[Q] Razr Maxx HD w/ unlocked Bootloader

Search This thread
Just purchased an HD MAXX from Ebay and the seller said it has a permanently unlocked bootloader and a custom ROM flashed. I'm upgrading from a Bionic that I rooted, installed SafeStrap and tried a few custom ROMs in the slots. I'm going to have the phone flashed over to Page Plus and the person doing the flashing told me it has to be on stock. The seller told me that the bootloader is permanently unlocked. The seller also told me how the bootloader was unlocked and I read something similar here that if it were unlocked at a certain point, or before a certain update was pushed out, it would be permanently unlocked,

I just don't want to screw anything up trying to flash it back to stock. It's running the TWRP custom recovery. I've flashed ROM's before, I've rooted phones before but from what I understand having a Razr with an unlocked bootloader is something special and I wouldn't want to screw that up. Thanks

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
Just purchased an HD MAXX from Ebay and the seller said it has a permanently unlocked bootloader and a custom ROM flashed. I'm upgrading from a Bionic that I rooted, installed SafeStrap and tried a few custom ROMs in the slots. I'm going to have the phone flashed over to Page Plus and the person doing the flashing told me it has to be on stock. The seller told me that the bootloader is permanently unlocked. The seller also told me how the bootloader was unlocked and I read something similar here that if it were unlocked at a certain point, or before a certain update was pushed out, it would be permanently unlocked,

I just don't want to screw anything up trying to flash it back to stock. It's running the TWRP custom recovery. I've flashed ROM's before, I've rooted phones before but from what I understand having a Razr with an unlocked bootloader is something special and I wouldn't want to screw that up. Thanks

The seller is correct. May 25 is dday for the ...79 build that locks the boot.
You do not state your build.
Get the latest twrp 2632 for a pocket proof noob recovery but for a successful cm 11 flash you need philz newest & philz 6079 for some flashes that err 7 on the 619 ver.
926 philz only comes in .img. Get recovery tools to load the img from homescreen. Philz is in the orig dev section.
When in doubt backup.
See my 907 stuff for lots similar things/guides that apply to the 926 as well.

Reactions: SkyRocker_58

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011

as long as you have the drivers installed on your pc all you have to do is grab one of the utilities from the dev forum and flash it back to stock. there is also an option in there to put the stock recovery back on. its all plug and click.

Reactions: SkyRocker_58
Thanks guys!

Appreciate the replies and info. My main concern was doing something to possibly "re-lock" the bootloader. From what you're saying I shouldn't have any problems, flash it back to stock, flash it to page plus, flash custom recovery, start trying out ROM's lol

Thanks again!

xlow78

Oct 19, 2012
Once the fuse is blown it cannot be "rearmed". But I've heard that there are couple of those in our RAZR. But I don't think vz or moto are interested in making our phones inoperable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

iBolski

I can attest to the fact that once you unlock the bootloader, it won't get relocked since it's a physical change (blown e-fuse as others have mentioned).

I have flashed back to a previous stock, took the OTA and the bootloader was still unlocked.

However, never say never and when KitKat comes out for this phone, I will not be quick to install it. I will wait and see what everyone says before I accept it. No way I take an OTA that somehow finds a different way to lock the bootloader.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The seller is correct. May 25 is dday for the ...79 build that locks the boot.
    You do not state your build.
    Get the latest twrp 2632 for a pocket proof noob recovery but for a successful cm 11 flash you need philz newest & philz 6079 for some flashes that err 7 on the 619 ver.
    926 philz only comes in .img. Get recovery tools to load the img from homescreen. Philz is in the orig dev section.
    When in doubt backup.
    See my 907 stuff for lots similar things/guides that apply to the 926 as well.

as long as you have the drivers installed on your pc all you have to do is grab one of the utilities from the dev forum and flash it back to stock. there is also an option in there to put the stock recovery back on. its all plug and click.