From 4.0.3 to Kitkat

Search This thread

Loek3000

Jun 10, 2014
Hello, i'm from the Netherlands,

I've tried this several times and it didn't work...

What am i supose to do to prepair mine S2 to flash to Kittkat. If i try to flash a custom rom to install (Muiu) the phone starts up but immidiatly turns black and i have to eject the battery to be able to start the S2 again.

I've done the wipe things.

Can someone give me instruction how to install the new Kittkat with (if it's possible) download links

thank you :):cyclops:

Vivek_Neel

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Dec 23, 2012
Chennai
Hello, i'm from the Netherlands,

I've tried this several times and it didn't work...

What am i supose to do to prepair mine S2 to flash to Kittkat. If i try to flash a custom rom to install (Muiu) the phone starts up but immidiatly turns black and i have to eject the battery to be able to start the S2 again.

I've done the wipe things.

Can someone give me instruction how to install the new Kittkat with (if it's possible) download links

thank you :):cyclops:

U need to download kk comptiable recovery.. (Search for it)
Flash it
Don't reboot
Reboot to recovery
Full wipe
Flash kk ROM
Flash gapps
Reboot

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Loek3000

Jun 10, 2014
Flash it --> (with what, odin?)
Don't reboot
Reboot to recovery
Full wipe --> only wipe the usual or also format and stuff?
Flash kk ROM --> still under Odin? and whitch version for the S2
Flash gapps
Reboot

can u give me a download link to every rom and gapps stuff?

thank you :)

Last edited:

Loek3000

Jun 10, 2014
Flash it
Don't reboot
Reboot to recovery
Full wipe
Flash kk ROM
Flash gapps
Reboot

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Um, can you search for this stuff that's easily found ? You've been told pretty much exactly what to do, I think you can manage this small part of it yourself.

if i could, i wouldn't ask...

just want to know if the flasing happens with Odin or within recovery, it isn't very easy found, because several manuals lead to different results...

Loek3000

Jun 10, 2014
if i could, i wouldn't ask...

just want to know if the flasing happens with Odin or within recovery, it isn't very easy found, because several manuals lead to different results...

let me ask it diffently:

I've got : CWM-KitKatCompatible-i9100.tar
and to flash: miui_i9100_4.6.6_66a745e760_4.1.zip

everything ok?

banjara

Mar 31, 2014
Bangalore
let me ask it diffently:

everything ok?

If you try to flash the CWM alone via odin, you will not be able to boot. Get a kernel which is in tar format and you will have to flash that via odin. You can search for philz or hirox.
Once you have flashed the kernel, reboot to recovery, flash a KK compatible kernel (search for gustavo's, dorimanx or apolo), reboot to recovery, create a backup, flash your KK Rom (which you must have downloaded from the OP of that Rom), flash gapps and reboot.

In the list of your files, gapps is missing, get that too.

And in reality, if you spend some time searching and reading the manuals/guides then you wont have to ask these questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: MistahBungle

Loek3000

Jun 10, 2014
If you try to flash the CWM alone via odin, you will not be able to boot. Get a kernel which is in tar format and you will have to flash that via odin. You can search for philz or hirox.
Once you have flashed the kernel, reboot to recovery, create a backup, flash your KK Rom (which you must have downloaded from the OP of that Rom), flash gapps and reboot.

And in reality, if you spend some time searching and reading the manuals/guides then you wont have to ask these questions.

thank you, but i don't get it.. OP? i guess my questions are too stupid and i get a dozen of "search this and search that" so i won't bother anyone again :silly:

banjara

Mar 31, 2014
Bangalore
Your questions were not stupid. They are the basic questions which come to the newbie's mind. But you could either search for the stuff, go through the guides/manuals and spend your time reading and learning(which will be for your own good) or you could ask for spoonfeeding.
Anyways, if you do not want to invest time and energy in understanding all this then its your wish. But a lot of people here would not like to answer basic questions.

Reactions: MistahBungle

Loek3000

Jun 10, 2014

Your questions were not stupid. They are the basic questions which come to the newbie's mind. But you could either search for the stuff, go through the guides/manuals and spend your time reading and learning(which will be for your own good) or you could ask for spoonfeeding.
Anyways, if you do not want to invest time and energy in understanding all this then its your wish. But a lot of people here would not like to answer basic questions.

Look i just want a simple an plain answer, thats why i asked in the 1st place.

Some only rever to the search option or manuals... Like i said, it's confusing to me, i don't need to read stuff i don't need.

I got trouble, so this is why this section is called Help and Troubleshooting ....

I think also if you think that way, you can always reply to say people need to search and read manuals, that's just too easy to say

Last edited:

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
OP - Banjara is trying to help you. There's no point people giving you a bunch of steps you don't understand. If you don't take as much time as you need to in order to actually learn this stuff, you run the risk of ending up like this.

You may not necessarily do something completely daft like pull a cable in the middle of a flash, but modding your phone is not risk free. On the contrary, there are plenty of ways you can break your phone (to the point of you having to pay someone a not insignificant amount of money to fix it) doing this stuff.

Your questions aren't stupid, but you need to understand if you're not already experienced with this stuff, you're not going to somehow magically learn it all in 5 minutes. You have to take the time & put the effort in to learn it. And everything you need to learn is here, and it's easily found, again, with a bit of effort.

But like most people who come here, you're expecting it to be easy & obviously can't be bothered taking your time/are in too much of a rush.

That's fine, but don't whinge in Q&A if you bust your phone at some point.

Loek3000

Jun 10, 2014
OP - Banjara is trying to help you. There's no point people giving you a bunch of steps you don't understand. If you don't take as much time as you need to in order to actually learn this stuff, you run the risk of ending up like this.

You may not necessarily do something completely daft like pull a cable in the middle of a flash, but modding your phone is not risk free. On the contrary, there are plenty of ways you can break your phone (to the point of you having to pay someone a not insignificant amount of money to fix it) doing this stuff.

Your questions aren't stupid, but you need to understand if you're not already experienced with this stuff, you're not going to somehow magically learn it all in 5 minutes. You have to take the time & put the effort in to learn it. And everything you need to learn is here, and it's easily found, again, with a bit of effort.

But like most people who come here, you're expecting it to be easy & obviously can't be bothered taking your time/are in too much of a rush.

That's fine, but don't whinge in Q&A if you bust your phone at some point.

The only one who have helped me is : Vivek_Neel

Other reactions are pointless, i was aware of the search thing, so i don't need reminders... Also: i rooted my phone several times, and the question were about if i will do it correctly if i take these steps... And i've done my search and i know a little bit more. Show me what you come up with and i give all the credits, because i can't find 1 basic step....... And please don't bother to react if it's on topic

Loek3000

Jun 10, 2014
Look i just want a simple an plain answer, thats why i asked in the 1st place.

Some only rever to the search option or manuals... Like i said, it's confusing to me, i don't need to read stuff i don't need.

I got trouble, so this is why this section is called Help and Troubleshooting ....

I think also if you think that way, you can always reply to say people need to search and read manuals, that's just too easy to say

@banjara, .. i've read your 1st post just now, and you indeed tried to help me, it's just i didn't understand what you were saying...

i am sorry for the misunderstanding :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    let me ask it diffently:

everything ok?

Once you have flashed the kernel, reboot to recovery, flash a KK compatible kernel (search for gustavo's, dorimanx or apolo), reboot to recovery, create a backup, flash your KK Rom (which you must have downloaded from the OP of that Rom), flash gapps and reboot.