BBM changed my pin! =(

Search This thread

beto0216

May 30, 2012
Tucson
www.betoslife.com
So i have BBM i flashed a new rom yesterday and today i log back into the app with the same email and password. I clicked on Switch Devices button, and next thing you know im slapped with a new pin, it shows my contacts but somehow they arent my friends technically because i send them a message and it shows a little square with a check mark, instead of the D logo. I also lost admin privileges to my group that i had going on. Does anybody know a fix for this?!

Last edited:

WhoWhere

Oct 24, 2010
It sounds like they linked your PIN to your Android id. If that is the case, you would need to go back to your previous nandroid and backup your Android id using titanium backup, reflash the new rom and then restore the messenger data.

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
If that was the case our unique identifier for Google never changes. Its a static number like a MAC address. I'm sure BBM must use the same thing. Must be in their way of how they implemented it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012

beto0216

May 30, 2012
Tucson
www.betoslife.com
hey guys sorry i didnt reply back to this, but i got a PM on my twitter from them and i just couldnt help but laugh to the response.

"A new PIN is generated if the BBM application is Deleted then Reinstalled. Thanks. ^RA"

alid_abdul

Feb 25, 2011
It's weird, flashed my phone over and over, and now I use new handphone but my pin still same since the first time I download and register BBM.

Top Liked Posts