What is exatly needed for a WM6.5.3 Rom?

Search This thread

cedesmith

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2010
hi.
yet another release. no rebuilding yet :( and that because i could not **** anything. plz someone **** something.

Added -chk switch to check a file, doesn't seam do do much but just edit the file.
Dump now is made using catalog not guessing as previous version.
Added -s to dump OS.nb

Assuming you have tg01.bin:
tgtool -dump tg01.bin
copy /b tg01.wmb1.nbin+tg01.wmb2.nbin+tg01.wmb3.nbin tg01.os.payload

is about the same as:
tgtool -s tg01.bin
nbslipt -data 0x800 -extra 8 tg01.os.nb ( or nbsplit -kaiser tg01.os.nb)

note:
tg01.wmb1.nbin is boot + xid
tg01.wmb2.nbin is imgfs
tg01.wmb3.nbin is is dos partition
one could use osnbtool to dump xid and imgfs from payload if xidump messes your kitchen... but htat is as far as i got.

i been spending last days trying to **** me something but just made a mess.
plz someone **** me something so i can put in the rom file.

happy toying

Last edited:

Alucard24

Dec 7, 2009
Great Work cedesmith, you are our hero.Now that you need a cooker is Wen time.Wen call all your cookers, our tg01 is ready to unleash its power.

DunkDream

Apr 22, 2008
hi.
yet another release. no rebuilding yet :( and that because i could not **** anything. plz someone **** something.

Added -chk switch to check a file, doesn't seam do do much but just edit the file.
Added -s to dump OS.nb

tgtool -dump tg01.bin

is about the same as:
tgtool -s tg01.bin

note:
tg01.wmb2.nbin is imgfs
one could use osnbtool to dump xid and imgfs from payload if xidump messes your kitchen... but htat is as far as i got.

happy toying

Thanks for this Update cedesmith!

I will also update my first post, so that everyone here gets the newest information.

I'll also look for a cooker and talk to some people.

Thanks again for your good work.
You work is for us very worthy!

Best regards,

DunkDream

DunkDream

Apr 22, 2008
Hope that all the information are right, that I wrote in the first post.

I tried the new tool and it works like a charm for me.

But is it right, that we now need to modifiy the system files? But after that is done, how can we get everything in a flashable condition? Don't we need a .tsw file again?

Again, thanks for the work cedesmith. It's deep software development/ software engineering so you got my full tribute!

DunkDream

Apr 22, 2008
Hmm maybe I made some progresses:

Well I looked into the XDA-Wiki and got some ideas from there.

Here is what I now made:

- I dumped the IMGFS Partition with viewimgfs.exe
- after that I used the package_tool made by bepe (thanks for that!!!)

Now I got OEM and a SYS folder that contains all the system files.

What are the next steps to do?

I will read more, maybe I find out more :)

Or maybe this little work was worthless, we'll see :D

See my screenshots that are in the attachment.

Best regards,

DunkDream

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 172
  • Unbenannt1.jpg
    Unbenannt1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Unbenannt2.jpg
    Unbenannt2.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

hdubli

Dec 31, 2004
hi.

Added -s to dump OS.nb

tgtool -dump tg01.bin

is about the same as:
tgtool -s tg01.bin

note:
tg01.wmb2.nbin is imgfs

happy toying

i will cook..and give u results..i have the tg01..

bird_9527

Feb 6, 2010
great!

waiting your good news,hero!

Glad to see more and more friends who began to use tg01,I like this device too!

ABM30

Apr 24, 2009
hi.

Added -s to dump OS.nb

tgtool -dump tg01.bin

is about the same as:
tgtool -s tg01.bin

note:
tg01.wmb2.nbin is imgfs

happy toying

THANK YOU, so I get some work to do in this evening. I will post the modified files to can try to rebuild the ROM.

LeTo08

Sep 2, 2008
Paris
Hmm maybe I made some progresses:

Well I looked into the XDA-Wiki and got some ideas from there.

Here is what I now made:

- I dumped the IMGFS Partition with viewimgfs.exe
- after that I used the package_tool made by bepe (thanks for that!!!)

Now I got OEM and a SYS folder that contains all the system files.

What are the next steps to do?

I will read more, maybe I find out more :)

Or maybe this little work was worthless, we'll see :D

See my screenshots that are in the attachment.

Best regards,

DunkDream

I'm not a cooker but your files are the same than the package of new build from Da_G = http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=544445

Maybe you already know this thread.
Sorry if that not help :eek:

@Bird: Your link don't work.

arag0n85

Jul 29, 2009
you can't do it yet, right now tgtool allows you to dump rom parts please read cedesmith's post

I did, but since he said that he was trying to cook himself something and he was trying to verify that the files are correct, I tought that he has a method to repack the files... He said that he couln't test the repack because he has no coock yet but... he can try to unpack-repack process if the file stays the same, no?

shamus

Jun 5, 2005
Google Pixel 5
I'm sure he already have ability to repack all rom parts to tsw file what I understand he did not want someone to kill his device by flashing diy rom until he is 100% sure algorithm to create it is flawless. He mentioned this in one of his previous posts that changing single bit of information in the rom is able to kill the device. There is allready -chk switch in tgtool try taking tsw file and change one bit inside the file by hexediting it, you will see what I mean.

ABM30

Apr 24, 2009
Start cooking

I use the TG01WP_5005000167.tsw UK version which I rename it in TGGB.tsw
I dumped with new tool. here is the content http://www.mediafire.com/file/nmqmhzuc0md/TGGB.rar

TGGB.WMB2.nbin is containing the operating system and OEM files. I change all SYS with new one from WM 6.5.3 buil 28230. I let OEM files aas it is (for the begining)
the new file generated:........http://www.mediafire.com/file/o3gyjgeoejk/TGGB.WMB2.rar

TGGB.WMB1.nbin normally need to be the XIP part (eXecute In Place). But something is wrong in his structure. The XIP Kitchen (program used to modify the XIP) is not recognizing it. I compare it with the file dumped with old TGTool and I noticed that is different. In fact files generated with old tool: TGGB.08 (1.536 kB)+TGGB.09 (3.840 kB) is giving (not quite identic...!) the new one TGGB.WMB1.nbin (5.376 kB) The old one TGGB.09 has the right format for XIP!

So I haven't modified this files. For the beginning it can be tried to build back the tsw file just with TGGB.WMB2.nbin part witch contains the operating system. There is chance to get a working ROM also with old XIP part contained in it.

If I try to get just the TGGB2.OS.payload I get errors if I want to get the imgfs.bin part out of it using ImgfsFromNb.exe
With xidump.exe it can be dumped the SYS, OEM files but then is no tool to pack it back.

@cedesmith...can you verify a bit this things, please.

What is VERY IMPORTANT that the bootloader, radio and XIP to be in right place, else the phone will brick. For a wrong sys is not a problem, even the install freeze after installing there is chance to put the stock ROM back

nico101

Sep 4, 2007
ABM30 and other cooks the best rom for base for cooking is 6.5 IT on it there was much less problems with calls and with stability...

ABM30

Apr 24, 2009
ABM30 and other cooks the best rom for base for cooking is 6.5 IT on it there was much less problems with calls and with stability...

Yes, I now that, just we need to find out if there is not any limitation in combining Italian ROM Radio module with other language SYS and OEM parts. therefore I made for first step just a "small" change, just to have possibility to tryout rebuilding the ROM. In fact this is the most important part, if something is going wrong is very easy to create a BRICK!

After rebuilding process is finalized, I will go deeper, get out the Toshiba app., put in SENSE 2.5, etc...this will be much easier to do.

kevinpwhite

Nov 19, 2006
......very easy to create a BRICK!

After rebuilding process is finalized, I will go deeper, get out the Toshiba app., put in SENSE 2.5, etc...this will be much easier to do.

As a start point, a 'plain vanilla' de-branded ROM would be a stunning success.

The future no doubt holds all sorts of possibilities with imported features, Sense, and so on, but I'd really counsel taking this slow and above all rigorously tested before anything more adventurous :)

Reactions: vinay420

shamus

Jun 5, 2005
Google Pixel 5
ABM30 XIP partition is in tg01.wmb1.nbin or if you split tsw file with -s switch you will have all in one file like os.nb.payload from htc phones wmb1+wmb+wmb3 makes payload

I dumped XIP partition using xidump tool made by bepe

Last edited:

cedesmith

Feb 3, 2010
- fixed a bug and some bad headers so now .nb should be correct .
- changed some options, default is now -sp (split .payload) as most peoples are only interested in that or -sn ( split .nb ) depending on what kitchen they use.

about rebuild let me make it clear: i could release it and say it will work and all of you could brick your phones, or wait for someone to cook and test it on my phone ( if i will have the guts, and insured by donations to wen :D ).
you have to understand that flashing a rom is a very risky thing with high failure chances.
i know some ( if not all ) of you upgraded other devices and probably think is no big thing but keep in mind that others made the tools and are tested and proved. you could not seriously expect me to do in 2 weeks ( that i sent on this ) to do what other (experienced) did in years.

so back to business:
hope now someone could have more success in cocking something.
ervius kitchen ( witch i'm a little familiar with ) doesn't stop at importing imgfsfromnb any more but seams to crash at some package ( Logo i think ).
i'll be off for weekend so

have a nice weekend

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ......very easy to create a BRICK!

As a start point, a 'plain vanilla' de-branded ROM would be a stunning success.

The future no doubt holds all sorts of possibilities with imported features, Sense, and so on, but I'd really counsel taking this slow and above all rigorously tested before anything more adventurous :)