FRF91 OTA?

Search This thread

nivstein

Jun 25, 2010
Anyone knows where the original Eclair > FRF85B update has gone?
This link seems to be broken.

I want to update my ERE27 to FRF91, and as things look now I have to go through FRF85B to do so.

EDIT: If anyone's got a copy of the file, or a mirror, it would be great.
EDIT #2: Never mind, I managed.

Last edited:

sid.marawar

Feb 20, 2010
Hi Rohan.. This is slightly off topic but I could use your help. I am located in Vadodara, Gujarat, India and own a non rooted Nexus One which is still running Eclair 2.1 ERE27. I'm connected to the internet thru wifi but haven't received any OTA updates to Froyo as yet. Do you know of anyone else in India who owns a Nexus One and has received those updates? Either way, All these days I've been following blogs and forums and reading abt people manually installing various versions of Froyo Updates. So could you guide me as to how I can go about manually updating my N1 from ERE27 to the recently released FRF91.

Hi nivstein.. Just saw your post. Can you tell me how you updated your N1 from ERE27 to FRF91?

Last edited:

mistero5

Jan 13, 2010
Sorry I just now received the update via OTA, I click intall new restart the phone and be in recovery, I push on new system reboot but when you restart the phone makes me do the same procedure.
You know what should I do?

panzerschrekk

Oct 8, 2008
Okay, im on ERE27 and got this link from OTA: android.clients.google.com/packages/passion/signed-passion-FRF91-from-FRF50.836691a1.zip

FRF50? oO WTF? And its only 44MB

kyralak

Jul 9, 2009
Anyone knows where the original Eclair > FRF85B update has gone?
This link seems to be broken.

I want to update my ERE27 to FRF91, and as things look now I have to go through FRF85B to do so.

EDIT: If anyone's got a copy of the file, or a mirror, it would be great.
EDIT #2: Never mind, I managed.
Where did you find 85b? I am still on FRF72 and can't find 85b anywhere

carmonth

Jul 2, 2010
Do correct me if I am wrong, the current latest update FRF91 applies for those with Build Model: FRF85.

And FRF85 is the Froyo Update for those who was/were using Eclair aka Android 2.1 Build Model: EPE54B.

I was an owner of EPE54B who recently just hit Froyo after a long restless waiting days(so reluctant to root the phone) as other Build Model already happily running around with their Froyo in Nexus One.

Therefore, if I am not mistaken, ERE27 supposed to be updated to FRF50 and I don't think this FRF91 could be apply for ERE27 directly

Nxslvr24

Jun 15, 2010
Received OTA this morning obviously couldn't apply because of custom recovery. So what do I have to do to apply FRF91 if I'm on FRF83 with custom recovery?

inhuman5000

Feb 20, 2010
Does anyone know why the OTA update was smaller than thedownloaded file to update manually (85) was around 82 MB plus the frf91 that was 900k. The OTA update that took me from ERE27 on my nexus to frf91 was only 44mb.
Did i get the full update?

crzymonkey

Jun 26, 2007
Hey I got the OTA update but when it is trying to install the update i keep getting an error and not able to do it.
rooted n on FRF50
please help

Error MSG:
Finding update package....
opeining update package....
verifying update package...
E: No signature (145 files)
E: verifivation failed
installation aborted.

Last edited:

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
Hey I got the OTA update but when it is trying to install the update i keep getting an error and not able to do it.
rooted n on FRF50
please help

Error MSG:
installation aborted.

Your phone is rooted and presumably has a custom recovery. Install from one of the pre-rooted FRF91 builds in the Nexus One Android Development forum.

Chem E Sam

Oct 4, 2007
Denver
Error MSG:
installation aborted.

Same issue help??

Jan 18, 2007
Hello, where can I find the manual install of this update? I received the OTA on July 3rd, but have had the freezing and locking up of the device ever since, it installed. Prior that I had no issues on my phone using the stock FRF27 build on my Tmobile version.

Other's have reported the same issues on the Google forums regarding their phone ever since FRF91 hit their phone via OTA.

Most of the manual installs, I see only mention going from FRF85 to FRF91, but nothing mentioning coming straight from FRF27 and going to FRF91.