[DEV][Kernel] P5210 | USB RT8187 | Aircrack-ng How to Included

Search This thread

Jacker31

Feb 5, 2014
Johor
Em.... @Max4000 what you did? I did a tones of crap on my device though... is your device still able to boot up into recovery?

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 AM ----------

I've got still the same problem.

If your device is totally black out, try to leave it for hours to days and charge it. once you saw that battery sign, boot into download and flash new recovery and firmware...I think i messed up my recovery too. If you still able to boot up, just proceed with the odin.

Max4000

Aug 17, 2011
Hannover
I flashed the complete zip offered by Daniel. Maybe I'll try an other 4.2.2 rom with his kernel.

I can still boot into recovery, no problem.

Jacker31

Feb 5, 2014
Johor
mydevice.png

I can feel that red circle part warm right after it black out and also happens during i keep holding the power button...

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

@Max4000
just to be safe, download stock rom and flash it and boot it up...

Reactions: Max4000

Jacker31

Feb 5, 2014
Johor
I am so stupid.

I've got a P5200 not an P5210... Please excuse my stupidness.

Haha is alright, it's easy to get confused. Well i am afraid i have to pause my development until i got my device back. Well before my device went black, I charged it up 100% (maybe 90+% after i unplugged and do countless times of reboot). I have to wait until the battery drain or idk how but somehow i am able to charge it and enter bootloader mode after maybe 24 hours or up to 7 days. so hard to say....*OH NOooooo I AM HAVING CLAN WAR ON COC TONIGHT* Arrrgh...

Last edited:

r2d23cpo

Jan 25, 2014
@Jacker31

Listen, I confuse I guess both of you where stock, but now only Jacker31

Listen carefully, I know the cure to many devices like Palm was to let the device drain, then see how it reboot into factory. No TAB 3 boot.img programing will not work like that. There is no factory.img waiting to resurect your device. That boot.img is what you have.

I already said that. Do not let it drain unless you want to open your tab and charge the battery separately! At least that have been the comments. I personally think that the device could boot while hook to the PC in an attempt to program. I know that I said that but THAT in fact is dangerous for 2 reasons. One I f you see the device power adapter is 2 Amps. So we can assume that a discharge TAb can load at least 1.5 amp when discharge. A PC USB only supply .5 Amp!! And a general rule for any device is that you never program a device with minimum power due to possible firmware corruption

So here is my tip.

When the device failed boot.img and goes into black screen it can make you think it is broken. But In fact it is in boot "Limbo". So because there is no feedback on the screen (image) You never know where the TAB 3 is with reference of Power OFF, Charging, Download mode Boot mode or Recovery mode.

You will be save if you can get away of the corrupt boot. Then get into download mode and use Odin or get into recovery and use a good update.zip or backup.

So our BEST tool is the Three button Start Sequence to get away from the Boot bad image. The truth is that our TAB does not requires the Home Button to be Press. SO we only use Power.,Vol- and/or Vol+.

Here is the Basic.
Get a Clock that shows seconds.
Disconnect USB Cable from TAB. Tab should have at least little battery power. Why, to ensure you get in Power Off Mode and not unknown charging mode.

* Pressing Power Button for 6 consecutive seconds should reset and bring TAB 3 to Power Off Mode. Pressing Longer can actually confuse the device, because it may go in to Boot again or just Get another reset and loop back. So the secret is to Hold Comfortable & Firm you Tab in you hand to ensure you PRESS continuously but only the required time.. Then Press Firm ONLY the Power Button lets say 7 Seconds NOT MORE then release. You do not Know but know you should be in POWER OFF.

* Now Lets go to Download Mode. For That we need only POWER + Vol- ( Vol- is the Closest to Power). Remember to Hold firm your TAB and buttons. A bad contact will interrupt the process. DO not Press TO HARD, you could damage your buttons. But Here is a tip. You want to ensure that your TAB know you Press the Vol-. For this reason you are going to press Firm FIRST the [Vol-]. Now Keep pressing [Vol-] and press [POWER]. In 3 seconds you should see The Warning and the Triangle of Download Mode. if you get there the use Odin to revive your TAB. I am Attaching an Odin Boot file.

If it fails try again. Press [Power] for 7 seconds. Release. Wait 3 seconds. Press [Vol-] then [Power] for 2 seconds. Then while keeping [Vol-] down release [Power], no more than 3 seconds later ===> Download Mode. Now use Odin file

The same goes for Recovery. But in recovery is [Vol+]
Press [Power] for 7 second. Release. Wait 3 seconds. Press [Vol+]then [Power] for 2 seconds. Then while keeping [Vol+] down release [Power], no more than 3 seconds later ===> Recovery Mode., now use your backup or the update.zip I gave you.

Now let me explain.
* Press [Power] for 7 second. ==> This in fact after 6 seconds trigger Power Off Mode.
* Release. Wait 3 seconds. ==> This ensure that you guys do not trigger Power On or even a second time Power Off.
* Press [Vol+]then [Power] for 2 seconds. ==> Please note that we first press [Vol] so that there is no doubt that you want to Power on in a special mode. You press [Power] for 2 seconds only so that it Power On and in fact do not reach the 6 second for another power off!
* Then while keeping [Vol+] down release [Power] ==> You need to release [Power] so that you do not trigger another Power Off. But need to HOLD [Vol] for about 3 seconds so that it boots in Download or recovery Mode.

Please Note the dilemma. Keeping [Power] press more than necessary will result in a unknown state, depending only in how many the devices in fact triggered Power off and or power On!! That is why you need to observe the timing.

NOTE:
If you get stock in Download mode just press Power for 7 seconds and release.

Some people say that a magic rest is when you press [POWER]+[Vol-]+[Vol+], all 3 at the same time. Just try it may work for you.

I will post files soon.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

@Max4000 @Jacker31

OHHHH BOYY I think I know what you guys are doing wrong.

I believe you guys decided to upgrade to th infamous KK 4.4.2. And know you guys are experimenting with the JB 4.2.2 Kernel. Bad bad boys, a 4.2.2 boot image will not be accepted by KK4.4.2 security!!!!

Any way I suggest if you are to keep experimenting is better to stick to more friendly 4.2.2 or at least compile 4.4.2 kernel Instead.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Listen guys my Internet it bad. At the moment I can not upload. So I am going to give you instructions for the files.

I am amusing you guys are in 4.4.2 KK.
I guess you should have a backup copy. Well I do not use 4.4.2 so best i can do is suggest you use the following file gave to me by moonbutt74 but I have not test it. I only have a GT-P5210, if you have different you need to search for it.

gt-p5210-stock-KK-boot.img==> h__ps://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95897840722647395

To make a kk4.4.2 Update.zip, use these file and create the update.zip as explained previously. Cleraly you are going to use the update.zip if you get in to recovery mode.

But If you get in Download mode instead you need a tar.md5 file. For this download the previous file and in Linux type:

Code:
cp gt-p5210-stock-KK-boot.img boot.img
tar -H ustar -c boot.img > odin_package_boot.img.tar
md5sum -t odin_package_boot.img.tar >> odin_package_boot.img.tar
mv odin_package_boot.img.tar odin_package_boot.img.tar.md5

As you see you will end up with an Odin package called odin_package_boot.img.tar.md5

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

OHH BOYYYYY! Third strike

@Jacker31 I am looking now at your "ninjakernel.zip" . And I am now more confuse. I thought You said you have a GT-P5210 WIFI. P5210 name is santos10wifi. But when I look at your ramdisk it shows "santos10lte" witch is the code name for GT-P5200.

SO If you have a GT-P5200 the file I post do not work for you. The instructions to build update.zip or tar.md5 are ok, work for all.

Last edited:

Jacker31

Feb 5, 2014
Johor
@Jacker31

Listen carefully, I know the cure to many devices like Palm was to let the device drain, then see how it reboot into factory. No TAB 3 boot.img programing will not work like that. There is no factory.img waiting to resurect your device. That boot.img is what you have.

I already said that. Do not let it drain unless you want to open your tab and charge the battery separately! At least that have been the comments. I personally think that the device could boot while hook to the PC in an attempt to program. I know that I said that but THAT in fact is dangerous for 2 reasons. One I f you see the device power adapter is 2 Amps. So we can assume that a discharge TAb can load at least 1.5 amp when discharge. A PC USB only supply .5 Amp!! And a general rule for any device is that you never program a device with minimum power due to possible firmware corruption

So here is my tip.

When the device failed boot.img and goes into black screen it can make you think it is broken. But In fact it is in boot "Limbo". So because there is no feedback on the screen (image) You never know where the TAB 3 is with reference of Power OFF, Charging, Download mode Boot mode or Recovery mode.

You will be save if you can get away of the corrupt boot. Then get into download mode and use Odin or get into recovery and use a good update.zip or backup.

So our BEST tool is the Three button Start Sequence to get away from the Boot bad image. The truth is that our TAB does not requires the Home Button to be Press. SO we only use Power.,Vol- and/or Vol+.

Here is the Basic.
Disconnect USB Cable from TAB. Tab should have at least little battery power. Why, to ensure you get in Power Off Mode and not unknown charging mode.

* Pressing Power Button for 6 consecutive seconds should reset and bring TAB 3 to Power Off Mode. Pressing Longer can actually confuse the device, because it may go in to Boot again or just Get another reset and loop back. So the secret is to Hold Comfortable & Firm you Tab in you hand to ensure you PRESS continuously but only the required time.. Then Press Firm ONLY the Power Button lets say 7 Seconds NOT MORE then release. You do not Know but know you should be in POWER OFF.

* Now Lets go to Download Mode. For That we need only POWER + Vol- ( Vol- is the Closest to Power). Remember to Hold firm your TAB and buttons. A bad contact will interrupt the process. DO not Press TO HARD, you could damage your buttons. But Here is a tip. You want to ensure that your TAB know you Press the Vol-. For this reason you are going to press Firm FIRST the [Vol-]. Now Keep pressing [Vol-] and press [POWER]. In 3 seconds you should see The Warning and the Triangle of Download Mode. if you get there the use Odin to revive your TAB. I am Attaching an Odin Boot file.

If it fails try again. Press [Power] for 7 seconds. Release. Wait 3 seconds. Press [Vol-] then [Power] for 2 seconds. Then while keeping [Vol-] down release [Power], no more than 3 seconds later ===> Download Mode. Now use Odin file

Press [Power] for 7 second. Release. Wait 3 seconds. Press [Vol+]then [Power] for 2 seconds. Then while keeping [Vol+] down release [Power], no more than 3 seconds later ===> Recovery Mode., now use your backup or the update.zip I gave you.

Now let me explain.
* Press [Power] for 7 second. ==> This in fact after 6 seconds trigger Power Off Mode.
* Release. Wait 3 seconds. ==> This ensure that you guys do not trigger Power On or even a second time Power Off.
* Press [Vol+]then [Power] for 2 seconds. ==> Please note that we first press [Vol] so that there is no doubt that you want to Power on in a special mode. You press [Power] for 2 seconds only so that it Power On and in fact do not reach the 6 second for another power off!
* Then while keeping [Vol+] down release [Power] ==> You need to release [Power] so that you do not trigger another Power Off. But need to HOLD [Vol] for about 3 seconds so that it boots in Download or recovery Mode.

Please Note the dilemma. Keeping [Power] press more than necessary will result in a unknown state, depending only in how many the devices in fact triggered Power off and or power On!! That is why you need to observe the timing.

NOTE:

Some people say that a magic rest is when you press [POWER]+[Vol-]+[Vol+], all 3 at the same time. Just try it may work for you.

I will post files soon.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

@Max4000 @Jacker31

I believe you guys decided to upgrade to th infamous KK 4.4.2. And know you guys are experimenting with the JB 4.2.2 Kernel. Bad bad boys, a 4.2.2 boot image will not be accepted by KK4.4.2 security!!!!

Any way I suggest if you are to keep experimenting is better to stick to more friendly 4.2.2 or at least compile 4.4.2 kernel Instead.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Listen guys my Internet it bad. At the moment I can not upload. So I am going to give you instructions for the files.

I guess you should have a backup copy. Well I do not use 4.4.2 so best i can do is suggest you use the following file gave to me by moonbutt74 but I have not test it. I only have a GT-P5210, if you have different you need to search for it.

gt-p5210-stock-KK-boot.img==> h__ps://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95897840722647395

To make a kk4.4.2 Update.zip, use these file and create the update.zip as explained previously. Cleraly you are going to use the update.zip if you get in to recovery mode.

But If you get in Download mode instead you need a tar.md5 file. For this download the previous file and in Linux type:

Code:

As you see you will end up with an Odin package called odin_package_boot.img.tar.md5

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

@Jacker31 I am looking now at your "ninjakernel.zip" . And I am now more confuse. I thought You said you have a GT-P5210 WIFI. P5210 name is santos10wifi. But when I look at your ramdisk it shows "santos10lte" witch is the code name for GT-P5200.

SO If you have a GT-P5200 the file I post do not work for you. The instructions to build update.zip or tar.md5 are ok, work for all.
P5220 is the LTE edition, p5210 is the wifi edition, thats whats people normally confused about.

@Max4000 @Jacker31

I am using 4.4 kk kernel source to mod, so in result the kernel should be 4.4 kernel instead of 4.2 JB kernel.

I have tried like what you said, using the 3 button tool, but it seems like not booting up into download mode nor recovery mode. Here is more detail right before my device gone blank. After i flash my boot.img, I got stuck in samsung screen, so I went back to philz and do a restore after wipe what i supposed to, then it says md5 error. And when i go back to menu it just hang there and i can do nothing about it.Then i forced shut down and attempt to boot into download mode so i can flash with odin back into stock, it vibrates and *poop* blank... and thats what i got until now...
mydevice.png

Last edited:

r2d23cpo

Jan 25, 2014
Got it, GT-P5220 is the LTE edition. I guess the you are saing you have a LTE model!

Listen kk 4.4.2 has selinux enable. All sort of securities are active just waiting to to test and fail your project! So again if you plan on testing, I suggest you to use 4.2.2 then after you have it working then you can try kk4.4.2.

About Heat. My device also Heats in that area too, maximum heat is just below IR transducer. I think is the lamp. Why because I had try some program that does do a screen saver while on "boot" and with that program the device do not heat!!

I will look for my jig to see if it does work in TAB3.

Nope, I got a gig that works nice in a Galaxy S3 but when inserted in TAB3 10.1 it does nothing.

Last edited:

Jacker31

Feb 5, 2014
Johor
About Heat. My device also Heats in that area too, maximum heat is just below IR transducer. I think is the lamp. Why because I had try some program that does do a screen saver while on "boot" and with that program the device do not heat!!

I will look for my jig to see if it does work in TAB3.

Nope, I got a gig that works nice in a Galaxy S3 but when inserted in TAB3 10.1 it does nothing

My jig doesn't work too, i have test it on galaxy w, ace, s3 and s2 and during warranty period of my tab3 ( before i do any modding on it ) it works. Wonder why not it is not working anymore.

Jacker31

Feb 5, 2014
Johor
Well i hate crappy wifi ==gotta wait for 2 hours just to download new firmware... guess luck is with me, I did nothing and i just plug in with the charger and now it boot up but as expected encounter boot loop. I am gotta flash it back to 4.4 kk and use it for a while. And I am gotta download 4.2 source and edit it again. Hopefully it works under 4.2 JB.

Last edited:

r2d23cpo

Jan 25, 2014
... I did nothing and i just plug in with the charger and now it boot up but as expected encounter boot loop...

No I do not think was luck, You use the button and you got in Power OFF. You just did not so the difference, but when hook to the wall it did start charging!!

If you are in 4.2.2, to prevent getting so deep into trouble, next time do not WIPE data or Cache. You are just playing with boot.img. So to correct you only need to reprogram with a good boot.img. 4.2.2 system do not check boot or recovery.

Now the best of the best is CM10.1 4.2.2 boot.img. It has SElinux disabled and you can then mod even deeper the boot image.

Jacker31

Feb 5, 2014
Johor
No I do not think was luck, You use the button and you got in Power OFF. You just did not so the difference, but when hook to the wall it did start charging!!

If you are in 4.2.2, to prevent getting so deep into trouble, next time do not WIPE data or Cache. You are just playing with boot.img. So to correct you only need to reprogram with a good boot.img. 4.2.2 system do not check boot or recovery.

Now the best of the best is CM10.1 4.2.2 boot.img. It has SElinux disabled and you can then mod even deeper the boot image.

Well, I agree, the SElinux gave tones developers trouble, same thing happen when i am messing with my galaxy wonder. I am don't really have good skills on boot.img reprogramming but i will not give up on it. I will try it with 4.2 and CM, hopefully I can get something nice. I think i will just flash to stock firmware and change it to CWM as I am more confidence on it than Philz or TWRP. :good:

r2d23cpo

Jan 25, 2014
@Daniel-TAz00 , @Jacker31 , @Max4000

I need to clarify something.

I like to obey xda rules. I may not agree with a few but I obey them. This thread is called "[DEV][Kernel] P5210 | USB RT8187 | Aircrack-ng How to Included". I been posting because I assume we are working towards an improved on this thread. Now I may be confusing but I guess I think the title have been change and it shows a very Specific Work. [Kernel], P5210, USB RT8187, Aircrack-ng. I now I am not sure we are meeting that criteria!!! You guys have P5200 and P5220 and I assume the Idea is NOT to use USB RT8187 instead TAB3 own Wifi!!! And finally we are taking a lot of post in Kernel Development and unbricking procedure. In fact my-self.

If you guys do not mind I suggest we move to a new more generic thread where we may not violate any rules. Then once we have solution more close related to this thread we can return and post that solution here. Daniel-TAz00 in the other hand if you want us to be here please say so. Do not get it wrong, I am pretty happy here but I will not like to see us in trouble in the future.

I seen that Jacker31 loves to create new Thread in benefits to others. So if you want to start that thread please do so. If not, some time ago I wrote a thread called, SGT3 10.1 Rom Developing by learning developers => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2643970. This is a suggestion, just to keep on good xda standing. Wait for you answer.

@Jacker31
I know I Mention CM10.1. Please be aware there in no Official Working Cianogenmod for our device, the most we have is Angel_666 work. I had taken a lot of work to get where hi is at.
For know I suggest you not to get involved in CM10.1. I have bad Internet, It took me 1 moth just to downlond ripos and patches just to see it compile boot and recovery images. It does not produce a working system.img.

Now what I try to say before is that a 4.2.2 CM10.1 boot & recovery images had make my life more easier. At least that is my impression. Just give me some time I will post the images I use. Then you can place your Kernel on it.

Daniel-TAz00

Aug 11, 2012
www.drebsdorf.net
To hell with the xda rules, they're toxic anyway :D

Getting the proper monitor mode broadcom drivers should be possible, which broadcom chip do we have tho?
https://code.google.com/p/bcmon/source/browse/trunk/#trunk/bcm4329/driver/src/bcm4329

Anyone know which is the latest kernel source file? (i could surely compile for the P5200 aswell)
http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=GT-P5210

I was thinking of compiling a new kernel, to get on the 4.4.2 wagon

r2d23cpo

Jan 25, 2014
Daniel-TAz00

I know my post are too long, but you guys talk to little and some time do not respond what are ask. So I got confuse by not understanding the objectives of Jacker31. The I have a feeling you edit the Title.

In any case It may be good Idea to express our self in a Kernel development thread. Then once we are set and have the drivers ready we can come and post them here. Any way Jacker31 started his post!
[DIS][DEV]Android Kernel Modding for GT-P52xx => http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-3/development-10/dis-android-kernel-modding-gt-p52xx-t3052321

Getting the proper monitor mode broadcom drivers should be possible, which broadcom chip do we have tho?
h__ps://code.google.com/p/bcmon/source/browse/trunk/#trunk%2Fbcm4329%2Fdriver%2Fsrc%2Fbcm4329

I look at that post before and at at the blog that talk about that. Are those drivers modified for promiscuous com already?

Any way here is what I has found. If I serach in Android OS
Code:
 # ls /system/etc/wifi                                           
bcmdhd_apsta.bin_b2
bcmdhd_mfg.bin_b2
bcmdhd_p2p.bin_b2
bcmdhd_sta.bin_b2
cred.conf
hostapd.conf
nvram_mfg.txt
nvram_net.txt
p2p_supplicant.conf
wpa_supplicant.conf

This gives me de idea that our wifi driver is called bcmdhd.
The driver in the kernel is at
Code:
Kernel-GT-P5210_SEA_JB_Opensource/drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd

And the modules provided in boot.img are
Code:
# ls /lib/modules                                               
atomisp.ko
db8131m.ko
dhd.ko
exfat_core.ko
exfat_fs.ko
hid-logitech-dj.ko
s5k5ccgx.ko
scsi_wait_scan.ko
sgx.ko
videobuf-core.ko
videobuf-vmalloc.ko

So the closes thing I see is
Code:
dhd.ko
But when I search kernel source to see what modules are install during init.rc I found
Code:
ramdisk$ grep -rn "insmod /lib/modules/" *
init.avc.rc:23:    insmod /lib/modules/videobuf-core.ko
init.avc.rc:24:    insmod /lib/modules/videobuf-dma-contig.ko
init.avc.rc:25:    insmod /lib/modules/videobuf-vmalloc.ko
init.avc.rc:26:    insmod /lib/modules/videobuf2-core.ko
init.avc.rc:27:    insmod /lib/modules/videobuf2-memops.ko
init.avc.rc:32:    #insmod /lib/modules/ov8830.ko
init.avc.rc:33:    #insmod /lib/modules/mt9m114.ko
init.avc.rc:34:    #insmod /lib/modules/lm3554.ko
init.avc.rc:36:    insmod /lib/modules/s5k5ccgx.ko
init.avc.rc:37:    insmod /lib/modules/db8131m.ko
init.avc.rc:38:    insmod /lib/modules/atomisp.ko
init.common.rc:138:    insmod /lib/modules/atomisp.ko
init.rc:137:insmod /lib/modules/exfat_core.ko
init.rc:138:insmod /lib/modules/exfat_fs.ko
init.redhookbay.rc:45:    insmod /lib/modules/sgx.ko
init.redhookbay.rc:48:    insmod /lib/modules/matrix.ko
init.redhookbay.rc:126:    insmod /lib/modules/rmi4.ko
init.redhookbay.rc:198:    insmod /lib/modules/rmi4.ko boot_mode=1
init.santos10wifi.rc:63:    insmod /lib/modules/sgx.ko
init.santos10wifi.rc:66:    insmod /lib/modules/matrix.ko
init.santos10wifi.rc:176:    insmod /lib/modules/rmi4.ko
init.santos10wifi.rc:353:    insmod /lib/modules/rmi4.ko boot_mode=1
init.wifi.vendor.rc:3:#    insmod /lib/modules/cfg80211.ko
init.wireless.rc:4:    insmod /lib/modules/fmdrv_chr.ko
init.wireless.rc:6:    insmod /lib/modules/ipv6.ko

So it is not clear why there is a dhd.ko but it never loads!. This may means only that dhd is in fact build inside the kernel!!! I am not sure.

As a note "dhd.ko" have references inside about "bcmdhd". So I am prety sure this is the driver.
Code:
ramdisk$ grep -rn "bcmdhd" *
Binary file lib/modules/dhd.ko matches

Anyone know which is the latest kernel source file? (i could surely compile for the P5200 aswell)
http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=GT-P5210

Again to start you guys should start testing with JB 4.2.2, then try in KK 4.4.2. You will see what I mean if you don't.
Another funny thing you are saying you are P5200 but show me a P5210 for selection!!
for KK you have ( Look in the Source Code column)
Code:
GT-P5200_SEA_KK_Opensource.zip
GT-P5200_EUR_KK_Opensource.zip

Now I am not sure but I think for kernel development any one is OK, I think that bzimage will work for all TAB3 10.1. I imagine, the importance could be only to match KK or JB version. But I am not Totally sure about that. Now going back to KK 4.4.2 issue. It is possible that does not apply to KK since Selinux and related security may prevent mixing!! But I am not sure on that it is just a feeling!.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacker31

Jacker31

Feb 5, 2014
Johor
@r2d23cpo @Daniel-TAz00 I finally got my kernel working :) thanks for all of your support. Even though i got some error *i cant remember* when i tried to put it into monitor mode. But i guess i will work around that tomorrow. But one thing weird that it cannot detect my TP-Link adapter that base off Atheros AR9002U even though i enabled Atheros driver.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

This kernel/rom lets you connect an RT8187 USB Wifi adapter to your GT-P5210 and run aircrack-ng/airmon-ng/airodump-ng through Linux on Android.

Mind the noobness, I just compiled my first kernel(ever) and stuck it in someones image and it worked.

AOUpI2S.png

(worked untill i enabled the builtin wifi, lol)

After i bought one of these tablets I can't say I'm not a bit dissapointed about the amount of dev work on the GT-5210, (words go unspoken for DutchDanny, Angel_666, trevd)
    It's an x86 device, anything should be compileable and runable without any arm mods (i'm looking at you kali linux) this thing should be owning the Nexus 7.

Tested with TWRP 2.7 recovery

Its built using builduntu, and from the P5210UEUAMI8 source, with the toolchain recommended in the Kernel Readme.

I followed this tutorial to enable driver support
    And this detailed guide to compile the kernel and create a proper boot.img

Replaced the boot.img in Mod57's rom with my modified one. (god fed up with fastboot and usb issues on Win 8.1 and just flashed it, it worked. Thats my testing)

This is built using the Samsung GT-P5210 P5210UEUAMI8 [4.2.2] Jelly Bean base.
    ORIGINAL THREAD

This is not debloated it's fat and sassy like Samsung intended it.
    If you would like to debloat I highly recommend using DutchDanny's debloater which can be found here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2482582

• Jelly Bean P5210UEUAMI8
    • Fully Deodexed
    • Rooted
    • BusyBox
    • Zipaligned
    • Extended Power Menu (Wanam Xposed)
    • Will Not Delete Internal SD

Thanks to:
    DutchDanny
    Angel_666
    Zidkijah

and everyone else who has contributed to this device.

Download:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23189362627838229
    MD5: 79f732fefbaf7882bc7c814d3ac1e998

Once you have downloaded and verified Mod57's rom, open up the zip and replace boot.img with this one:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gfucdzsadciy66/boot.zip
    MD5: 4dd95a78c78550586cf3c2f7953978ab boot.img

You must have a rooted device (I used TWRP 2.7, http://nasirtech.blogspot.dk/2014/03/root-p5210xxuanb4-android-422-stock.html)
    Code:
    Put the modified rom onto the sdcard
    Go to recovery
    Wipe Cache and dalvik-cache
    Install the ROM
    Reboot and enjoy

Once you have installed the kernel and it boots up, you must follow these steps to chroot into an ubuntu image and compile / install aircrack.
    Code:
    Download this image: ubuntu-13.10.LARGE.x86.ext2.v1.zip
    from [url]http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxonandroid/files/Ubuntu/13.10/x86/[/url]
    and copy it to your sdcard

Thanks to jorgen_gustavsson for his excellent work [url]http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2573441[/url]

1.  Install busybox [url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox[/url]
    2.  Install a vnc viewer [url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=android.androidVNC[/url]
    3.  Install [url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid[/url]
        (Not sure, but open and close it once to be safe)
    4.  Copy bootscript.sh [url=http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2573441]link to bootscript thread[/url] to /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/ overwrite the old file.
        bootscript.sh
        (Thanks to xdadev: jorgen_gustavsson)
    5.  Unpack and Copy the ubuntu-13.10.LARGE.x86.ext2.img and .md5 to a place of your choosing on either internal or external sdcard.
    6.  Make a Linux on Android widget and point it to the img file you copied to your sdcard (ubuntu-13.10.LARGE.x86.ext2.v1.img).
    7.  Now click on the LOA widget you made in 6 and let linux ”bootup”
    8.  Press 'y' to check MD5 checksum 
    9.  Connect vnc to localhost:5900 password ubuntu

Now to install Aircrack

# Libraries
    sudo updatedb
    sudo apt-get install build-essential
    sudo apt-get install gcc
    sudo apt-get install zlibg-dev
    sudo apt-get install libssl-dev (or libssl-dev depending on your distribution)

#airolib-ng optional sqlite=true
    sudo apt-get install libsqlite3-devel

#libnl optional libnl=true
    sudo apt-get install libnl-genl-3-dev libnl-3-dev

#Required Extras
    sudo apt-get install wireless-tools
    sudo apt-get install net-tools
    sudo apt-get install wicd-curses (or wicd-cli)
    sudo apt-get install usbutils
    sudo apt-get install wpasupplicant
    sudo apt-get install dbus

# Download & unpack (or replace link with latest trunk)
    wget [url]http://download.aircrack-ng.org/aircrack-ng-1.2-beta3.tar.gz[/url]
    tar -zxvf aircrack-ng-1.2-beta3.tar.gz
    cd aircrack-ng-1.2-beta3

# Make
    sudo make libnl=false sqlite=false
    sudo make install libnl=false sqlite=false

# or
    make libnl=true;make libnl=true install
    make install libnl=true;make libnl=true install

# or Airolib-ng support
    make sqlite=true;make sqlite=true install
    make install sqlite=true;make sqlite=true install

# Add binaries to path
    export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/sbin

# add the above line to below file for include path on startup
    vim /home/ubuntu/.bashrc

# Update MAC OUI
    airodump-ng-oui-update

Reboot and disable your internal wifi, connect your dongle, and get cracking.

This is what I spent my easter (and then some) doing, I hope someone can make good use of it. I can :)

Maybe someone can come along and add bcmon for the bcm4334 chipset
    (Just maybe https://code.google.com/p/bcmon/source/browse/trunk/bcm4330/driver/src/bcmdhd/Kconfig?r=4 )

Any feedback and questions are welcome:

why didn't you use the latest source? -couldn't find it
    Will this kernel work with xx rom? -probably not
    Why aren't more roms including this? -dno, its in the menuconfig, should be easy

I've tried to give thanks where ever possible, let me know if you feel left out.
    Ill come back tomorrow and clean up my post.

Best Regards
    Here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q27inuf6jmnhvdm/P5210UEUAMI8-Custom.zip?dl=0 942MB

It's what has been running on my tablet since I made the topic. If your tablet turns into a magic mushroom, it wasnt my fault ;)
    To hell with the xda rules, they're toxic anyway :D

https://code.google.com/p/bcmon/source/browse/trunk/#trunk/bcm4329/driver/src/bcm4329

Maybe someone can create a flashable zip of the kernel he has linked to. So I would try to flash it separately.

I'll upload a complete zip for you, it's just gonna take a little while ....
    @Jacker31

So here is my tip.

Here is the Basic.

Now let me explain.

NOTE:

I will post files soon.

@Max4000 @Jacker31

Code: