[Keyboard] Sliding Emoji Keyboard
From the creators of Sliding Messaging Pro (@klinkdawg24 and I), we wanted to announce our newest project for you guys today! Sliding Emoji Keyboard!
Play Store description:
This is a standalone keyboard that we have created with our app Sliding Messaging Pro. It is baked into that app, so there is no need to download here if you are only using it for that app, but we wanted to add it for anyone to use, even if you don't support us through that app.
This keyboard only supports Google's new Google+ emojis, the ones in their hangouts app.
NOTE: This app will NOT actually show the emojis in the text box or on the device unless your system supports them! Please understand this! We have no way to add support for that from this app. If you would like to get that working, you will have to have a rooted phone and change the system font to one that supports Google's emojis.
Even though it doesn't show them correctly in the text boxes, when you send the message/tweet/email or whatever you are using it for, they will show up correctly, again as long as the app supports Google's new emojis. The recipient will receive them fine as well, as long as their phone has emoji support. They will be received fine on any iOS devices and any messaging app for Android that supports them. Almost all do by now.
To actually see the emojis in the app, you will have to install an app that supports them. Examples of this would be: Sliding Messaging Pro, WhatsApp, Hangouts, and many more, you will have to find out yourself if the app you want to use our keyboard with supports them.
--- How to Enable/Use ---
To enable the "Sliding Emoji Keyboard", go to Settings -> Language & Keyboard, then check the "Sliding Emoji Keyboard" to enable it.
To use "Sliding Emoji Keyboard", you need to change the input method:
- In Android 2.3 and below, select "Sliding Emoji Keyboard" from the dialog that comes up after long pressing on any text box.
- In Android 4.0 and above, drag down the notification tray when a text box is selected, then select "Sliding Emoji Keyboard" after switching the input method.
--- REMEMBER ---
As I said above, you won't be able to see all the emojis on the device! Sometimes they will show up as a blank space and usually they will show up as aiona black and white image of the selected emoji. THIS IS FINE. THEY WILL SEND CORRECTLY to all your friends that have support for them (again, iOS users and any Android messaging apps that have the emojis in them).
Credit to Andreas Stuetz for his PagerSlidingTabStrip!
We think that it turned out very well. Looks great and supports Google's new emojis.
Some notes for Sliding Messaging Pro users:
- this app is baked right into Sliding Messaging (for an upcoming update), so you don't have to download this keyboard to use it
- This keyboard is available anywhere in the system though if you do download it, so if you want to use it with other apps, twitter, email, ect. you will have to download it.
- We did it a little differently in Sliding Messaging to increase funtionality. It is the same concept here, just isn't able to actually display the emojis on the edittexts, where as it is able to do this in sliding messaging. So just know this, as it is explained in the description.
Let us know what you think