[Q] Odd Recovery problem

Search This thread
Jun 17, 2010
I'll be as descriptive as possible.

I must have did a bad flash with CWM, so I tried to reflash with CWM, TWRP, and even the OEM recovery. When attempting to boot to recovery, the screen goes blank. My pc attempts to connect every drive letter I've got when I plug in the usb. Among which, I can access an image folder on the device. Can't figure out how a bad recovery flash does this, but I can't find a fix for the life of me. Phone works as it should. My problem is anything involving recovery will give me a black screen, so factory wipe will not work.

Any ideas would be well appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• vs980.JPG
    vs980.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 683
Last edited:

RubbleTea

May 20, 2013
Los angeles
I'll be as descriptive as possible.

I must have did a bad flash with CWM, so I tried to reflash with CWM, TWRP, and even the OEM recovery. When attempting to boot to recovery, the screen goes blank. My pc attempts to connect every drive letter I've got when I plug in the usb. Among which, I can access an image folder on the device. Can't figure out how a bad recovery flash does this, but I can't find a fix for the life of me. Phone works as it should. My problem is anything involving recovery will give me a black screen, so factory wipe will not work.

Any ideas would be well appreciated.
Thanks

Hey man you could try just using Flashify to flash a recovery...its a app...then boot to recovery

Jun 17, 2010
I tried using that method. It gives me the same thing. Maybe somewhere in the recovery location (or associated locations) seem to may have gotten damaged somehow during the bad flash? Flashing the phone completely I'm sure would do the trick. I came from the droid 4, so sbf/fastboot flash would solve all my problems. Searching around landed me to a kdz, which seemed to be an equivalent, but isn't working or maybe I'm doing something wrong? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: