Note2 to G2 Battery Life & Camera

Search This thread

MoneyFist

Jun 15, 2008
London
Has anyone upgraded from a Note2 to a G2?
I'd just like to know what your thoughts are?

I bought the G2 with hopes that it would replace my Note2 because I'd really rather have the smaller form factor. But I still find myself using the Note2 as a daily driver.
I was expecting (after reading many reviews)
1) Superior camera
2) Similar or better battery life

Instead I tend to find that my Note2's battery outlasts the G2 battery wise on my usual daily use.
I also did a video playback test were both phones played a 50min video with MX player on airplane mode. The Note2 finished with 5% more battery than the G2. *will post exact result later*

Also a few days ago I made some side by side 8MP camera shot comparisons and found that the G2 is only marginally better on day shots. Really poor at anything in medium to low light. Because London is so gloomy I find the Note 2 was the all round better choice.

I'm really not trying to bash the G2, because I really want it to like it. Afterall I spent £370 on it.
I just don't like that my Note2 which I bought 2nd hand in early 2013 with its original stock battery is outlasting a 2 week old G2.

Sorry I dont have my findings at hand now... will post them when I get home.

Last edited:

ch0c0lateb0yctg

Dec 10, 2011
Dhaka
Has anyone upgraded from a Note2 to a G2?
I'd just like to know what your thoughts are?

I bought the G2 with hopes that it would replace my Note2 because I'd really rather have the smaller form factor. But I still find myself using the Note2 as a daily driver.
I was expecting (after reading many reviews)
1) Superior camera
2) Similar or better battery life

Instead I tend to find that my Note2's battery outlasts the G2 battery wise on my usual daily use.
I also did a video playback test were both phones played a 50min video with MX player on airplane mode. The Note2 finished with 5% more battery than the G2. *will post exact result later*

Also a few days ago I made some side by side 8MP camera shot comparisons and found that the G2 is only marginally better on day shots. Really poor at anything in medium to low light. Because London is so gloomy I find the Note 2 was the all round better choice.

I'm really not trying to bash the G2, because I really want it to like it. Afterall I spent £370 on it.
I just don't like that my Note2 which I bought 2nd hand in early 2013 with its original stock battery is outlasting a 2 week old G2.

Sorry I dont have my findings at hand now... will post them when I get home.

lol i never thought i will never find sumone with the similar case... yup i m disappointd too by the camera and battery of LG G2...low light picz ar horrible....i get 5-6hour screen time with note 2 where my g2 struggles to get 4hour...lg g2 has slight advantage ovet note 2 in day light but if i have to pick one betwn them i will pick note 2 considering overall perfrmnc,,,,i m still in 4.2.2 lets hope Lg brings us sum magic with 4.4.2