[Q] Setup wizard issues after upgrading ViperOne ROM

Search This thread
Feb 22, 2014
I have been happily running ViperOne 5.8 for a while.

When trying to upgrade to the 6.0.0, after the updating apps window finished, a very persistent window kept reappearing : setup wizard has stopped working. I pressed OK a few dozen times before giving up on that.

I was able to access the notification bar and the venom tweaks were working too, so I was able to access Task Manager (through a longpress setup in tweaks in 5.8) and kill the process . I noticed that I had lost all my settings; screensaver, folders, downloaded apps were gone, etc. When I went to recovery I saw that the TWRP 2.7 I had was back to 2.6.3.3 and the red HTC warning was back.

Now I'm back to my Nandroided ? Viperone 5.8 no issues.

I haven't seen any reports on this yet. Thoughts or solutions?

Thanks for the great work everyone on this forum.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida

When trying to upgrade to the 6.0.0, after the updating apps window finished, a very persistent window kept reappearing : setup wizard has stopped working. I pressed OK a few dozen times before giving up on that.

I was able to access the notification bar and the venom tweaks were working too, so I was able to access Task Manager (through a longpress setup in tweaks in 5.8) and kill the process . I noticed that I had lost all my settings; screensaver, folders, downloaded apps were gone, etc. When I went to recovery I saw that the TWRP 2.7 I had was back to 2.6.3.3 and the red HTC warning was back.

5.8 to 6.0 is a full version update do a factory reset / wipe before install

Reactions: Surlyinvancouver

speed9044

May 3, 2014
Viper install stuck in boot loop after complete

I have installed the viperone on my htc one m8. however after the install and it reboots. it reboots back to boot loader and I am currently stuck there. Any help would be appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

5.8 to 6.0 is a full version update do a factory reset / wipe before install