[App]Google Wallet Installer

Search This thread

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
Just a quick note that the Wallet Installer will soft-brick your phone if you are using the latest CM10.1 official nightly (02/13), I tried it four times and it soft-bricked the phone every single time. Let me be more specific, the program will install the wallet, but once you try to restore the build.pro that's when the soft-brick will happen. It could be that I am doing something wrong, but it worked flawlessly in previous nightlies. The CM team probably changed something that is causing this. I will continue to try to install it in the next CM updates.

Don't use the app to restore your build.prop, it makes a backup that you will see. Delete the current build.prop after you set up a debit or credit card then rename the build.prop.bak to build.prop and ensure that the permission is rw-r-r or verify that Is what it was before you run the installer. Reboot the phone go into recovery and wipe cache and dalvick and you should boot up, if it soft bricks again I don't know what to tell you

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Soft bricked my phone currently running JB Official

Have never soft bricked on any jb version rom and I been using this app since version 1 and I have used it on wicked v4 and up and currently on 7, Darthstalker, Frosty v11 and up, never had a issue

dyl421421

Dec 27, 2012
Okay, so I have a Verizon SCH-I535 roooted with stock rom on jelly bean. (4.1. Just to make sure I don't brick the secure element, what would I go about doing to get google wallet installed? I have CWM installed, version 6.0.2.3. I'm also thinking about switching out of stock to go to AOKP in like a month or two. I'm pretty new to android but pretty tech-savvy. Please give a detailed guide, as I really would love to get this running.

Last edited:

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Okay, so I have a Verizon SCH-I535 roooted with stock rom on jelly bean. (4.1. Just to make sure I don't brick the secure element, what would I go about doing to get google wallet installed? I have CWM installed, version 6.0.2.3. I'm also thinking about switching out of stock to go to AOKP in like a month or two. I'm pretty new to android but pretty tech-savvy. Please give a detailed guide, as I really would love to get this running.

Wallet Installer should do everything for you. Just be sure to read the main post. The download link is there as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

GinoAMelone

Jun 6, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Been a very happy user of this tool for a while. I, however, have a question/request. I run the CM10.1 nightlies and I've found it convenient to use CyanDelta to keep up-to-date. In the past, I've just given CyanDelta a copy of the wallet.zip and let it re-flash that every time it updates my ROM. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find that file when I re-used Wallet Installer tonight. I was running sans wallet since the last wallet update because it insisted on updating and puking on me (with restored boot.prop).

It has worked fine to just re-flash the wallet.zip after a dirty-flash of the newest nightly in the past.

So, can you point me to where I can find the wallet.zip this app is using?

Thanks,
Gino A...

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Been a very happy user of this tool for a while. I, however, have a question/request. I run the CM10.1 nightlies and I've found it convenient to use CyanDelta to keep up-to-date. In the past, I've just given CyanDelta a copy of the wallet.zip and let it re-flash that every time it updates my ROM. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find that file when I re-used Wallet Installer tonight. I was running sans wallet since the last wallet update because it insisted on updating and puking on me (with restored boot.prop).

It has worked fine to just re-flash the wallet.zip after a dirty-flash of the newest nightly in the past.

So, can you point me to where I can find the wallet.zip this app is using?

Thanks,
Gino A...

Glad you've had success before with Wallet Installer. Unfortunately, Wallet Installer does download a zip, but it is no longer flashable. The app breaks down the files I put in the zip and then puts them in place with the correct permissions and etc. The zip still has a update-script from the first version of WI in it, but it won't work, since the zip is now just used as an easy download solution.

GinoAMelone

Jun 6, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Glad you've had success before with Wallet Installer. Unfortunately, Wallet Installer does download a zip, but it is no longer flashable. The app breaks down the files I put in the zip and then puts them in place with the correct permissions and etc. The zip still has a update-script from the first version of WI in it, but it won't work, since the zip is now just used as an easy download solution.

Sounds fair. Would you consider a reinstall option that only installs the files without the build.prop changes, then?

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Sounds fair. Would you consider a reinstall option that only installs the files without the build.prop changes, then?

I would have no problem doing that! Unfortunately, however, it probably won't happen for a while, since there isn't a need to update to V4 yet. When V4 is released, which will be whenever the installation method of Wallet needs to be changed, I'll add the option : )

aznvi3tric3guy

Apr 25, 2012
Anyone experience the pain when resetting Google wallet it stuck at 97% or 96% ? If you kill Google wallet. Then every time you open it it proceed to reset again but get stuck again?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Anyone experience the pain when resetting Google wallet it stuck at 97% or 96% ? If you kill Google wallet. Then every time you open it it proceed to reset again but get stuck again?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

I know that sometimes it gets "stuck" before reaching 100%. Generally, Wallet is reset when that happens, but I don't know about it popping back up every time. I haven't heard of that.

dave2metz

Oct 10, 2010
Clearwater, Florida
I really want to install and try Google Wallet, but I'm a bit hesitant. I'm concerned with restoring my build prop after I have installed GW and put in my debit card information. The restoring part is what I'm afraid of doing. I might have to continue reading posts and gain some more knowledge before I take the plunge.

jaliscojorge

Nov 18, 2008
I really want to install and try Google Wallet, but I'm a bit hesitant. I'm concerned with restoring my build prop after I have installed GW and put in my debit card information. The restoring part is what I'm afraid of doing. I might have to continue reading posts and gain some more knowledge before I take the plunge.

I guess it depends on the rom your on for prop restore to be a problem. No problems on darthstalker X. If anything you can restore it manually with root explorer. But definitely read to feel comfortable with what your doing.

From sgs3 quickness :)

GinoAMelone

Jun 6, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
I would have no problem doing that! Unfortunately, however, it probably won't happen for a while, since there isn't a need to update to V4 yet. When V4 is released, which will be whenever the installation method of Wallet needs to be changed, I'll add the option : )

Would you mind sharing the zip you are using in the meantime. I should be able to fix the installer script.

seanvree

Jan 7, 2009
Seattle
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Great app.

Is there a problem with keeping the build.prop settings on the Yakju? I installed the Google installer and it installed the Google Wallet just great, but I reverted my build.prop settings back to Dt2mo after and now Google Wallet hangs on "setting up wallet"?

Recommendations?

ronin4740

Oct 22, 2007
Mine soft bricks each time. I see success stories for folks using the Stock ROM - rooted. I'm using the latest Root66 UVDLJA release on a TMo SGS 3. I'm selecting JB TW and TMo in the app before selecting install wallet.

Am I doing something wrong or does this app not work in Stock + root UVDLJA and I just missed that warning somewhere?

TIA

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Great app.

Is there a problem with keeping the build.prop settings on the Yakju? I installed the Google installer and it installed the Google Wallet just great, but I reverted my build.prop settings back to Dt2mo after and now Google Wallet hangs on "setting up wallet"?

Recommendations?

You need to setup wallet before reverting.

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Mine soft bricks each time. I see success stories for folks using the Stock ROM - rooted. I'm using the latest Root66 UVDLJA release on a TMo SGS 3. I'm selecting JB TW and TMo in the app before selecting install wallet.

Am I doing something wrong or does this app not work in Stock + root UVDLJA and I just missed that warning somewhere?

TIA

Is busybox installed?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Wallet Installer for Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3.

Requires ROOT, an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, and BUSYBOX!(A deodexed ROM is just recommended)

My newest project, RemoteFlash, was just released! Take a look and give it a try!

Wallet Installer Is Now Available For Free To All Supported Carrier Models On XDA! (Donations Appreciated)

My application, "Wallet Installer", will install Google Wallet on almost any US based Samsung Galaxy S3. It simply edits your build.prop and then places the correct modifications into your system. It downloads all the files from my personal server, which is pretty quick. Just select the appropriate Rom type: AOSP, JB Touchwiz, or ICS TouchWiz, and then your carrier: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or US Cellular. I also added a restore option for your build.prop, so you can restore it after you setup Google Wallet. Hopefully this helps you out and makes the process easier!

Wallet Installer has been updated on the server side. The credit goes to Paul Obrien for the new version! To install it, simply reset Google Wallet, delete it, and then rerun Wallet Installer! Make sure to also have BusyBox installed/updated!

Please donate if my work helps you : )

V3: No Recovery/More Stable

Original Thread: Here

And as always: I take no responsibility for bricked devices, whether a soft brick or a full on brand new coffee coaster.​
    As a thought, maybe I should make it open source and allow people to contribute to other devices.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Will this be updated to the new version of wallet released today?

Eventually.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    you guys seriously need to learn how to read through threads. after about 10 minutes of reading the first few posts i found out why my phone soft bricked and how to fix it without asking. chances are that if you encountered a problem, 10 people already posted about how to rectify it in the first few pages. the lesson? READ
    Wallet Installer was pulled from the market by Google tonight, so it will be made available to all supported carrier models tonight for free on XDA. I can't say that I didn't see this coming.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium