[Q] Pls help me make my gear work on my 4.2.2 phone!!

Search This thread

anthonyweeg

Aug 22, 2014
Hello devs. I have tried all the ways here (except installing a custom rom because i want tizen only) to make my gear work on my android 4.2.2 phone, Its a Kata i3 or rebranded XOLO Q1010. Its always stuck on "connecting to gear" without getting done.. is there any way to make my gear work with android 4.2.2? please help,,

babygirl24860

Aug 19, 2014
Hello devs. I have tried all the ways here (except installing a custom rom because i want tizen only) to make my gear work on my android 4.2.2 phone, Its a Kata i3 or rebranded XOLO Q1010. Its always stuck on "connecting to gear" without getting done.. is there any way to make my gear work with android 4.2.2? please help,,

You have to download and install tizen on your gear and then if you want to you can install tizen 3.0 from skin1980

emuandco

I already did,, gear is now on tizen, but everytime i install gear manager and gearstub on my phone, it just stays on "connecting to gear" without any progress...

You need gear2 connector to connect to Tizen Gear variants. I think you only installed Gear1 Connector from all these "need to install to work" additional apks up to now?

Last edited:

anthonyweeg

Aug 22, 2014
You need gear2 connector to connect to Tizen Gear variants. I think you only installed Gear1 Connector from all these "need to install to work" additional apks up to now?

i did install all the apks sent by the gear during pairing including gear 2 connector.. im just stuck at "connecting to gear" screen without any progress although it doesnt force close or hangs... what shud i do??

emuandco

i did install all the apks sent by the gear during pairing including gear 2 connector.. im just stuck at "connecting to gear" screen without any progress although it doesnt force close or hangs... what shud i do??

It's new to me that the Gear sends you any APKs. You need to extract the APKs from the Manager APK or load em from HERE for example, all the ones in Extracted Folder + the Manager itself. And the Stub HERE comes in /system/app.

EDIT: If this still fails... 4.2.2 may be a bit too old to get things working. I suggest to install a new Version of Android then.

Last edited:

anthonyweeg

Aug 22, 2014
It's new to me that the Gear sends you any APKs. You need to extract the APKs from the Manager APK or load em from HERE for example, all the ones in Extracted Folder + the Manager itself. And the Stub HERE comes in /system/app.

I mean, not sent by the gear, but whats included in the gear manager apk... the one that you get when you change the apk extension to zip... and I also installed the stub on system/app... its still stuck at connecting to gear no matter what i do.. is it because my phone is just 4.2.2? theres no update for my phone unfortunately,, maybe i should change my phone to something that has kitkat out of the box??

emuandco

I mean, not sent by the gear, but whats included in the gear manager apk... the one that you get when you change the apk extension to zip... and I also installed the stub on system/app... its still stuck at connecting to gear no matter what i do.. is it because my phone is just 4.2.2? theres no update for my phone unfortunately,, maybe i should change my phone to something that has kitkat out of the box??

There is. Not official, but there is: VIBE UI This is your phone, right? Seems to be KitKat, but with some flaws left as it seems. But 4.2.2 is really not up to date. I had my problems 4.3.0 in the past already... ^^

anthonyweeg

Aug 22, 2014
There is. Not official, but there is: VIBE UI This is your phone, right? Seems to be KitKat, but with some flaws left as it seems. But 4.2.2 is really not up to date. I had my problems 4.3.0 in the past already... ^^

unfortunately no, my phone is a Kata i3.. although mtk6582 already has kitkat update, no one is porting it for our device and i dont know how..

Im trying to solve my problem now by trying to flash null_10.1.tar.md5 because i cant access the settings menu since i also cant bypass the activation screen.. we dont have samsung phones here.. do you by any chance have the null_10.1.tar.md5 file? i cant find a working link anywhere... please upload....

emuandco

unfortunately no, my phone is a Kata i3.. although mtk6582 already has kitkat update, no one is porting it for our device and i dont know how..

Im trying to solve my problem now by trying to flash null_10.1.tar.md5 because i cant access the settings menu since i also cant bypass the activation screen.. we dont have samsung phones here.. do you by any chance have the null_10.1.tar.md5 file? i cant find a working link anywhere... please upload....

You know that null ROM Build 23 is the newest. Why the old one?
HERE Build 23