Interesting KeyLimePie Leftover Discovery in Google Keyboard...

Search This thread

sewer56lol

INTRODUCTION
Been having fun using the Google Key Lime Pie keyboard?
This is something I came across accidentally earlier today and I've noticed that I couldn't find any sort of thread or discovery of this recent addition but please forgive me if this was already found.
Because as you may know, the Google Keyboard always had a hidden theme chooser in a app activity called the "Android keyboard Debug settings" but it appears that this section was quite recently changed.
I personally wanted to go back to ICS keyboard myself and as I knew this secret so I took a visit to the intent which previously to me had options for themes such as, Stone (Normal), Stone (Bold), Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich.
But I was surprised as I hit theme because the default (selected) selection on our 4.4.2 OS was named KeyLimePie (after the original 4.4 android name)

Currently I have only one device at hand so I cannot confirm the legitimacy of this but my setup is as follows :
- Latest Google Keyboard Version
- Standard Stock Based 4.4.2 KitKat based ROM build
- Device : Hammerhead (Nexus 5)

How-to.
There are two methods I'm aware of accessing an activity of an application, however to make it easy I will show a simple method which is possible due to one of our beloved launchers.

For this method I will Use Nova Launcher's Activity list.

Simply
1.Install Nova
2.Go to homescreen.
3.Long press screen, select Shortcuts then activities.
4.Go down to Google keyboard and select the Debug Options

Screenshot if stuck on this easy tutorial :
8ydyhehu.jpg

7asaze3y.jpg
ubegahar.jpg

Sent from my Android Phone using the XDA-Website
PS : I'm not a good storyteller.

Last edited:

maxpower7

May 2, 2011
Anyone want to venture a guess as to what the next version will be called? I'm voting for Licorice.

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
What exactly happens when you switch the theme to key lime pie?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

sewer56lol

May be it's for 5.0 version..

Sent from my Nexus 5 via XDA Premium HD

I'd doubt that, android versions generally release in and about each year of difference and KitKat is still quite recent. Also they followed the alphabet as follows. Donut>Eclair>Froyo>Gingerbread>Honeycomb>IceCreamSandwich>Jellybean>KitKat (Originally called Key Lime Pie)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

alen1901

Jan 29, 2011
If you decompile google keyboard you will notice couple of lines there in xmls (gb for gingerbread, ics for icecream and klp for KitKat - i would say google was lazy to correct this stuff. Nothing to see here really, its just a name missmatch, common for google. :p

Sent from Pure Nexus⁴

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INTRODUCTION
    Been having fun using the Google Key Lime Pie keyboard?
    This is something I came across accidentally earlier today and I've noticed that I couldn't find any sort of thread or discovery of this recent addition but please forgive me if this was already found.
    Because as you may know, the Google Keyboard always had a hidden theme chooser in a app activity called the "Android keyboard Debug settings" but it appears that this section was quite recently changed.
    I personally wanted to go back to ICS keyboard myself and as I knew this secret so I took a visit to the intent which previously to me had options for themes such as, Stone (Normal), Stone (Bold), Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich.
    But I was surprised as I hit theme because the default (selected) selection on our 4.4.2 OS was named KeyLimePie (after the original 4.4 android name)

Currently I have only one device at hand so I cannot confirm the legitimacy of this but my setup is as follows :
    - Latest Google Keyboard Version
    - Standard Stock Based 4.4.2 KitKat based ROM build
    - Device : Hammerhead (Nexus 5)

How-to.
    There are two methods I'm aware of accessing an activity of an application, however to make it easy I will show a simple method which is possible due to one of our beloved launchers.

For this method I will Use Nova Launcher's Activity list.

Simply
    1.Install Nova
    2.Go to homescreen.
    3.Long press screen, select Shortcuts then activities.
    4.Go down to Google keyboard and select the Debug Options

Screenshot if stuck on this easy tutorial :
    8ydyhehu.jpg

7asaze3y.jpg
    ubegahar.jpg

Sent from my Android Phone using the XDA-Website
    PS : I'm not a good storyteller.