[Dec 13 - Alpha2] Project Blackstone for Shift - Windows Mobile 6.1

Search This thread

sniveri

Nov 9, 2006
I don`t have any problems with this ROM, got it liberated and everything works as expected.

But do not try to create voice notes to e-mails it will hang.

Last edited:

Hileotech

Mar 6, 2008
Hi guys, after a PM from joy.d I will try to port the Blackstone OS for all Shift users.

Be careful, I have not a Shift to test the ROM, maybe the first could not boot, today or tomorrow I will release the first test ROM, beta tester needed :D

Download:

Note:

• XIP not fully ported yet, want to know if this first alpha boot or not.

Final Notes:
  • This ROM is free to use but at your own risk, I take no responsiblity for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by this flashing procedure.

Great Job!
I'm just sorry I won't be able to test anything on my shift until wednesday... But I'm eager to see a new rom on my UMPC... it's been soooooooooo long since I lastly flashed that I can't even remember how to do that :cool:
Rep++++++++++

milanvot

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 473

Hileotech

Mar 6, 2008
Ok, ok... I said I wouldn't have flashed my shift until Wednesday. But I couldn't sleep (here where I live is 0.15 AM), so I decided to give your ROM a try.
I succesfully flashed it in few minutes, and noise-from-speaker happened to me, too. Solved it with a soft reset from Vista side, but after a second soft reset (mail account was freezed) again the noise. Other soft reset, and noise disappeared again.
I can't remember which post, but I'm pretty sure that almost every cooked ROM had this problem, that was fixed just by leaving shift for some minutes without plug and without battery. I suggest you to have a look.

I can't help you with a snapshot, but I can write you what is on Settings / About screen:
CE OS 5.2.18125 (Build 20757.1.4.0)
(C) etc etc.
Processor MSM7200-400MHz
Memory 43.30 MB
Expansion slot: Not in use

Thank you for you great job!

martiare

Nov 2, 2006
This rom goes very well, but I do not achieve either that it me works 3g. Does someone know if there is some free radio for this device?

Soween

Nov 21, 2007
Montreal
www.soween.com
Ok, I installed it (like a charm...), I'm sure I wasn't obliged to remove Seven... but that's another story.

I don't understand why the screen is not 800*480... but perhaps a next step...

The home screen (for those who ask and because I can't take a screen) is almost the same as the one in the shift, better definition, one more button on the right side (Navigation), and no buttons at the bottom (Phone, Contacts).

I don't see any more change... in the design I mean.

Soween

Nov 21, 2007
Montreal
www.soween.com
Kakemann, in the "Settings", the Expansion slot is "Not in use". So it seems to be the same than the regular ROMs on the shift for this point.

For the wifi, in the Comm Manger, there is nothing for the wifi.

nicolas.maigne

Jul 9, 2007
Ok, I installed it (like a charm...), I'm sure I wasn't obliged to remove Seven... but that's another story.

I don't understand why the screen is not 800*480... but perhaps a next step...

The home screen (for those who ask and because I can't take a screen) is almost the same as the one in the shift, better definition, one more button on the right side (Navigation), and no buttons at the bottom (Phone, Contacts).

I don't see any more change... in the design I mean.

hello there.

I'm so happy ,the shift communoty is not dead. i'm very busy since september :( i would help a lot but i can't. maybe later. i dont have time to test it as i have all my business file in the snapvue one , plus i took so much time in order to optimize the ram and rom of my shift.

about this rom, thank you very much udk! about the buzzing noise, it should depend of the location of users testing this rom. Because i have seen in a previous post that in the today screen the navigation link is present , i presume you used the canadian snapvue rom, which have a radio non compatible with european devices. if so you should ask to taihugo if he can provide you a rom for european devices.

about the resolution .. this is not a matter of rom, resolution can be change with software ( more popular are realvga and ozvga) but other softaware can set the shift with 800 x 400 res, 1024 x 768 , 1280 x 720...
the problem with the htc shift is to allow WM6 to use the whole surface of the screen . i suppose the only whay to do that is writing a new hard spl and maybe Comnex could do it.

about the touch hd rom... udk may have just ported the kernel , but i do not see how the blackstone os can fit in the tiny, tiny rom space of the htc shift. i suppose the touch hd have 256 or 512 mb of rom , and the shift 64 mb of rom

Any way that's a big step in the shift rom developing . having ported winm 6.1 is great!!!!!

Soween

Nov 21, 2007
Montreal
www.soween.com

about the resolution .. this is not a matter of rom, resolution can be change with software ( more popular are realvga and ozvga) but other softaware can set the shift with 800 x 400 res, 1024 x 768 , 1280 x 720...
the problem with the htc shift is to allow WM6 to use the whole surface of the screen . i suppose the only whay to do that is writing a new hard spl and maybe Comnex could do it.

That was I was referring, yes, using the entire screen. About the resolution I already use soft as realvga.

But this could be really a good thing to improve (I don't know for what purpose, but it looks good... :D)

m69@casema.nl

Oct 4, 2007
Testing!!!

Hi,

I have tested the Rom
The first thing was a big sound, but after a few reboots it was gone.
There is no WIFI, no SD, no sound control, no phone.
The installations runs good.

hope you will find a better rom

udK

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 15, 2007
Switzerland
Today I've succesfully ported the new wm6.1 kernel, SYS ported to 480x800, updated to Internet Explorer Mobile 6, .NET Compact Framework 3.5 and OEM based on 1.30.453.0 WWE.

I will release it in few days.

Have fun.

joy.d

Jan 12, 2005
Bürmoos
Hi Udk :) I see, you´re the king here :)

Your Alpha at first look looks very well :)

Thank you very much, that you help us :))

Joy

Technical Data:

Memory after your alpha ROM:

Storage
Total 28.07 MB
in Use 8.72 MB
Free 19.35 MB

Program
Total 43,05 MB
In use 22.97 MB
Free 20.08 MB

Knows anyone where are *log files stored? Or is there an additional Software Application for Windows Mobile to read out parameters like a "device manager" into Windows XP or Vista?
Maybe some Developer Tools (if exist?) for Hardware Vendors help?

I See that the MSM7200 GPA has an 3D Engine ;-)

http://brew.qualcomm.com/bnry_brew/pdf/brew_2007/Tech-303_Ligon.pdf

there a many threats with developing own GPA 800x480 (WVGA) 3D drivers for the MSM7200:

http://www.htcclassaction.org/

Last edited: