CM11 battery consumption

Search This thread

Suncatcher16

Oct 15, 2011
Kyiv
Samsung Galaxy S9
OnePlus 8
Hello!
Could anybody share his experience while using CM11 and share his battery consumption values (how much time phone can live without recharge)?
According my personal arbitrary opinion CM11 for Relay is wasting battery enormously! If using actively and extensively I should recharge battery almost in 6-10 hours. If in more light mode - in 20-24 hours. I think this is abnormal.

Last edited:

orange808

May 9, 2011
Hello!
Could anybody share his experience while using CM11 and share his battery consumtion values (how much time phone can live without recharge)?
According my personal arbitrary opinion CM11 for Relay is wasting battery enormously! If using actively and extensively I should recharge battery almost in 6-10 hours. If in more light mode - in 20-24 hours. I think this is abnormal.

Define how you are using the device. Is this a wake lock issue or is the device draining "too fast" when you are using it? How is your device configured? Is GPS on all the time? What applications are installed?

What kernel are you using? Did you do a clean install? Are you dirty flashing between CM11 and the Liquid rom?

The possibilities are limitless.

On the stock battery, an OpenGL stress test takes 3:40 (three hours and forty minutes) to completely exhaust a full charge. That's on the official CM11, clean installed, max brightness, interactive governor, with good network signal, GPS disabled, gapps installed, and no spyware apps (like Facebook) on my device.

The screen should be your number one power consumer and you should be getting about 4 hours of real world "screen on time" out of a charge on the official CM11. At least, that is my experience.

Last edited:

REV3NT3CH

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Define how you are using the device. Is this a wake lock issue or is the device draining "too fast" when you are using it? How is your device configured? Is GPS on all the time? What applications are installed?

What kernel are you using? Did you do a clean install? Are you dirty flashing between CM11 and the Liquid rom?

The possibilities are limitless.

On the stock battery, an OpenGL stress test takes 3:40 (three hours and forty minutes) to completely exhaust a full charge. That's on the official CM11, clean installed, max brightness, interactive governor, with good network signal, GPS disabled, gapps installed, and no spyware apps (like Facebook) on my device.

The screen should be your number one power consumer and you should be getting about 4 hours of real world "screen on time" out of a charge on the official CM11. At least, that is my experience.

to add to this my roms should ONLY be dirty flashed with same rom..not my other roms or anyone elses...same should go for all other roms as well...its just a general given

Suncatcher16

Oct 15, 2011
Kyiv
Samsung Galaxy S9
OnePlus 8
Details

Define how you are using the device. Is this a wake lock issue or is the device draining "too fast" when you are using it?
No this is not wake lock. I'm facing that while actively using the phone. In the idle mode it can work up to 24 hours and maybe more.

How is your device configured? Is GPS on all the time? What applications are installed?
No, I use GPS rarely. Almost never.
My apps are listed on this screenshot.

Kernel version:
3.4.84-cyanogenmod-g84bct5f
build03@cyanogenmod #1
Sat Apr 5 09:35:05 PDT 2014

Thus this OpenGL test result can be a mesaurement standard for me? If my result is less then some settings are wrong?

Okay, I'll measure my screen up time.

orange808

May 9, 2011
Could you please clarify what OpenGL test you mean? Give its link in Googple Play

I just modify existing code to make a quick and dirty stress test. I'm not sending you my app or source.

There is a useful test that you can repeat easily. Build a video playlist in your favorite player of files that you have on a cloud service. Loop the playlist and let the device stream video until the battery dies.