"Hidden" settings via Nova

Search This thread

ffejy462

Jan 17, 2013
Ames
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
I haven't seen this posted and thought I would pass it on.

With Nova launcher long press home screen > shortcuts > activities. Scroll through and select what you want and it'll put an icon on your home screen. 271 choices in settings. Many don't do anything. Probably the easiest way to disable cabl.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: nomad4ever

ffejy462

Jan 17, 2013
Ames
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391093169227.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391093169227.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,096

ffejy462

Jan 17, 2013
Ames
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'd imagine it'd work on other third party launchers also, I just happened to use Nova. Some of the settings aren't even applicable to the g2. It appears that lg modified a different device's rom to use on the g2 or they have a master rom and select features and settings to be visible on each device. Who knows...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

BenniG

Sep 20, 2012
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Screen shots by step :

Home :View attachment 2550607

Long press :

View attachment 2550608

Activities :

View attachment 2550609

List (scroll down) :

View attachment 2550612
View attachment 2550613

Select content adaptive.. :

View attachment 2550614

Adds shortcut to home :

View attachment 2550616

Cabl settings:

View attachment 2550617

Other versions of the g2 and launchers will probably be different...

Simething sems to be wrong with my phone..i haven't gibt this shortcut..

ffejy462

Jan 17, 2013
Ames
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Maybe you need to be rooted?

That probably wouldn't hurt.

Off topic: I just don't understand why people aren't rooted... The risk is minor and usually anything that could go wrong is fixable. Some people treat it like they're doing something illegal. Probably just don't want to put themselves in the position of having to ask for help and the possibility of being embarrassed. I'd rather break something just so I can learn something when I have to fix it.

ckyy

May 16, 2013

Off topic: I just don't understand why people aren't rooted... The risk is minor and usually anything that could go wrong is fixable. Some people treat it like they're doing something illegal. Probably just don't want to put themselves in the position of having to ask for help and the possibility of being embarrassed. I'd rather break something just so I can learn something when I have to fix it.

Most people i've talked to about rooting their phone told me that they're scared of voiding their warranty.

Gesendet von meinem LG-D802 mit Tapatalk

zaft1

May 10, 2008

theres more maintenance with a rooted phone
you cant just update the OS for example
rooting is definitely only for the tweakers
with that said, I cant ever imagine owning an unrooted android

ffejy462

Jan 17, 2013
Ames
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Where is this option good for?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D802 met Tapatalk

Cabl tries to adjust screen brightness according to what is currently being displayed. When implemented correctly the user shouldn't notice much. However, some devices (the g2 being one of those) end up having screen flickering. Lg released updates to help with the issue, so your mileage may vary. Personally, I notice the flickering with low screen brightness on white background apps with pictures such as g+.

appileh

Jan 25, 2014
Ah like that, thanks for thr explanation. I had a issue likr that, installed lux dash and it is gone..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D802 met Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I haven't seen this posted and thought I would pass it on.

With Nova launcher long press home screen > shortcuts > activities. Scroll through and select what you want and it'll put an icon on your home screen. 271 choices in settings. Many don't do anything. Probably the easiest way to disable cabl.