Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

ghislain777

Jan 29, 2014
Toulouse
Is it possible that a crypted phone (galaxy S3 LTE) rooted and with PhilZ 6.0.4.5 blocks the automatic installations of CyanogenMod updates?
I checked here the FAQ but whatever I set in "advanced", I still can automatically install the updates downloaded... So I have to connect my phone on a computer (maybe there is another way, but i'm newbee in smartphones, Android and CM), to copy the zip and paste it on my external SD card, then reboot in recovery mode and install manually...
Pity to have to do manually something that should be done automatically...:(

danishiqbal

Feb 3, 2014
MTK Droid Tools Fake Hardware

I have one bricked (stuck on recovery Mode) Lenovo Ideatab A1000L_F and one perfectly running same tab. i want to create rom backup from perfectly running one to flash it on bricked one using SPFT, but when i connect the working tab with MTK Droid Tools, it says MTK 8317 Hardware is FAKE!!!
Plz help me how can i take backup of rom to flash it on bricked tab....

pratiksonihbk

Jan 4, 2014
hey guysss and senior members...plssss help me wid ths....

pls can someone tell me where is the pxa v23 mod(soundmod) download link ? i've searched all over the threads....i feel its named as puresonico v8 but want to be confirm.......pls tell me...

hey guyss pls help me......:(can someone give me link for purexaudio v23????????............is it pure sonico v8....plsss tel me....:(

cowboyenvy

Sep 22, 2011
Denver
After rooting I was using Rom Toolbox Pro, and during a system edit, the phone died... it was plugged into a charger, but the damn charger is kinda messed up, so I got to hold it JUST right, well it died, and after that it wouldnt boot. So I tried flashing back the rom I used before to flash the root, and used the recovery that came with it, but nothing works. I cant use the home button because its inactive until the phone boots up. I tried flashing a rom that used the same recovery options as mine, but it still will not work. I even tried every different way mentioned above. Could someone google search the Cricket Samsung Discover SCH-R740C, and see if they can find the perfect files I should use? I seriously tried everything but adding triangle away the zip. I will try this now and post back. Any help finding the perfect files for Odin for this phone would be appreciated. I looked all over, and found tons of people who have phones in the same state, looking for files to use to repair them. Thanks in advance, and I will get back to you on that. Btw how do I use the script? I cant get fastboot, adb, or anything like that working, nor can I boot to recovery, nor can I do anything like it to get this stupid thing back into recovery.

P.S. Android Flasher does NOT recognize my phone. I have the right drivers, but still not working.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2617484

This is the current ongoing dev thread for the SCH-R740C have some odin files available, working towards the rest.

methuselah

Aug 25, 2011
Asking question from another i started. please pardon me if this is against the rules

i have a very severe problem on my mother's phone. i started in the general threat but since yesterday i didn't got a reply so asking this here.
i am pasting the link of the question from there to here in case anybody can help please help..either reply here or there in the question threat. i tried my best to solve the problem but unable to solve it.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49982750&nocache=1 :confused:

drewfs7270

Feb 19, 2011
I hope I can post this here: I haven't reached status where I can post on dev threads. I have a skyrocket that I've been using hellkat Rom on and I notice that people are having trouble with bootloops after flashing. I have been using philz cwm recovery 6.10.3, and dirty flashing new versions, then wiping cache, and dalvic. I've had no problems. I use the gapps specified in the op. You don't have to reflash gapps if you dirty flash. Hope this makes sense and helps someone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Reactions: anonymou$

makisg4

Feb 3, 2014
envizen 9" tablet

hello everyone! almost 3 weeks ago i bought this tablet: Envizen-Digital V917g (i can't yet post outside link.. sorry!!).
I see that i cant move apps to my sd card (using the appmgrIII application) so i suppose i will have to root it. Right? is there an other way i an do this?

Seether.

Sep 18, 2013
question about elementalx kernel

Hy guys. I wanted to ask if I flash the elementalx kernel on a MaximusHd 4.4.2 rom how can i return eventually to the kernel of the rom? Just by reflashing the MaximusHd rom? Thanks

epicboy

Nov 21, 2013
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone is working on a ps3 downgrader for the latest firmwares? I remember someone did a downgrader a while ago but I don't think it will work on 4.53 firmware.

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
I followed the Method 1A, still not working. Followed Method 1B, says that the installation is aborted when trying to apply update.zip using the Stock Recovery, going to try Method 2, but I do not know how to flash a kernel.

As you are using a device with bootloader mode, it should be done with ADB / fastboot. It usually works fine, I definitely prefer it to flashing with Odin in the download mode (like Samsung devices have to be flashed).

Maybe it can be done with Heimdall in Linux. Are you PC or Linux user?

tjsdroid

Jul 11, 2013
Reference for ROM Functionality

I use a HTC Droid Incredible 2. Love it.

I have been using ROMs by ChillyBean for a long time ... Great thanks and respect. Looking forward to the finished product of KK Beanstalk.

Question ... I have a hard time knowing which functionality is available for a ROM on my device. Is there any kind of bug tracker? Getting the right mix of functionality can be difficult. Often one of the following are missing:

Voice mail alerts
Camera
Media player
Tethering

Not complaining ... love the work and would like to know more about how to help. Every now and then you need to know which ROM will do the job and don't have time to try out a few.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts