List of Widgets you use?

Search This thread

iamjerry123

Oct 2, 2011
I love my Revo, but I feel like I have too much widgets, therefore lack ram. that's why I want to see what type of widgets you use, and see how much ram that takes nad how much ram you have on average

I use facebook widget, color note widget, a clock, beautiful weather, a calendar widget, the my verizon, the notifications for GO launcher, and of course GO launcher.
when I clear my ram, I have about 160 mb of ram. (including email music and smart keyboard pro)

I feel like I'm lacking alot, and this prevents me from playing high quality games.

JetBlue

Jan 6, 2012
Yea you have kinda a lot of widgets. Right now the only widget I use is the advanced task killer. I use to use the Sense 4 Widget until I decided to use something new. Just divide your widgets down into what you really need then you should have less widgets.

elreydotcom

Aug 14, 2011
indeed, the only widget I use is the SIMI clock widget on my main screen

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

gimpcell

Oct 12, 2009
Austin
I use all seven desktops and have them full of widgets. I decided this time around to only use widgets that came with the phone. The phone has no problems with RAM or battery. Seriously, not kidding. However, I have downloaded a couple apps that include widgets like Equalizer, SetCPU and WiFi teather.

iamjerry123

Oct 2, 2011
I use all seven desktops and have them full of widgets. I decided this time around to only use widgets that came with the phone. The phone has no problems with RAM or battery. Seriously, not kidding. However, I have downloaded a couple apps that include widgets like Equalizer, SetCPU and WiFi teather.

So how much ram do you have

gimpcell

Oct 12, 2009
Austin
So how much ram do you have

My point is I stopped caring for it. I learned to trust the phone. On a good day I have noticed it stay steady at 40. On a busy day it goes down to 20-15. I use adw and have the dock and status bars hidden which saves a few bytes. The battery still lasts about 20 hours. That's with me plugging at twelve at night.

iamjerry123

Oct 2, 2011
My point is I stopped caring for it. I learned to trust the phone. On a good day I have noticed it stay steady at 40. On a busy day it goes down to 20-15. I use adw and have the dock and status bars hidden which saves a few bytes. The battery still lasts about 20 hours. That's with me plugging at twelve at night.

So you never clear the ram?
Because when I don't it really lags sometimes... \: So should i just deal with it ?

JetBlue

Jan 6, 2012
You do know 40 ram is bad?

gimpcell

Oct 12, 2009
Austin
So you never clear the ram?
Because when I don't it really lags sometimes... \: So should i just deal with it ?

After my second revo I stopped downloading and installing crap games and apps that have in-app ads. It seriously helps with battery and phone speed. I do get the common launcher restart and a few screen freezes here and there but nothing that makes me want to throw my phone because of lag. I guess its just preference. I can capture my phone statistics and email them to you so you can compare.

iamjerry123

Oct 2, 2011
After my second revo I stopped downloading and installing crap games and apps that have in-app ads. It seriously helps with battery and phone speed. I do get the common launcher restart and a few screen freezes here and there but nothing that makes me want to throw my phone because of lag. I guess its just preference. I can capture my phone statistics and email them to you so you can compare.

Yes that'd be great!
BTW My phone even though it has like 60mb of ram that's when it starts to lag. Is this weird? because wheres the other 60 mb?..

iamjerry123

Oct 2, 2011

Like when I play scramble with friends, it lags then my whole phone lags, when i get like a text or something. then i cant even go to the task amanger to end it because it's so laggy so i end up taking out the battery.

Haxcid

Jul 16, 2010
Ventura
I have 3 screens, 2 widgets running, 147 meg in use 154 free on stock rooted and things are pretty smooth. As much as I like MT's work and respect it, break out 1.1 just lagged to much for me. Even after boosting the low end core speeds coming out of sleep it would take forever for the phone to become responsive, stock for me is snappy, out of sleep the phone dialer opens immediately etc... I get great battery life on stock and as much as I dislike LG phones now, I do like home except the lack of being able to change the icons on the dock. I really would like different links. I have been off charge for 14 hours and still have 78% battery left light usage.

:::EDIT:::
NM just figured out how to change the links... lol... Had this damn thing a year and never knew... I like home a lot now...

Last edited:

nasaiya

Feb 5, 2012
One thing worth mentioning in this thread is that you should remember android is linux. Linux utilizes ram a bit differently than what you're likely used to (Windows). A windows computer generally fills up the ram with all sorts of nonsense until it gets full, starts overflowing the data onto the hard drive, and lags (especially if you have a bunch of poorly written programs running all the time). In other words, on windows, more free ram is better, and that's pretty much all there is to it.

Linux (and therefore android) suffers from the same problem of course, if you fill up the ram completely by opening way too many programs it will still overflow the data to a swap partition.

On the other hand Linux tends to try to use the ram more agressively, because ram is much faster than the hard drives, so you tend to see the ram relatively full most of the time, especially when there isn't much of it to begin with, which is usually actually a GOOD thing... It means linux is doing it's best to go faster!

Again, of course completely running out of ram isn't good, you can still open too many programs and overwhelm the ram on linux/android, but the point is just because you see a lot of ram usage, doesn't necessarily mean there's a problem.

On another note the lag on my phone (with broken out) was clearly due to cpu governing... once I got my hands on the blitz kernel and set the min and max to decent settings I've not had it lag at all -- and it was BAD, lagging horribly ALL the time before that. I usually have a ton of crap running all the time too btw.

Just my 2 cents...

Edit: I should add that I'm not an expert by any means, but I'm fairly confident the above is correct. If not, sorry, it's only worth 2 cents!

Last edited:

keynith

i believe you are correct good sir.

As with making sure your RAM is under control, you can either use a task kiler or the one that is included in zep's supercharger. Shouldnt need to worry about RAM in newer phones as many will have 1gb+ DDR3 availible.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app

i believe you are correct good sir.

As with making sure your RAM is under control, you can either use a task kiler or the one that is included in zep's supercharger. Shouldnt need to worry about RAM in newer phones as many will have 1gb+ DDR3 availible.

Saw the signature with the new tf300. How is it? Specs look nice and I have been looking to upgrade from my old gtab.

keynith

haha i love it. i got the keyboard dock and its exactly like a laptop with it attached. although it doesnt have the screen like the prime, i paid 550 for both the keyboard and the tablet and the ICS is very nice. 32gb tab is 400 and 150 for the keyboard.

Apr 27, 2012
I use Launcher Pro, and for whatever reason can only get 3 desktops (don't know why) anyway, I currently use GO Weather Widget, My widget for school, Facebook, Twitter, Rift (MMORPG), Sleep Bot. Rift and Sleep bot only take up 3 spaces on my main screen. the GO Weather is a 4x2 but they have a 2x1, 2x2 and 4x1, I like the 4x2 cause it has more stuff on it and its skins are fun too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its not bad. I use my homescreens for 80 percent of activities and tasks. This phone really is badass. It helps if you minimize the amount of third party apps.
    Personally, I hate anything LG because of this phone. It's a decent phone but never again will I get an LG phone.