Galaxy S2 GT-I9200 firmware GINGERBREAD?! (Download LINK)

Search This thread

titooo7

Sep 29, 2010
London
Why should we donate to Quattro formaggi to get the download links if usually samfirmware give it for free?

If I'm not wrong all the leaked firmwares are coming from samsung employees = leaked firmwares are coming from employees that are not following the policies of the companies theay are working for. That's not fair from samsung point of view, but it can't be understable and its welcome from our point of view (users).

But what its really not nice is to get donations because the leaks you are doing about the company you are working for... That's just my honest opinion.

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
So quick question this is the Samsung Galaxy S2 build and NOT the Samsung Nexus S?

ale0crysis

Apr 12, 2009
Ibiza
www.sensation.com
Why should we donate to Quattro formaggi to get the download links if usually samfirmware give it for free?

If I'm not wrong all the leaked firmwares are coming from samsung employees = leaked firmwares are coming from employees that are not following the policies of the companies theay are working for. That's not fair from samsung point of view, but it can't be understable and its welcome from our point of view (users).

But what its really not nice is to get donations because the leaks you are doing about the company you are working for... That's just my honest opinion.

Wait, Quattroformaggi is inside SamFirmware so you read this later :D

[Ramad]

Sep 18, 2010

Firmware leaks is needed for companies to check firmwares bugs on a broader user tier before releasing to public. Compare testing a firmware on 5-10 or maybe 20 devices to hundreds -if not more- end-user-devices with thousands of applications installed. Granted that the device is not covered by a warranty when beta firmware is installed -if detected-, so this is a good business.

dan@msx

Nov 16, 2010
as far as the companies are concerned if were daft enough to do there testin in the real world and void the warranty then more fool us!

G

GuestX0057

as far as the companies are concerned if were daft enough to do there testin in the real world and void the warranty then more fool us!

On another note, personally I actually prefer this way of testing firmwares, theres a bigger chance of getting things fixed and I'd rather take the chance of bricking my device or voiding the warranty by flashing new firmwares instead of settling with a crappy firmware just because it works on 10 devices the company devs have operated with..

The first version my SGS had when I opened the box was just horrible and if not for the leaked firmwares + modders here at xda or modaco I would've returned my so called smartphone after the first two weeks

We take the risk but we also reap the benefits, it's win win for both customers and the company

emuneee

Mar 20, 2008
Raleigh, NC
www.emuneee.com
Not to derail the thread, but leak testing is not as good as it seems. It does a good job of finding bugs that are very apparent and on a large scale. Which brings me to my next point, there are massive issues with lag and GPS performance that appear on a large scale. Samsung has yet to fix this, so I very much doubt they are leaking ROMs to find bugs...lol. It only works if the company is willing to improve quality based on its findings.

For the bugs only a few have, its almost pointless because at that point you need debug logs, you need environment data, etc.

When I worked at (Japanese-Swedish Joint Venture) as a DV engineer all the employees used cell phones with debug firmware. So if we experienced a crash the phone automatically sent the logs, environment data, etc. back to some QA servers. I think this is a better than leaking software to a massive amount of people.

[Ramad]

Sep 18, 2010
@emuneee

I agree regrading debugging logs etc., but I think that the problem with GPS is overrated, it's easy to confirm by using Navigon instead of Google Maps.

sauron0101

Aug 29, 2010
Ontario
So those rumours about the Galaxy S sucessor - are they actually true then?

Or is this someone's idea of a practical joke to see how gullible we all are?

FPRobber

May 25, 2010
Graz, Austria
I haven't been able to get ubiattach to work right, keeps throwing an error 22. Needed to create the nandsim bigger than the sites mentioned. Here's the command to create a bigger one..

modprobe nandsim first_id_byte=0x20 second_id_byte=0xac third_id_byte=0x00 fourth_id_byte=0x15
I tried the 1GB code from www linux-mtd infradead.org/faq/nand.html (can't post links :mad:). But when I run cat /proc/mtd it only displays a size of 40MB. This isn't supposed to happen, right?

Last edited:

heymanator

Sep 18, 2010
I wonder if 19020 was the original Nexus S than when they had hardware issue switched it to this 19200. Hmmmm.............

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Model: GT-I9200 | Code: XXX | Version: I9200XXJP2/I9200XXJP1/I9200XXJP1 | Date: 18.11.2010 22:40 | Size: 272,89 MB | ID: 3489397051
    To get past error 22, you have to do a ubiformat -s 512.

It got me all the way to mount and then my ubuntu 10.04 live cd could not do ubifs. Will have to try again at home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App
    ubiformat - formats empty flash, erases flash and preserves erase counters, flashes UBI images to MTD devices

Seems like you are erasing the whole image.