[ROM][OMG] Team Tiamat Xoom Rom 1.0 Deodexed "Welcome to Win!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Bazar617

Jan 11, 2011
May I make a suggestion?
The Google Voice icon in the upper left is themed to BigDX, kind of throws off the rest of the stock theme.
Also, when you click the clock, the circle battery icon (which shows the current value of the battery) is right next to the text display in %. Could it perhaps look something like this instead:
device02.png

Thanks for deodexing this! I'd like to learn how you did that sometime, now that it can be done.

Brenardo

Nov 13, 2010
3G busted here as well...

Someone gotta tutorial on how to use the phone! Also SMS pay per use?

stiffspliff

Jan 16, 2011
solarnz or brd, i'll catch u guys on irc but just a heads up that cwm wipes fine in the 5.11 version as far as i can tell

maybe narrow down reason of bug to the 3.2 update or advanced backup implementation

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
Little hiccup.

I have a 3G Xoom (but only use as wifi - no active Verizon Account). Was running 3.1 per this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1074609

Per the instructions in this thread - I did a factory reset, and through CWM, did a reset / cache wipe / dalvik wipe, and then installed this ROM and rebooted.

The wizard opens - 1st step is to Activate and you are given the options to Skip/Active.

I Skip - popup dialog I confirm Skip - The wizard restarts, and asks to Activate.​

Is there something I missed, or maybe a bug?

You wiped in cwm...that's the problem.

Sent From My Evo

RinTinTigger

Nov 26, 2009
Installed without any wipe or anything and worked fine out of the box. could install n stuff.!

diaa08

Jan 2, 2009
Los Angeles
to people with 3G connectivity issues, anyone been able to restore yet? about to do a full rollback, but want to make sure its 100% necessary :/

cadiken

Mar 19, 2010
So flash ROM using CWM then flash 1.4.4 OC GPU kernel over top to get the overclocked GPU version that sound about right?

People still getting the no 3G after flashing or was that only a few people? Did wiping fix the problem?

h4jj1

Jun 8, 2010
The wizard opens - 1st step is to Activate and you are given the options to Skip/Active.

I Skip - popup dialog I confirm Skip - The wizard restarts, and asks to Activate.
You wiped in cwm...that's the problem.

Sent From My Evo

I repeated the process only doing the Factory Reset from the Android settings menu - flashed the ROM - same loop for activation.

lokko21

Jun 4, 2010
Chihuahua
to people with 3G connectivity issues, anyone been able to restore yet? about to do a full rollback, but want to make sure its 100% necessary :/

Nothing so far, but I'm m sure they are working on the issue, I'm going to wait, a little longer, before nand back, hopefully they sort the problem.

Evo Better Than The Best...

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010

I Skip - popup dialog I confirm Skip - The wizard restarts, and asks to Activate.

I repeated the process only doing the Factory Reset from the Android settings menu - flashed the ROM - same loop for activation.

The best i can tell, and i'm hoping solaranz can figure it out (and correct), but if you wipe in CWM it makes your data partition read only. So the setup wizard can not store the files to know its complete. You will either need to nandroid restore or factory reset in android os and reflash the rom (make sure you reflash before loading the os again).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to Team Tiamat Xoom Rom 1.0

Team Tiamat Xoom Rom Team organization:

Bigrushdog
    Solarnz
    MadIndustries

These guys really know how to win. That why we roll like that!

This OP will be quick and dirty as I am going on vacation. Any Xoomers around Panama City Beach wanna by me a beer, holla.

First and foremost, the Xoom Community owes a debt of gratitude to Roach from the Transformer board. He pointed me toward the

Code:
    find ./ -type f -exec sed -i 's/return-void-barrier/return-void/g' {} \;

Truly the most epic piece of script. Roach is WIN in it's purest form! Thanks man, you got the party started!

OK, the goods...

Built from Verizon 3G stock image! Everybody keeps their google winning
    Completly deodexed, zip aligned stock system apps and framework.

Pure stock system apps and framework for you themers and minimalists. EXCEPT framework-res.apk. It was not affected by deodex, so you can grab stock from anywhere.

As far as we can tell, ANY XOOM DEVICE CAN FLASH THIS NO WORRIES. HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE COMING FROM A XOOM WITH ANYTHING BUT THE VERIZON 3G FIRMWARE, IT IS POSSIBLE YOU MAY HAVE TO DO A FULL WIPE

Example: If you have a US Wifi Only device, but you upgraded with my method to the Verizon 3g upgrade kit, YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TO WIPE. If you have a UK Wifi Only model with UK wifi only 3.1, it is possible you may have to wipe.

Rom Features

Packed with Tiamat 1.4.4 stock GPU. Flash OC'd gpu version is you wish.

rooted with SU and superuser, of course

Desktop UA string, CRT Screen Off Animation, Call setting with SIP, and SMS capable enabled.
    Note: At the moment, with the 3g fix you will not have the SIP calling or SMS capabilities. This is because we have had to go back to a more stock framework-res.apk.

Supercircle 100 point battery mod! thanks Jewremy

Wifi Ad-Hoc mod enabled! thanks Kelvie

USB Mass Storage Enabled. Use Dinomight's Mass Storage Tool or activity manager script. I've got some truly epic things lined up for this now that I can unleash the brd|smaliBeast !

Init.d boot scripts enabled. Thanks Steady Hawkin!

Busybox built in

local.init.rc enabled in system/etc

openVPN binary and script from CyanogenMod. untested but with tun.ko included, should win. Also grabbed Wireless Toolkit binary with built in symlinks from CyanogenMod

added Quickboot, Estrongs File Explorer, and Flash Player hulufied brdizzled in data/apps. This was included so users coming from full wipe can be up and running. Feel free to remove from zip before flashing.

And i'm sure there's more but can't remember atm.

Instructions:

1) Back up your device's apps and data and nandroid to be safe :p:p
    2) Put rom in root of MicroSD
    3) Flash rom
    4) Flash the 3g Fix if you're activated on Verizon.
    5) Reboot
    6) DETERMINE IF A WIPE IS NECESSARY
    • If your device bootloops, which is not likely, you will need to wipe
    • Once booted, attempt to install an app either from the Market or a side loaded apk. If the install fails and borks out, a wipe is necessary.
    • If it is determined you have to wipe, do a Factory Reset in Android Settings menu. At this time do not use Clockwork Recovery to wipe.
    • Once wiped, flash rom again and reboot.
    6) Welcome to Team Tiamat Xoom Rom motoGoogEpicPwnageWinningness

If you want to have the charging light on while the xoom is powered on, flash optional update 2. This only turns the charging light on.

Download:

Team Tiamat Xoom Rom v-1.0 HC 3.1 VZW Deodexed
    MD5 Checksum 1bc044999c4b22107f332c3a9c4dcf8d

Optional downloads (quick updates to the full rom):

Team Tiamat Xoom Rom 1.0 Update 1 - 3g fix (Not the full rom, just a quick fix)
    MD5 Checksum d2e5078d9825389d5619dbb862ea0dd8

Team Tiamat Xoom Rom 1.0 Update 2 - Enable Charging Light
    MD5 Checksum d8fccf5c75882194b74c7e8a935301fd

Team Tiamat Xoom Rom 1.0 Update 3 - Fix dependency on busybox
    MD5 Checksum 8d9cdb4d2cb75869ef6c5786f82b09e7
    How to deodex HC 3.1

This is not a tutorial on the art of deodex! This is for those who already know the game but were stuck. This is how Roach showed me the trick to get HC smali to rebuild.

this is just the trick. Implement this method into your scripts as necessary.

use baksmali 1.2.7 to decode framework and system app .odex

once decoded, apply this string replace command to the output smali code

Code:
    find ./ -type f -exec sed -i 's/return-void-barrier/return-void/g' {} \;

then build smali into classes.dex as normal with smali 1.2.7

This is the baksmali / smali and apktool used. After deodex, apktool ( Sangreal's HoneyTool ;D ) was confirmed working on Gmail.apk as a test.

Download Deodex apktool pack

Also included are the smali / baksmali wrapper scripts and the deodex scripts I wrote to do this job. All you script guys, don't hate cause it's a little sloppy. But it did the trick. Deodex guys, notice the trick with $classpath. Sloppy but it works.

On framework, you will have to add junit-core.jar to classpath for framework.jar, services.jar, policy.jar, and ext.jar.

On apps, they all go exept for bluetooth.apk and networklocation.apk. You have to add that long string of classpath for those, but they will go.

Have fun. :cool:
    I know where your going, but actually asus already had it :p

Where u think I smalikanged from lol!

I've been quiet and in hiding working on something epic. Tiamat Xoom Rom v1.1 beta has been released for testing. I have spent probably about 100 hours getting the rom to where it is now. It is the fastest, baddest, sickest thing the xoom has ever seen. This is truly how the xoom should have been released.

Just some highlights.

MountService now has full control of the Xoom storage system, as it should be. that means that Android mounts the MicroSD, and gives you the opportunity to control the MicroSD in a variety of ways. You can now unmount the MicroSD from the status bar or from Storage settings. You can safely remove the MicroSD and put in another one ( some call that HotSwap :D ) Also, you can manage any USB host connections ( like a thumb drive with OTG cable ) from the status bar and Storage settings. In the status bar, you can also launch a native file explorer and browse all mounted storage on the device. Android will now recognize media on both MicroSD and Internal storage. That means music and Gallery media will be seen on both storage points.

Mass Storage is a WIP atm. There are some unforseen complexities regarding shared volumes. However, I should have that fixed by release. Either way, at this point, Android is listening for UMS connections, so the hard part is done. I am having difficulties configuring vold.ftab to successfully unmount usb host connections, but we're in beta.

Also, you can configure multiple input methods on-the-fly with a new keyboard icon.

Solarnz has been busy too. He is finalizing "Localization Scripts" which will assist in the process of making the rom compatible with the many models we have to consider.

This is what I've been doing. We will have a release soon. If you feel you are qualified to test this rom, you can visit us on #xoom. You MUST BE ABLE TO PRODUCE LOGCATS AND PREFERABLY HAVE A GITHUB ACCOUNT. I am very excited about this rom. Also, i have scoured the depths of the Honeycomb framework. There are some amazing things in there. The future looks good for Xoomers.

Oh, almost forgot. It comes with Tiamat Kernel 1.4.5 ;)
    Change log:
    Change Log:

Code:
    [center][quote][b][size="4"]Version 1.x[/size][/b][/quote][/center]
    [b]Version 1.0 - Update 3 (Busybox fix)[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Fixed the dependency that the ramdisk had on busybox, specifically run-parts.
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.0 - Update 2 (charging light)[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Enabled the led charging light in the ramdisk as per popular request.
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.0 - 3g fix[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Fixed permissions in /system/bin. This was causing issues with 3g connections.
    [*]Replaced framework-res.apk with a less modified version. There is no SIP calling and sms now, but the activation screens work now.
    [/list]
    reserved for me