System backup please?!

Search This thread
S

SuddenGun007

So maybe you read that i asked about rooting stuff, but the question couldnt be answered because that guy didnt know what ROM i have,so i guess you know what ROM i have and what would the procedure be to root??

So take the JB-Stock-System.zip, and put it on your phone (still zipped), boot into recovery mode and you want to factory wipe your cache, data, and dalvik cache. Once that is complete choose install from zip, navigate to your JB zip file and click flash or start whatever one is there, it will flash the new rom. It should then boot into stock android.

Dec 1, 2013
So take the JB-Stock-System.zip, and put it on your phone (still zipped), boot into recovery mode and you want to factory wipe your cache, data, and dalvik cache. Once that is complete choose install from zip, navigate to your JB zip file and click flash or start whatever one is there, it will flash the new rom. It should then boot into stock android.

ok thanks...everything done....thanks everybody for helping me bring my phone back,really appreciate it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just flash a new ROM in recovery, or if you plan to just do a restore of a system partition you would need to give out more information as to flash the correct one as each ROM will have a different system partition
    you still have clockwork recovery right? just get any rom onto sd card and flash from there. all will be fixed
    if you have an external sd card reader use this to put it on sd, or another phone or anything that can connect to pc that read/writes to micro sd
    if you cant do this then you will need drivers, dont let windows look for drivers, just download These drivers
    then go to device manager and right click on your usb device, choose properties, update driver, pick this one and your done (takes 2 min)
    if you still cant get driver installed right download this USBDeview and uninstall/ install here
    if you are still having issues with adb, you dont need the whole sdk, just use this
    and you will now be able to use adb sideload (found in advance settings in recovery)
    do as you please, but i highly suggest to learn this yourself (over giving it to uncle) you will feel better about yourself and be able to fix issues in the future yourself
    best of luck either way
    Yes you did
    Not sure the exact .zip that was sent to you but there are a handful of custom Roms and stock flashable Roms in the developers section here, just use any of these.
    Put on SD
    Boot to recovery
    (Normally do a nandroid backup here but you don't have a working os so skip)
    Wipe all in recovery
    Flash ROM
    Flash gapps if required
    Reboot
    Profit

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Most of the Roms for this device are prerooted, so long as it doesn't say stock unrooted in the op of the thread you download the ROM from you're fine. If you're unsure just link me to the thread in which you choose and I'll let you know

Yup, you'll stay rooted with that