[Q] Xperia S Shatterproof film removal

Search This thread

fundoozzz

Sep 21, 2011
New Delhi
Has anyone noticed that xperia s has a shatter proof film like the one found in xperia z. my shatterproof film has got scratches with time so i am thinking of removing it.. Has anyone done this before with Xperia S? and does it has any other disadvantage on removal apart from the glass not remaining shatterproof?
Thanks

naeem123

Nov 23, 2010
Has anyone noticed that xperia s has a shatter proof film like the one found in xperia z. my shatterproof film has got scratches with time so i am thinking of removing it.. Has anyone done this before with Xperia S? and does it has any other disadvantage on removal apart from the glass not remaining shatterproof?
Thanks

Yes, I removed my film a long time ago, the only problem I have ever encounter in doing so is the screen becomes TOO sensitive. leading to ghost touches and little hiccups due to the over sensitivity. Luckily, just putting on a brand new screen protector made the phone perfectly fine, eliminating all forms of over sensitivity. hope this helps! :good::good:

ANY type screen protector will do for the XS, even the cheap ones on eBay!

Reactions: fundoozzz
P

patrik123

Yes, I removed my film a long time ago, the only problem I have ever encounter in doing so is the screen becomes TOO sensitive. leading to ghost touches and little hiccups due to the over sensitivity. Luckily, just putting on a brand new screen protector made the phone perfectly fine, eliminating all forms of over sensitivity. hope this helps! :good::good:

Are ghost touches this thing when you scroll something and you still see previous content (text for example)? Because i removed my film and i have this problem..

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fundoozzz

Sep 21, 2011
New Delhi

After removing is there any glue left out on the screen? and is Sony logo still there?

naeem123

Nov 23, 2010
Are ghost touches this thing when you scroll something and you still see previous content (text for example)? Because i removed my film and i have this problem..

It can be, for example when I press the back button the stock browser, the phone thinks I'm holding down the back button and this open the Bookmarks tab, even though I just wanted to go back a page or exist.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

After removing is there any glue left out on the screen? and is Sony logo still there?

There is no glue what so ever on mine, and yes, the Sony logo is baked into he phone. Not the protector! hope this helps.

Reactions: fundoozzz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks

It can be, for example when I press the back button the stock browser, the phone thinks I'm holding down the back button and this open the Bookmarks tab, even though I just wanted to go back a page or exist.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

There is no glue what so ever on mine, and yes, the Sony logo is baked into he phone. Not the protector! hope this helps.