[APP][2.0+] Statusbar enabler in full screen app - Smart Statusbar

Search This thread

AeroEchelon

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
www.twitter.com
Thanks for this mod! Seriously Google should have implemented this in their OS already. I'm surely they figured that people might want to check their notifications when they are in fullscreen.

5 stars! Great app.

quitlee

Oct 17, 2010
St. Louis
Galaxy S i9000

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it working!!!
I'm on a Galaxy S i9000, AOKP ICS Rom build 31.
Any suggestions?

dheeraj (dhlalit11)

Sep 30, 2011
fatehabad (hry)
Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it working!!!
I'm on a Galaxy S i9000, AOKP ICS Rom build 31.
Any suggestions?
+1

I have also tried it on my captivate running slim ics rom and I am unable to get it to work

I have tried it on my father's galaxy note(gingerbread) and it was working great very smooth maybe it a problem in ics rom

please some one make sure if it is working in ics rom or not

Zorigo

Feb 24, 2012
London
Don't know how much you've optimized the app, but sometimes it consumes 12MB of ram. I'm not sure, but this seems a little much for a simple application that's persistent throughout the OS.
If it isn't i'd be happy to hear why, just think perhaps it could be optimized further?

ingenious247

Oct 15, 2011
Cool idea.

Won't use it though, sorry. Read sensitive log files is a deal breaker for me.

Remove that permission and I will gladly pay for the app.

XlAfbk

Aug 11, 2010
I managed to trigger it like 2 out of 30 tries. The area is still too tiny. Why not just make it a user-configurable option?

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
tried the attachment but it is also not working it is just like before nothing happened

Hi,
If you know how to use adb, can you do a quick logcat for me and send the log to kiumiu.ca@gmail.com for debug?

Step:
(1) When Smart statusbar is started, do
adb logcat -s statusbar

(2) Then try open a full screen app and then exit the app after 5 second.
(3) Do step two with couple apps.
(4) Then finish the log collecting.

Thanks

Last edited:

dheeraj (dhlalit11)

Sep 30, 2011
fatehabad (hry)
Hi,
If you know how to use adb, can you do a quick logcat for me and send the log to kiumiu.ca@gmail.com for debug?

Step:
(1) When Smart statusbar is started, do
adb logcat -s statusbar

(2) Then try open a full screen app and then exit the app after 5 second.
(3) Do step two with couple apps.
(4) Then finish the log collecting.

Thanks

sorry for giving you wrong info when you give the last test version I tried it in tutorial and it was not working but today when you asked the logcat for that I did start the app and then run the command in terminal open a landscape game tried to pull statusbar and it did work I was able to see the status bar and also got a vibration then I open a portrait full screen app and it was also working there thanks for that great test version but you need to correct that tutorial bug

edit:- currently it is also working in tutorial but success rate in portrait is 70% and in landscape is 90%but hey great work

Last edited:

XlAfbk

Aug 11, 2010
It's not finger placement. My phone doesn't recognize touches in the first few px and with dpi changed the trigger area becomes so small it's impossible to hit as it's below that threshold. The update increased the area i can actually trigger it to 1!!!! pixel.
So just because it works for you please don't since it works for everyone ;-)

Really looking forward to the update :)

Tapatalked

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app is developed by the same Dev who makes the popular Android Apps Button Savior, Smart Taskbar, and Everywhere Clipboard.

Smart Statusbar is the first and only statusbar enabler for full screen apps on android devices. No more lose track of time or important info on statusbar when you are reading, playing, or watching movie.

To enable statusbar, just do a simple top down swipe from top of screen. By default, statusbar will shows 5 seconds. You can also adjust the timeout to your preference in settings.

Please note. This app doesn't work on Honeycomb and ICS based Tablets. They are very different from phone version of Android. So no statusbar hidden problem on those tablets. So do not download if you want to use it on ICS or HC tablets.

NO ROOT REQUIRED!

FEATURES
    ☆ Reveal statusbar in full screen apps
    ☆ Gesture activation
    ☆ Works on 2.0 and up
    ☆ Adjustable statusbar enabling duration
    ☆ Vibration hint

Video Review
    By XDA member: J-Roc

DOWNLOAD
    (1) You can download directly from Google Playstore. [here]
    (2) Or download the attachment in this thread below.

SCREENS
    In reply the request from IvanNCase and Prockkaii. I indeed had plan to add this feature but i am still trying. It is not easy. So maybe will never make it at all. But I will try my best to introduce this feature.
    i have used in on DPI 190, 200 and 210. Have not gone done to 160 or anything like hta.

I will also fix density mod problem in next version too.
    i installed the market version start the app did a logcat tried to access the statusbar but still no avail

link to logcat:- http://db.tt/h8jbFpJ8 (not sure if this is only the logcat of statusbar
    I went through previous posts regarding feature requests today. Generally, there are 4 items that were actually part of my plan during development. But unfortunately they are impossible to do for now due to limitation in API.

(1) Swipe up to close statusbar - It is not possible because there is no API to monitor statusbar visibility. I am more than happy to add this one if future OS has API to do it.

(2) Ability to force statusbar invisible - Again. It is API limitation. I wanted to do it more than anyone else.

(3) Home screen lag on GNex - It is graphics driver issue in ICS. The problem is gone if upgrade to 4.1 or 4.2

(4) Can't pull down statusbar detail in some Apps - Some apps uses different way to draw oepnGL surface which prevents statusbar from fully extended. I am not sure why too. I spent some time to study this before but due to my limited knowledge in openGL programming, so I don't have a good solution yet.