Ice Cream Sandwich

Search This thread

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
Will we ever get a fully functional ICS build?

From what it looks like now, yes. The current ICS builds have had an amazing progress and what we need now is someone to backport the gingerbread kgsl drivers or compile an msm-3.0 kernel so we can get a fully functional hardware acceleration.

Obviously, the low internal memory or ROM memory is no problem since we can, using blackrose, repartition the whole internal memory.

What's your thought in all of this? What are you looking forward too? A Cyanogenmod ICS build? A MIUI ICS build? Or simply a vanilla ICS build with no elements of Cyanogenmod or MIUI? Please share your thoughts.

I would just like to thank all the wonderful developers here for doing such an awesome job at bringing us an ICS build - buggy or not, it's still a huge step forward.

gecko_bs

Jul 29, 2010
I believe CM team will be the first with full functional ICS for N1 and i'm definitly looking forward to it. After that all the others will come up with their different Roms.

Salfalot

Jul 28, 2010
I think CM won't be the first, since CM will be way to busy for all the newer phones! Like the Galaxy S2 and the newer dual cores, those will probably get bigger priority..

Can't wait that the ROM works perfectly or almost perfectly!

tracer_ca

Jan 5, 2011
I'm be super happy with a stock ICS build for the N1. It would extend the life of my phone for another year until LTE gets sorted out by my carrier.

shahrier

Mar 17, 2011
Definitely stock ICS with few tweaks like custom shutdown/reboot menu, FM Radio app, builtin A2SD support, Wifi calling support etc.

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
Texasice's ICS is doing pretty well on my N1 right now..

Yeah, it's amazing what he's been able to do with it on such short notice, being a "college droput" as he said :p

Totally off topic, but I'd just like to know: Is it true that you pretty much need a college education to get a respectable job over there in the U.S? I mean, after nine years of elementary school and another three in high school (or whatever it's like over there), college is the last thing I'd ever want to go to.

I'd like to try out a vanilla ICS rom first, then maybe I'll check out CM9.
So basically, you should go with texasice's ICS ROM and then samuaz. IIRC, texas said he would never incorporate CM9 into his ROM, so you're good to flash it.

I don't really know what I'll go with. I think it depends on the features and stability of the two. I like Cyanogenmod but maybe, just maybe, I'll stick with stock ICS and first get the hang of it.

bodhisattva99

Jan 11, 2012
Stockholm
So basically, you should go with texasice's ICS ROM and then samuaz. IIRC, texas said he would never incorporate CM9 into his ROM, so you're good to flash it.

I don't really know what I'll go with. I think it depends on the features and stability of the two. I like Cyanogenmod but maybe, just maybe, I'll stick with stock ICS and first get the hang of it.

I am using the samuaz ICS build right now on a day to day basis and I must say I'm pretty impressed.
Almost everything works fine - gapps, wifi, 3g, a2sd. Pretty amazing for an alpha release.
Most likely I would preffer an pretty much vanilla ICS build in the future.

shahrier

Mar 17, 2011
I am using the samuaz ICS build right now on a day to day basis and I must say I'm pretty impressed.
Almost everything works fine - gapps, wifi, 3g, a2sd. Pretty amazing for an alpha release.
Most likely I would preffer an pretty much vanilla ICS build in the future.

a2sd implemented by texasice is the best compared to all other implementation I have tried so far. Check out this post by texasice if you are interested.

I am using the "xdata" feature so I can finally see 2 GB internal space! Also I have not seen any slow down in speed while using "xdata".

396331_10150482263982793_586147792_9228207_936146392_n.jpg

Last edited:

el_infor

Dec 22, 2010
Madrid
I have already custom blackrose hboot, latest 4ext touch recovery ready for the video recording feature on texasice rom to be ready!:D :D

Tanith

Mar 21, 2010
Have been using texasice's on my old N1 as well since he started developing it. His implementation is very good. :)

taodan

Nov 27, 2011
LineageOS
I just flashed texasice's ICS ROM p6. So far so good. When CM releases CM9, I will wait for others' feedback and then give it a try just to see the difference.

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Am i the only one not even slightly interested in ICS? Everything about it seems to be a big step backwards from Gingerbread. My N1 with CM7 is absolutely spot-bollock perfect as it is, so i don't need a new device and i don't need a new OS!

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Probably are the only one.
Those afraid of change are really in the wrong place browsing XDA.

You're kidding right? Change just for the sake of change is idiotic. I know the teens go for the whole 'Oh look a new shiny thing', but they are also notoriously unreliable, are known to have bad taste and couldn't have an objective thought if their lives depended on it.

faiil

Sep 20, 2011
Am i the only one not even slightly interested in ICS? Everything about it seems to be a big step backwards from Gingerbread. My N1 with CM7 is absolutely spot-bollock perfect as it is, so i don't need a new device and i don't need a new OS!
You're not the only one, I'm actually quite happy with my N1 right now, its fast and stable, I don't need anything more atm. I will update it only if its clear to me that the latest versions are better

Markdental

Jan 19, 2010
Florida
I am interested in quite a few things about ICS, the most important of which is not in any of the current ROMs:

New camera software
Better multitasking (cards)
Better and faster browser
Better notifications
And most importantly...HARDWARE ACCELERATION. This is the only thing missing from current ICS roms and the reason I have not flashed any of them.

The moment this gets stable, I am all over it...

But ICS is a HUGE upgrade because of this fact alone. Personally, I feel like the SGSII will be a better overall phone vs the GNex once it is on ICS. Other than touchwiz...

spaided

Nov 28, 2010
San Antonio
a2sd implemented by texasice is the best compared to all other implementation I have tried so far. Check out this post by texasice if you are interested.

I am using the "xdata" feature so I can finally see 2 GB internal space! Also I have not seen any slow down in speed while using "xdata".

396331_10150482263982793_586147792_9228207_936146392_n.jpg
Man now i wish i kept mine :-( Oh well, the HTC sensation hasn't let me down yet, but you never forget your first time..LOL love/miss my N1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Went back to gingerbread :(
    I get the black-screen-of-death on both p5 and p6 builds (texasice's ICS ROM). Maybe because I am using xdata?
    d03624e1-821e-83ef.jpg

It does. For some weird reason I couldn't install anymore apps after this point.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App
    Medroid with zKernel is pretty smooth and stable for me. ia2sd makes the rom even more polished.

I have used texasice's builds in the beginning days. But i like samuaz's better for only one reason. It is CM. I am used to using the notification widgets and looking forward for some other CM7 features to be added

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App
    How is that possible and why doesn't every developer do it like that?

It's not really necessary to have a repartitioned hboot for ICS because it can still fit on the stock partition. BUT! Doing so will leave you with such low internal memory for installing apps, that it's generally no idea to leave it at that.