flash recovery $file.img" to try it out. I've got it running on my nexus 10 already and it hasn't rebooted (I succesfully installed CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053 )

So Koush's CWM from the CWM website is not final yet for the Nexus 10? Or rather there are bugs?

G

GuestD0912

somehow I ended up with clockworkmod recovery v 6.0.1.7 when I booted into it I can move the curser but i can't select anything, when I hold the power button to reboot it just takes me back there. Help, how do I get out of it? It doesn't show up using fastboot.

I was able to boot into the regular bootloader but holding power and volume up but I can't select anything and am not able to do anything through adb or fastboot. When I hold the power button from there I just go back into clockworkmod where I can't select anything using the power button.

Last edited:

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
So Koush's CWM from the CWM website is not final yet for the Nexus 10? Or rather there are bugs?

The offcial CWM recovery has just been updated to 6.0.1.8 it can be found here and people are reporting it works fine.

somehow I ended up with clockworkmod recovery v 6.0.1.7 when I booted into it I can move the curser but i can't select anything, when I hold the power button to reboot it just takes me back there. Help, how do I get out of it? It doesn't show up using fastboot.

I was able to boot into the regular bootloader but holding power and volume up but I can't select anything and am not able to do anything through adb or fastboot. When I hold the power button from there I just go back into clockworkmod where I can't select anything using the power button.

Try flashing the latest version of CWMR 6.0.1.8 found here

Reactions: evaradar
G

GuestD0912

I was able to reboot using my mac ./adb reboot then in rom manager I updated to 6.0.1.8 rebooted and the same thing happened, the power button did nothing. I bought the touch version and that one works fine.

On a side note I wasn't able to use adb on my PC. It said the drivers were bad and trying to up date them via the ones in SDK didn't work

Last edited:

evaradar

Aug 29, 2010
Toronto
FYI, Koush has now updated to 6.0.1.8, available here:

http://clockworkmod.com/rommanager

And I just flashed it and it seems to be functioning very nicely. :good:

Nice.

The offcial CWM recovery has just been updated to 6.0.1.8 it can be found here and people are reporting it works fine.

Try flashing the latest version of CWMR 6.0.1.8 found here

Yup saw it. Thanks. Will download the updated version.

So I take it no more issue with the flashing CWM and it going back to stock recovery?

Last edited:

xfinrodx

Jul 26, 2010
Spokane
Don't suppose there's a known "dd" accessible device block to "of" this into is there? :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

Gunthermic

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2011
I am hoping someone can answer this.I have CWM 6.0.1.8(Touch) flashed, but when i go to backup it only takes like 20 secs, screen flashes back to main menu.

if i go into the restore option it shows that there is a restore file, however when i go to the SDCard, it shows no backup files in clockwork folder. So..

1. Where is it putting it?
2. Is CWM having issues with accessing the sdcard .

After searching Tablet in /data the backups are being put on /data/media/clockworkmod/backup????

Last edited:

specimen12

Jul 27, 2012
I've just flashed this onto my device. It may be my inexperience, but I wasn't able to sideload over adb. Something came up on adb devices, but instead of a device it said something about permissions. As a workaround I put my zip on the device (complicated by the lack of mass storage) and installed it from recovery.

A couple of times since I've rooted, my WiFi's fallen off. I've had to reboot twice to get it back on again. Has anyone else seen this?

jamesp141

Nov 15, 2012

I am stuck in the same situation, I flashed 6.0.1.8 and now the tab never tries to boot normally it always boots in to Clockwork recovery, anyone know how I can force it to boot normally? I don't really want to have to wipe again :(

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

I am stuck in the same situation, I flashed 6.0.1.8 and now the tab never tries to boot normally it always boots in to Clockwork recovery, anyone know how I can force it to boot normally? I don't really want to have to wipe again :(

Selecting reboot now from CWRM seemed to force it to boot back to normal as opposed to just turning it off and on again

phobium

Nov 6, 2007

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Selecting reboot now from CWRM seemed to force it to boot back to normal as opposed to just turning it off and on again

Can you at least get into fastboot by holding down power, vol up, and vol down?

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

I was able to reboot using my mac ./adb reboot then in rom manager I updated to 6.0.1.8 rebooted and the same thing happened, the power button did nothing. I bought the touch version and that one works fine.

On a side note I wasn't able to use adb on my PC. It said the drivers were bad and trying to up date them via the ones in SDK didn't work

Same happened to me, you need the Universal Android drivers: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1766220

Top Liked Posts