Latest update breaks all custom analog watch faces?

Search This thread

MikleNT

May 30, 2010
I have the same problem with custom digital watchfaces and date-widgets (the day's number is not displayed)

Reactions: CiMBo

reptile64

Aug 7, 2008
Thessaloniki
when I tried to change the watchface and try a new one my SW2 powered off and now when I try to power it on I see the Sony logo then the upgrade firmware progress bar and an endless boot loop with the same result... I have tried everything but I can't use it now....

julz

Mar 17, 2007
www.julianjwong.com
Hi all I've sent my contact at Sony an email regarding these new issues introduced as part of the update. I've also provided a link to this thread for reference. Please bear with me while I try to resolve this issue with my custom JJW Watchfaces.

Cheers
Julian

Sent from my SM-N910G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: nwg and CiMBo

CiMBo

Nov 28, 2007
Latest firmware update broke any analog custom watchface, date is no more displayed and hour hand don't sign exact time. :mad:
I think Sony had to release a patch asap, SW2 is the better smartwatch for value on the market, it needs only a better software. Sony made a good job in the past but now lack in debugging and release a poor software update. :(

reptile64

Aug 7, 2008
Thessaloniki
when I tried to change the watchface and try a new one my SW2 powered off and now when I try to power it on I see the Sony logo then the upgrade firmware progress bar and an endless boot loop with the same result... I have tried everything but I can't use it now....

I used PC companion and updated my SW2 by selecting the previous model because there is no SW2 there and it worked! :highfive:

Reactions: v-angel

julz

Mar 17, 2007
www.julianjwong.com
You can always try emailing apps@sonymobile.com. Google Play has a policy that developers must respond to support requests within 48 hours else they risk being suspended from Google Play store. I've emailed them as well as their developer support so hopefully we get a response soon.

Reactions: lillo68

julz

Mar 17, 2007
www.julianjwong.com
I've also tried messaging Sony via Facebook so hopefully I hear something back. I've also reached out to one of my more friendly contacts in Sony Australia to see if there's anything they can do internally to escalate the issue so fingers crossed!?

martinko23

Sep 14, 2012
Marseille
Wow guys, you have so much issues with this update.
I updated the smart connect app and sw2 app, it updated my watch and I kept all my watch faces and everything works flawlessly!!

Sent from space, delivered by Android.

lillo68

May 20, 2009
Rome
Sony's response ...

Sony support help desk is the worst and useless.
After several emails, the response was: retry the update ....

:eek::confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all, just another quick update. I received a response from my Sony Developer contact and they have escalated the issue for immediate investigation. I also received a response from Sony Mobile GB and they have passed on my issue. So fingers crossed we see an update soon but I think we will have to wait until the new year given we are entering the holiday period. Thanks for your patience and support while I try and get this fixed! In the meantime please follow my Facebook page for the latest news on any updates at www.facebook.com/JJWwatchfaces

Hi all I've sent my contact at Sony an email regarding these new issues introduced as part of the update. I've also provided a link to this thread for reference. Please bear with me while I try to resolve this issue with my custom JJW Watchfaces.

Cheers
    Julian

I've compiled ClockWidget from Sony's SDK samples, just in case. They're broken in absolutely the same way.
    sent a tweet to Sony about it, not expecting any reply, they never bothered to do anything with the selectable screen timeout request either

https://twitter.com/JarlSX/status/545505775251390466
    Is anyone else expirencing this?

All custom analog watch faces are displaying incorrect time on the update 1.6.22 from Dec 17