Lg g2 help needed!

Search This thread

fromc2m

Jan 12, 2014
So i traded my gs4 for the lg g2. And i love it but i noticed that my battery life is very inconsistent. Sometimes its amazing, and other times it just drains like crazy without me using it at all. And my gps keeps turning on, i already read about the carrier iq, and i turn it off but that keeps on coming back on. And it still says my gps is on even though its not so on my battery usage android system is number one now wiht like 85%. This just started happening. So i was thinking of rooting to get rid of all these problems, would that solve these issues im having? Also i would like to know if i do root my phone is it possible for me to still keep my current lg skin that originally came with the phone? If rooted can knock on still work? can q slide still work? I love this phone a lot more than my gs4 but these problems are driving me crazy. Any advice and help is greatly appreciated. Also i have no previous experience in rooting. If someone could elaborate why rooting is necessary for this phone or not.

leomd333

Feb 20, 2013
So i traded my gs4 for the lg g2. And i love it but i noticed that my battery life is very inconsistent. Sometimes its amazing, and other times it just drains like crazy without me using it at all. And my gps keeps turning on, i already read about the carrier iq, and i turn it off but that keeps on coming back on. And it still says my gps is on even though its not so on my battery usage android system is number one now wiht like 85%. This just started happening. So i was thinking of rooting to get rid of all these problems, would that solve these issues im having? Also i would like to know if i do root my phone is it possible for me to still keep my current lg skin that originally came with the phone? If rooted can knock on still work? can q slide still work? I love this phone a lot more than my gs4 but these problems are driving me crazy. Any advice and help is greatly appreciated. Also i have no previous experience in rooting. If someone could elaborate why rooting is necessary for this phone or not.

You can root and flash a custom rom based on the stock rom, which will help you keep all of LG's features, or you can flash a rom such as carbon rom and have 4.4.2 kitkat, which has amazing battery life!

Reactions: fromc2m

fromc2m

Jan 12, 2014
You can root and flash a custom rom based on the stock rom, which will help you keep all of LG's features, or you can flash a rom such as carbon rom and have 4.4.2 kitkat, which has amazing battery life!

Are you sure that all the features will work because i saw that if you root then its possible for the knock on to work but not the knock off. I just want to take off this carrier iq and location services thats killing my battery.

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Are you sure that all the features will work because i saw that if you root then its possible for the knock on to work but not the knock off. I just want to take off this carrier iq and location services thats killing my battery.

You can use screen offs to get the same type of knock off with using Alex or nova launcher. That's only needed for aosp based Roms. Also they have a fiction for knock off on status bar on most aosp Roms.

If you stick with stock based Roms. Like madallus and others, knock off works just as it does stock because it uses the lg kernel.

Sent from my LG-vs980 using xda app-developers app

fromc2m

Jan 12, 2014
You can use screen offs to get the same type of knock off with using Alex or nova launcher. That's only needed for aosp based Roms. Also they have a fiction for knock off on status bar on most aosp Roms.

If you stick with stock based Roms. Like madallus and others, knock off works just as it does stock because it uses the lg kernel.

Yea ok i heard about using nova launcher. Where would you get these roms and instructions how to root it? Are the instructions for rooting the same for different roms or is it the same method for any rom? And would that most likely help fix my battery life?

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Yea ok i heard about using nova launcher. Where would you get these roms and instructions how to root it? Are the instructions for rooting the same for different roms or is it the same method for any rom? And would that most likely help fix my battery life?

What is your device model? Rooting is the same per device, but you need to DL the model specific image for recovery

leomd333

Feb 20, 2013

Knock Off works aswell in most kitkat roms, but you have to double tap the status bar, you cant double tap anywhere to screen off.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

mine is the att one . lg-d800

http://theunlockr.com/2013/10/25/root-lg-g2-versions-video/

Knock Off works aswell in most kitkat roms, but you have to double tap the status bar, you cant double tap anywhere to screen off.