[ROOT] One Click HTC One X (AT&T/Rogers/Others) (Win/Mac/Linux)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kravguy

Mar 13, 2009
Hiram, GA
Oh yeah baby. Very good news, very good news indeed. Will be trying this out a bit later. Again, Ty for bringing this to us.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

kennethpenn

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2006
Washington, D.C.
briefmobile.com
Oh yeah baby. Very good news, very good news indeed. Will be trying this out a bit later. Again, Ty for bringing this to us.

Make sure to thank (or at least give a thought to) the people I listed in the OP. They came up with the exploit that was used!

Artimus009

Apr 30, 2011
Jacksonvillle
Im a happy camper! Does anyone know if Titanium Back up works? All I get is the overview screen.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Disregard. All is well in root land.

Last edited:
Reactions: arefin

mrjaydee82

Apr 5, 2010
Naples, FL
I used the bat file to root...once done....i cant get to the lockring to unlock my phone to use...i try rebooting and still persists....any suggestions to getting my phone going again? thank you :(

never mind.....ran batch again and all is good. excellent work.....than you :)

Last edited:

kennethpenn

Nov 29, 2006
Washington, D.C.
briefmobile.com
I used the bat file to root...once done....i cant get to the lockring to unlock my phone to use...i try rebooting and still persists....any suggestions to getting my phone going again? thank you :(

If you don't want to restore, simply do the following:

Code:
adb shell
su
mount -o remount,rw -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p33 /system
rm /data/local.prop
rm /data/local/tmp
mv /data/local/tmp.bak /data/local/tmp

That will bring back your lock screen and make the phone not sluggish. You'll have to re-try the root batch file. Make sure not to play with the phone or unplug it while rooting.

Edit: or just re-run the batch file. Looks like that worked just fine. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: dimgl

timtucker

Feb 21, 2006
Chicago, IL
timtucker.org
The mac script is saved in Win format and needs a couple other tweaks... However running each command individually worked a treat for me on my MBP / AT&T HOX. Unless someone beats me to it I'll tweak the script and PM it to you kennethpenn for your approval.

"You have our gratitude"

Reactions: Crappyvate

kennethpenn

Nov 29, 2006
Washington, D.C.
briefmobile.com
The mac script is saved in Win format and needs a couple other tweaks... However running each command individually worked a treat for me on my MBP / AT&T HOX. Unless someone beats me to it I'll tweak the script and PM it to you kennethpenn for your approval.

"You have our gratitude"

That would be awesommeee. :D

kennethpenn

Nov 29, 2006
Washington, D.C.
briefmobile.com
Okay, perhaps an ignorant question, but what would happen if you use this method, yet you already used the Superboot r2 method by Paul Obrien?

Are there any differences?

Thanks,
Peter

There's no need to use this method if you've already used the superboot one. The superboot.img only works with an unlocked bootloader, which means only Rogers users can utilize it. The method in this thread works on all One XL devices. It doesn't involve swapping the kernel (like the superboot method), so we don't need an unlocked bootloader to use it.

Reactions: PeterGuru

warri

Jan 9, 2009
Palm Beach Gardens
Great job to everyone evolved. Looks like I have some things to do tonight... Hopefully jcasr will release the bl unlock ad well.. :)

nino313

Dec 12, 2007
Detroit
Had to stop the ADB.exe process manually but after that, everything went fine. TiBu is working fine for me. Thanks for everything

kravguy

Mar 13, 2009
Hiram, GA
Another quick question (and maybe something that should be mentioned in the OP for other folks), does this reset the device? Any backup of settings/apps needs to be done prior?

kennethpenn

Nov 29, 2006
Washington, D.C.
briefmobile.com
Another quick question (and maybe something that should be mentioned in the OP for other folks), does this reset the device? Any backup of settings/apps needs to be done prior?

No it does not.

Edit: heading to bed (5:36 AM) so I'll be up in 8 or so hours for more questions and support.

Last edited:

spyz88

Oct 28, 2008
So glad I checked XDA before I shipped back my One X to AT&T :D

Thanks to those for the exploit and kenneth for the tool. ;)

daraj

Jun 21, 2007
Florida, USA
On the other thread they were saying that after rooting this method for ATT the device will be laggy. Any thoughts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CNZ3d.png
    What will this do?
    This will root your One X, install Busybox, and install the SuperSU application for rights management.​
    Instructions

1. Download and install the HTC mobile phone drivers. [Windows]
    2. Download the mod edit: link removed
    3. Extract root.zip into a directory on your computer.
    4. Plug your HTC One X into your computer via USB. Recommended: Plug your device’s USB cable into the back of your computer if you’re using a desktop PC.
    5. Enable USB Debugging on your HTC One X. Settings >> Developer Options >>USB debugging (checked)
    6. Double click root.bat/root-linux.sh/root-mac.sh to run the script.
    7. Congratulations! Your device will reboot a number of times and then you will have full root access.
    Who do I thank?
    Don't thank me. Thank sparkym3 for this exploit. Thank crisis187 for testing it out first! Thanks viperboy for the primetime tool!​
    Linux/Mac untested. Should be working now. Let me know if there are problems.
    Now it should work. File host problem. My bad guys!
    Tips:

-Disable HTC Sync when you do this
    -Make sure the port is open
    -kill existing ADB.exe processes

otherwise you can get adb server out of date messages and a few other errors

No it does not.

Edit: heading to bed (5:36 AM) so I'll be up in 8 or so hours for more questions and support.
    Tips:

-Disable HTC Sync when you do this
    -Make sure the port is open
    -kill existing ADB.exe processes

otherwise you can get adb server out of date messages and a few other errors

Should already do that with adb kill-server command.