[Q] Bricked One

Search This thread

Rea_Rea

Jan 11, 2014
St Louis
rearea.deviantart.com
I hate asking for help as I can almost always find the answer through searching but I ihink I killed my One -_-
I moved from Sprint to Tmobile. I got a new HTC One from Tmobile (silver). I wanted to keep my old HTC One (black.) The plan was to unlock both SIM card slots and send my sister the new one (Tmobile didnt have any black and I prefer the black over silver.) Got an unlock code off ebay for the Tmobile silver, Sprint would not give me an unlock code for the black.

Looked at a bunch of different forum posts and followed the guide here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2586704
Since I have 1.29.651.7 with S-ON, I did more searching to make sure the methods would work and saw posts from others with similar situations refered back to this post. So I started with Solution 3a, got all the files, made sure phone was fully charged, etc.

Tried rumrunner and it went through the motions but did not work, got error
"ERROR: looks like device is not rooted AND lacks an unsecure kernel. SU or FU!!"
My HTC One black is rooted. Tried again, same thing.

Scrounged I dont know how many posts, somewhere along the lines I read to use a version of RUU that works with S-ON. Ran it, all was going well, progress bar was almost at the end and it stopped and it showed an ERROR RECOVERY [0].
Followed the onscreen instructions, When I unplug it from my computer as instructed, I get a "bootloader" screen that just has "RUU" in orange. Continued and it fails again, this time when I unplug it I get RUU "hboot Version is older!" Stuck at the black HTC screen with 4 triangles in each corner. Can not get to recovery, bootloader, anything.

black original running Beanstalk 4.4
Tampered
Unlocked
S-ON
Hboot 1.44

black now
Tampered
Relocked
S-On
hboot 1.55
OS 1.29.651.7 (3.04.651.2)

fastboot getver all
INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.55.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 1.00.20.0315
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main: 1.29.651.7
INFOversion-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
INFOserialno: FAxxxxxxxx
INFOimei: 99xxxxxxxxxxx
INFOmeid: 99xxxxxxxxxxxx
INFOproduct: m7_wls
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8064
INFOmodelid: PN0720000
INFOcidnum: SPCS_001
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 4281mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: RUU
INFOcommitno-bootloader: dirty-371c4f408e
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.073s

Any help appreciated

elvisypi

Nov 11, 2010
Düsseldorf
People like you really get on my nerves. How do you start with solution 3a? Did you even read what is it for? If you are on 1.29 you just need root and than run the SIMUnlocker app. You DIDN'T need the ruu. You really seem to want to kull your phone.
Anyway you have hboot 1.55 that's why the 1.29 ruu doesn't work. Lock your bootloader. You need this ruu http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2576995
Unlock bootloaderFlash the BadBoys 4.3 rom and run the simunlock helper

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Try adb reboot-bootloader it should take you to bootloader. Maybe you don't even need to run the ruu to get it working

Rea_Rea

Jan 11, 2014
St Louis
rearea.deviantart.com
Actually that was a mistype, I used 3b not a, because as mentioned I do not have s-off and I started with hboot 1.44. I did try SIMUnlocker first, but as the description said it does not work with every Rom and it did not work on mine.
Appreciate the help and will try what you've mentioned.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

elvisypi

Nov 11, 2010
Düsseldorf
Actually that was a mistype, I used 3b not a, because as mentioned I do not have s-off and I started with hboot 1.44. I did try SIMUnlocker first, but as the description said it does not work with every Rom and it did not work on mine.
Appreciate the help and will try what you've mentioned.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

To make some things clear you have hboot 1.44 or 1.55? The simunlockhelper works with every rom, you didn't have root access or weren't on a sense rom. First try if you can boot on the os, let's start from there

Rea_Rea

Jan 11, 2014
St Louis
rearea.deviantart.com
To make some things clear you have hboot 1.44 or 1.55? The simunlockhelper works with every rom, you didn't have root access or weren't on a sense rom. First try if you can boot on the os, let's start from there

I did already relock the bootloader, as that was part of the initial instructions. I started with 1.44, now it has 1.55. Correct, I was not on a sense rom. I tried flash InsertCoin back on since I came to that from Beanstalk. I cannot boot into the OS, no. I can use fastboot commands but I do not get the bootloader options, only RUU.

elvisypi

Nov 11, 2010
Düsseldorf
I did already relock the bootloader, as that was part of the initial instructions. I started with 1.44, now it has 1.55. Correct, I was not on a sense rom. I tried flash InsertCoin back on since I came to that from Beanstalk. I cannot boot into the OS, no. I can use fastboot commands but I do not get the bootloader options, only RUU.

You did pretty much everything wrong. Do what I said in the previous post: lock bootloade, than the ruu in that link. After that unlock bootloader, flash the 4.3 BadBoyz ROM from here http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=2301&task=get
Now you can finally unlock with the SIMUnlock helper